Nagy to get Promoted to OC?

AZ54

Nagy and Pederson both got HC jobs with limited play calling. Bienemy having to go to another team as an OC seems odd. I am thinking his interviews must be brutal. No way he keeps getting passed over solely because he is on Reid's coattails. 

10 hours ago, adam said:

Nagy and Pederson both got HC jobs with limited play calling. Bienemy having to go to another team as an OC seems odd. I am thinking his interviews must be brutal. No way he keeps getting passed over solely because he is on Reid's coattails. 

Totally, he must not communicate well because he is a creditable candidate.

Don't like saying it but he may also be having issues being hired as HC because, gasp, he's Black.

Unfortunate, but there are still a lot of owners who are bigots.

The league keeps on saying they will clean this up but the efforts they have made are feeble IMO.

12 minutes ago, Daventry said:

I have a really hard time buying that.  How did Lovie get a job if black is an issue?  Geez….

Owners want a HC that projects well in front of the team and press.(see Nagy)  To me, Beineimy is kinda short and dumpy, not very charismatic.  Sort of the same with Jim Caldwell.  I would hire Caldwell on a New York minute.  In 30 years of corporate America, I've been discriminated against for being male, white and overweight.  It's a bitch.

The race stigma is slowly going away.  Look at our GM and president.  There's still work to do.

I hear you, but I don’t agree that race necessarily played a part in this issue nor many other issues that the media would have us believe.

I will leave it there as I don’t want to infect a great sports page with political issues.  I hope that this site stays well away from politricks.

I never post much due to knowing full well I don’t know as much as probably everyone else here about football and tending to put my foot firmly in my mouth at times, particularly after losses and other aggravating events.

I visit this site daily multiple times and count on it while so many things in my personal life change and I can’t count on them anymore.

Thanks everyone, and back to my hidey hole I go, lol.

7 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

It’s because he’s black unfortunately.

I think these days that is hard to buy. In the past it absolutely was the case. For that to be the case, 32 teams would have to meet and say , forget him he's black. Are there a few old bigots, sure there is, but for 32 teams to get together and say let's choose Lovie ( 3 times) , but Beineimy is black ? As these guys stated its about personality . Lovie, Demarco, Tomlin, they command a room when they walk in it, if Beieneimy is quiet not very energetic, it shows up in an interview. Doesn't have anything to do with how he may coach but how he projects himself to the public.

12 minutes ago, Daventry said:

I hear you, but I don’t agree that race necessarily played a part in this issue nor many other issues that the media would have us believe.

I will leave it there as I don’t want to infect a great sports page with political issues.  I hope that this site stays well away from politricks.

I never post much due to knowing full well I don’t know as much as probably everyone else here about football and tending to put my foot firmly in my mouth at times, particularly after losses and other aggravating events.

I visit this site daily multiple times and count on it while so many things in my personal life change and I can’t count on them anymore.

Thanks everyone, and back to my hidey hole I go, lol.

Unlike you I put my foot in my mouth all the time, you should engage more. I'm  one of the last  percieved jerks on here. I liked to jack with people on comments but more to be playful that being a jerk. Its all about perception, just like different coaches with different personalities. Some engage and some are laid back like you.

I think these guys would sell their own grandmothers for a super bowl win. I cant imagine anything would prevent them from picking the guy they thought would be a winner for them.

For whatever reason, some Coordinators  are thought to be great leaders and strategists, and other aren't - and this is true for all races. We all know coordinators of every color who would seem to make great head coaches, and others who don't.

My guess is that after Nagy, no one trusts the KC OC to be a head coach, because they didnt even prove anything calling plays. I think this is why Bieniemy was looked over. And i think he thinks it too, because he is leaving to go somewhere where he will be calling plays and taking credit or blame for the offense he runs, not Andy Ried.

I'd also like to echo the sentiment that this board is better without politics. We all love the Bears. I dont think anyone here is hateful or has ever said anything hateful on this board, so maybe it's best to just concentrate on our commonality as a community, and leave that divisive stuff for other places on the internet.

I like everyone here, and I really enjoy the debates we have over players and stuff.

I think interviews for job is about presentation. Some people are Einstein when talking football but don't communicate well. Don't know about Eric B but when I was in business , the people I hired was because of their personality which did  make for some bad choices. 

13 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Owners want a HC that projects well in front of the team and press.(see Nagy)  To me, Beineimy is kinda short and dumpy, not very charismatic.  Sort of the same with Jim Caldwell.  I would hire Caldwell on a New York minute.  In 30 years of corporate America, I've been discriminated against for being male, white and overweight.  It's a bitch.

The race stigma is slowly going away.  Look at our GM and president.  There's still work to do.

Mongo, this made me seriously lol.

For Bieniemy, he has had Mahomes the entire time as OC with Reid calling the plays. That right there would make it a tough sell for any new team. Then if he interviews really bad, that makes it pretty easy to pass on him. Then once a few teams do that, it really makes the others hesitant to pull the trigger. Hackett in Denver didn't help him, one year removed from being Rodgers OC and Hackett looks completely incompetent.

Also, I don't know why people are not just happy with dudes being coordinators. What is wrong with that? Not everyone is CEO material, but some people make great COOs, CFOs, and CTOs. This feels like a media driven issue to me. Just because ESPN's First Take thinks Bieniemy should be a Head Coach doesn't mean he should be one.

In my opinion, every coordinator doesn't need to be a head coach some day. 

I made a HUGE mistake bringing up the issue of race. My apologies. I am going to lock this thread. If anyone wants to start a new one about the merits of OC's under Andy Reid for HC positions, then please do so.

Again, as a moderator who has asked for posters not to bring politics onboard, I really blew it.

My sincere apologies.

• Pixote locked this topic