RB Coached fired..

OmahaBear

If I had to guess, the first "resignation" was actually forced, as a result of an ongoing investigation that cannot be revealed until resolved, and this second may be related to the DC's departure. I don't see how either Poles or Flus can be blamed for this. It's not like they hired their staff off the street. They were veteran coaches, well respected, who held positions with other teams before joining the Bears.

35 minutes ago, Pixote said:

If I had to guess, the first "resignation" was actually forced, as a result of an ongoing investigation that cannot be revealed until resolved, and this second may be related to the DC's departure. I don't see how either Poles or Flus can be blamed for this. It's not like they hired their staff off the street. They were veteran coaches, well respected, who held positions with other teams before joining the Bears.

When you work with other coaches, you don't necessarily know their personal side. Flus will speak later but I dont think they are aloud to speak to these  matters in detail. You would thing maybe him hitting on a employee, or something more lewd.  Flus recruited the coaches and Poles hired them. Chances are it was hidden behavior before that they didnt know about I doubt if it is something that just popped up. I think overall all of these are more prevalent because of their losing these past few years. 

I really think this is the off-season where we see the Bears go after Harbaugh hard and I think this is the year Harbaugh leaves for the NFL.  My question is - normally you wait until the end of the season - but is there a scenario where Michigan is out of National Title contention and in December Bears proactively make the move and hire him than.  

a strongly substantiated rumor says that the NFL will punish Harbaugh with a suspension for his behavior at Michigan. If so, why not serve that suspension at the end of this season and start fresh next? That's a scenario if they bring him in here.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I really think this is the off-season where we see the Bears go after Harbaugh hard and I think this is the year Harbaugh leaves for the NFL.  My question is - normally you wait until the end of the season - but is there a scenario where Michigan is out of National Title contention and in December Bears proactively make the move and hire him than.  

Yes if they are suspended for rules violations.  Why, in a thread about coaches behaving poorly,  are we recruiting a coach who has history of bad behavior and is currently under investigation?  

On 11/1/2023 at 1:47 PM, AZ54 said:

Yes if they are suspended for rules violations.  Why, in a thread about coaches behaving poorly,  are we recruiting a coach who has history of bad behavior and is currently under investigation?  

CRAZY Huh.. I might be in the minority, but I have no desire for Harbaugh to be our next coach. Don't particularly like the guy.  

Harbaugh is a psycho. He is waaay overly competitive. He wants to win more than anyone on this planet.

That's a good and bad thing. I can see arguments for having him here, and arguments for avoiding him too.

Surely there must be a tough SOB who will push this team to be a winner without being a total psycho? i dont know enough about the other candidates to know who that might be tho.

But I will also say that the Bears seem to be a PC HR driven corporate culture, and I wonder if any true personality who is a winner could succeed here?

44 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Harbaugh is a psycho. He is waaay overly competitive. He wants to win more than anyone on this planet.

That's a good and bad thing. I can see arguments for having him here, and arguments for avoiding him too.

Surely there must be a tough SOB who will push this team to be a winner without being a total psycho? i dont know enough about the other candidates to know who that might be tho.

But I will also say that the Bears seem to be a PC HR driven corporate culture, and I wonder if any true personality who is a winner could succeed here?

If he ends up being the choice Im good with it but want to other candidates and compare. I never even gave Campbell a thought when he went to Detroit, turned out good. 

20 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If he ends up being the choice Im good with it but want to other candidates and compare. I never even gave Campbell a thought when he went to Detroit, turned out good. 

Yeah, I dont even know what i think about him. Part of me loves him, part of me thinks he would eventually blow everything up.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Surely there must be a tough SOB who will push this team to be a winner without being a total psycho

When I think of coaches that fit this mold, I come up with names like Fangio, Marinelli and maybe even Belichick. It appears though that the "tough SOB" doesn't blend well with today's young athlete.  And the names I provided seem to struggle as the lead dog now-a-days.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

When I think of coaches that fit this mold, I come up with names like Fangio, Marinelli and maybe even Belichick. It appears though that the "tough SOB" doesn't blend well with today's young athlete.  And the names I provided seem to struggle as the lead dog now-a-days.  

I think you're right. Yuck.

14 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Cheating and stealing isn't the same thing geez man

in professional and in collegiate sports it is stealing.

PROFESSIONAL: like belly he cheated with the pats. he STOLE money right out of other players, coaches and franchise owners pockets. he replaced deserving teams a possible playoff birth including a superbowl. these are extra game paydays for each player and coach (possible bonus money). it also robs them of commercial endorsements which could be worth millions. so HIM and the entire organization profited by cheating. you can add to that the money lost by the effected franchise's home town during these playoff games and or superbowl appearance. it also would reach into the millions for lost revenue.

that is stealing in anybodies book.

COLLEGIATE: by whatever method he used to cheat and defraud college football he cost the school's he played against cash money through bowl game money and player acquisitions in the future. by winning games and bowls he enhanced the recruiting of future players to come to his school. the spotlight and recognition of other teams players in regards to possible draft status could have cost the players millions upon reaching the nfl draft.

that is stealing from your peers.