Help

Pixote

Broke my back (T11&12) on May 11. Just released from rehab center to continue recovery at home. In too much pain to sit in this damn brace long enough to catch up on what I have missed in regards to recent developments of our Bears. Can you give me an update on what I've missed out on? Additions? Edge rusher? etc...

I need to get back in bed. Will check bacm tomorrow. Thanks.

Oh gosh Pix, that's awful. Best wishes for a fast recovery with as little pain as possible.

I'll leave the update to others who will probably be more complete than I could be, but I hope you heal well and fast.

That sucks, sorry for you pain and suffering.  Had a couple heart attacks in March and serious health issues can change everything we do.  Not sure I would trade with you.  Back problems just suck.  Hope things get better quickly.  

Putting up prayers for our extended Bears family here for Pix and Bill.   Hope both of you get well soon. 

Pix, about all we know from OTAs and minicamp is that for the first time in years our offense didn't look inept and we didn't get the usual "it's a work in progress" crap from the coaches and players.  That doesn't mean it's all perfect either but we are clearly entering training camp starting from a much higher platform than usual.   The defense still has the same question mark at DE but Poles hasn't moved or done anything desperate.  I'm starting to think he feels we just might have enough to get the job done.  Not great, just adequate enough that it's not worth giving up significant future draft capital to try to improve it.  

Get well soon fellas.  The offense should be greatly improved, with 5 upgraded starters and better depth at RB, OL, RB and TE.   The defense will have possibly 6 upgraded starters, depending on of the rookies show up in pads.  Dexter and Stevenson look to be absolute studs.

18 hours ago, Pixote said:

Broke my back (T11&12) on May 11. Just released from rehab center to continue recovery at home. In too much pain to sit in this damn brace long enough to catch up on what I have missed in regards to recent developments of our Bears. Can you give me an update on what I've missed out on? Additions? Edge rusher? etc...

Bad juju, it takes a long time to get back from back surgery. They wanted to operate on my back 20 years ago but I choose against it. Don't know if it was the right choice but but worked 15 more years. Got into yoga that helped a lot. When you get to a recovered state, try it . It helps. Good luck

22 hours ago, Pixote said:

Sorry to see this and get well soon.  Not much real news since the draft but you get beat writers trying to get clicks with either feel good stories or drama.  Once TC and pre-season starts, the Bears talk will intensify.

Screenshot_20230625_123030_One UI Home.jpg

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Sorry to see this and get well soon.  Not much real news since the draft but you get beat writers trying to get clicks with either feel good stories or drama.  Once TC and pre-season starts, the Bears talk will intensify.

yeah, I think you got most of the real news Pix. no DE yet, lots of stupid camp in shorts stories, but nothing real.

On 6/24/2023 at 2:08 PM, Pixote said:

Sorry to hear that, back injuries suck. 

Quick Summary:

1. Fields to Moore is gonna be a thing, they are building some great chemistry.

2. Rookies like Stevenson (CB) and Scott (WR) have looked good, Dexter is huge.

3. Gordon is playing in the slot exclusively and not bouncing around.

4. Whitehair has been solid at Center, will be a clear upgrade over Mustipher, especially with protection calls at the line.

5. Claypool has not participated yet due to some injuries, so there are still question marks there. 

6. Terrell Lewis (Edge) has really stood out without pads on.

My own notes:

RBs and LBs are gonna be team strengths.

Tonyan may be the best TE2 the Bears have ever had (pass catching-wise).

The last WR spot is going to be interesting. 

I still expect a few vet FA signings to round out the roster.

9 hours ago, adam said:

Sorry to hear that, back injuries suck. 

Quick Summary:

1. Fields to Moore is gonna be a thing, they are building some great chemistry.

2. Rookies like Stevenson (CB) and Scott (WR) have looked good, Dexter is huge.

3. Gordon is playing in the slot exclusively and not bouncing around.

4. Whitehair has been solid at Center, will be a clear upgrade over Mustipher, especially with protection calls at the line.

5. Claypool has not participated yet due to some injuries, so there are still question marks there. 

6. Terrell Lewis (Edge) has really stood out without pads on.

My own notes:

RBs and LBs are gonna be team strengths.

Tonyan may be the best TE2 the Bears have ever had (pass catching-wise).

The last WR spot is going to be interesting. 

I still expect a few vet FA signings to round out the roster.

Claypool only missed the last week + of workouts.  A couple OTAs and then minicamp, otherwise he was there.  

sexuality aside, I see ego. I see someone who is more obsessed with celebrity than with developing their game.

I understand why Poles did what he did at the time. It was a calculated gamble. He probably paid too much for it, but it was also probab;y his best option. We were needy and trying to do something for Fields, something to make evaluating Fields possible, and that has value beyond just adding a WR.

I will forgive Poles this mistake too. He has absolutely made up whatever draft capitol he overpaid by with this offseason.

If they need to cut the guy, so be it. He does not look like a Bear in any way to me. And it'll be a good object lesson for other players. We are here to work. We are here to improve.

You draw a lot from one photo of a guy who decided to do some modeling.  Maybe he was also in Paris to help Fields with his football camp?  Does this mean he's doing nothing to rehab?  I don't know how you draw that conclusion from this.  Mahomes is not doing rehab but he's also enjoying his time off before a 6mo block of work with few days off.   

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/26/patrick-mahomes-plays-camera-man-for-brittany-during-bikini-photo-shoot/

Its not just the photo. We are hearing rumors that Claypool isnt a hard worker, that he isnt really pushing himself, so then, when he shows up dressed like that, its natural that we think hes soft.

But youre right - not just from a picture.

My issue with Claypool is that he's not shown any signs of "wanting it".  That's the term we used to use to describe a guy as "all in".  From his heeding the advice of Ju Ju to have multiple irons in the fire, to not living up to his rookie year, to Ryan Clark and Brandon Marshall working with him in Steelers camp, at the behest of Tomlin, to Tomlin trading him, to the Bears and him not picking the playbook, to soft tissue injuries limiting his season and finally soft tissue injuries in camp to cross dressing during rehab.  At this point, it's walking like a duck, so it's a duck.  He doesn't love football.  Soft tissue injuries occur mainly due to improper conditioning.  Other factors do apply sometimes, but overuse can be ruled out.  He's already had his tough talk before he left the Steelers.  His "come to Jesus" talk may happen when he loses his job to someone like Pettis.

Little bits and pieces of information isnt enough to make a character decision on Claypool for me . I do know a selfish person would not had taken the time to go workout with Justin over the winter. He did that. He has never talked about wanting a big contract. I cant say either way how he will play this year by a soft tissue injury in June. He has a lot to prove his worth, but it will be determined on the field not in social media.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I do know a selfish person would not had taken the time to go workout with Justin over the winter.

Selfish has nothing to do with it.  He knows how it would look if he didn't go with the others.  With image being his primary focus, he wasn't go to blow that chance to be seen.  Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the kid because it makes the Bears better.  I'm also on high alert because of the smoke, all around him, and I don't want the team burnt.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Selfish has nothing to do with it.  He knows how it would look if he didn't go with the others.  With image being his primary focus, he wasn't go to blow that chance to be seen.  Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the kid because it makes the Bears better.  I'm also on high alert because of the smoke, all around him, and I don't want the team burnt.

exactly. no one would be happier than me (us) to see Claypool dominate. Then the story will be how he turned it around and overcame a bad start to build himself into a competitor.

But I also think if the bet was $1,000 will Claypool be the starting WR2 for the Bears in 2025, very few of us would be betting "yes" right now.

So in the context of him being soft in other areas, this picture plays a certain way and receives a certain response. Contrast it with how much I love Dennis Rodman, no matter what he wears. That guy is a competitor and his aggressively individualistic presentation just re-enforces his image as a star to me.

If Justin had been in that same picture, we'd say "that guy has it all, hes a baller and hes a model, go get it Justin!"

But in this pic, in context, Claypool just looks soft.