Week 4 Official Loser Bowl Game Thread - DEN @ CHI, +3.5, O/U 45.5, SUN, OCT 1st, 12pm, FOX

adam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 50england50 said:

Looking through a critical lens how do you think Fields has played today and has the play calling catered to his strengths. 

He has done everything asked of him to a T so far with a couple of nice passes and good decisions. About as good of a half of football that you can ask for.

1 minute ago, killakrzydav said:

Maybe it’s Denver’s secondary or maybe a light bulb came on upstairs. Idc. I’m glad to see Justin succeed

It's both, but it is also Getsy, the game plan is much better and innovative (minus the Kmet sneak).

to me, our WRs are open like its a college game, Denver is terrible, and Fields is still slow getting the ball out, but it's working because Denver is so bad.

Those throws to Moore where he is hit right away would be big gains if Moore got the ball a half a second earlier.

Every QB, when unmolested, looks great when WRs are running with no one around them. At that point it's just like playing Madden, and everyone's a superstar. Any QB in the league would have looked great today.

I know we are all hungry for a win, and so this won't be popular today, but it's the truth.

WOW, 4 TDs, 23-24, 285 yds, 4 TDs, but no longer a perfect passer rating lol, down to 155.7.  I don't know how that is possible. 

Honestly, this game could not be going any better on offense with 4 mins left in the 3rd quarter, Bears up to 28-7. 

11 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

to me, our WRs are open like its a college game, Denver is terrible, and Fields is still slow getting the ball out, but it's working because Denver is so bad.

Those throws to Moore where he is hit right away would be big gains if Moore got the ball a half a second earlier.

Every QB, when unmolested, looks great when WRs are running with no one around them. At that point it's just like playing Madden, and everyone's a superstar. Any QB in the league would have looked great today.

I know we are all hungry for a win, and so this won't be popular today, but it's the truth.

You have to give him credit when he deserves it, whether you like him or not.

6 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Like USC playing Colorado?  😜

Yes exactly. That's why its hard to project any college QB. That's why I said I'd like to see more tape of Williams under pressure. Of course neither of us has a crystal ball, but it's normal to have sports opinions like we both do.

So you're saying Justin and I'm saying Caleb, and in a couple years we will know who was right. I'm extremely comfortable with that bet. You say Caleb's amazing tape doesn't prove anything. I can't argue that too much, but I can say Fields' pro tape speaks for itself.

1 minute ago, adam said:

There it is, tie game, Getsy stupid play calling, the Edge is going unblocked at Fields back, while call that type of play, it has literally gotten Fields killed every game. 

Welp, this will be the measure to how well Justin does from here on out.  If he takes the team on his back and wins then yay…if he flounders…he may be done. 

• adam unpinned and unfeatured this topic