Week 12 Official Game Thread - CHI @ MIN, NOV 27th, 7:15PM, MNF (CHI -3.5 / O/U 45.5)

adam

I have to say, on top of all the other terrible things about his season, the one thing we all wanted was an answer to the question “Is Fields the guy?” and I think it’s pretty clear whatever your individual answer to that question is, we don’t have a definitive answer. And that’s on the coaches IMO. I fascinated to see what the Bears end up doing at QB at the end of the year and am convinced whatever they do will end up being wrong. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dawhizz said:

I have to say, on top of all the other terrible things about his season, the one thing we all wanted was an answer to the question “Is Fields the guy?” and I think it’s pretty clear whatever your individual answer to that question is, we don’t have a definitive answer. And that’s on the coaches IMO. I fascinated to see what the Bears end up doing at QB at the end of the year and am convinced whatever they do will end up being wrong. 

Evidently Poles talked to Flus about getting Sweat and his difference makers involved (after Sweat was barely on field for final drive vs Lions). I wouldn’t be shocked if Poles told Flus - let Fields loose following bye week. Let Fields rise or fail - but take the training wheels off. 

Flus has ensured he is getting a DC job after he is fired. Defense has really been trending in right direction. 

34 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I will fight you over this one brother.  Winning is always good.  It's a learned trait.

I'd be in the trenches with you.  We were on the road against a superior opponent, in front of a national audience and while it wasn't pretty, we won the dogfight.  That goes a long way for the confidence of every player on the team.   

I don't get as much time to write here as I used to for family reasons but tonight here we go...

Kudos to Eberflus for having this team ready to go.    Kudos to him for calling a great defensive game.  I know he's still learning on the job but the top trait I want in a HC is leadership and nothing shows that more than guiding a team through all the rough spots and performing well like they did tonight.  Plus his expertise on the defensive side of the ball is really showing.  Even the announcers begrudgingly gave him credit for having the top rush defense in the NFL, then quickly moved on.   TV idiots couldn't even put together a graphic for a short discussion on it.  So they obviously came prepared with all the Vikings and Josh Dobbs stuff queued up and couldn't use it because our D was suffocating them. 

Getsy...that 2nd half WR screen after WR screen showed he needs to go.  I kept thinking there's a big play coming on one of these with a fake but it never was to be.   For all those decrying the lack of quick slants the issue with that is the LBs/DBs routinely fake stack the LOS and then quickly drop off.  You could never rely on hitting a quick inside slant.   I'm no OC but I suspect you could work the WR stacks better to the outside on short routes than what we did, or find inside gaps behind the LBs as we seemed to do early on.   After seeing this D earlier in the season I was curious what he would dial up to counter it.  If this is your best counter punch it failed. 

Fields deserves a game ball simply for stumbling and then getting back up and leading the team to victory.  If you never had the sports monkey hanging on your back in the middle of a game (I have) then you may not realize how hard it is to do what he did after making those two big mistakes.  I think he was getting frustrated with all the WR screens and safe calls.  You know when coaches are reeling it in.   I'm still waiting to see the full season before making my QB decision.  

Danielle Hunter just auditioned for his next contract.  If he can finish the season healthy he'd look really good in a Bears uniform.  Focus on the 3-tech in the draft.  

Kyler Gordon is playing at a Pro Bowl level.  How many NBs can stuff a RB in the hole like he did?  Run a TE out of bounds short of the 1st down marker as he did?  And cover WRs?  It's not a coincidence the Bears D resurgence began when he returned to the field.   His injury had me worried because I love watching great defense.  

JJ had himself a day. 

Edmunds is finally starting to get it and head downhill on run downs.  Coverage was good too.  While the Vikings' ESPN announcers couldn't figure it out, Dobbs had to throw over him to get the ball into Addison on one play.  That high throw led to one INT when the receiver bobble the ball.    

Dexter is starting to become a beast.  I also thought Billings played well although he doesn't get much credit for the dirty work.  

Roschon is finally starting to feel the cutback lanes and hit them.  I think it was him who took on two blitzing players up the middle at once.  I have to find that highlight and IIRC he enabled Fields to complete a pass.  For awhile I was wondering why Roschon was getting so many snaps but I came to suspect he was likely there for better pass protection.   Yet I wanted Herbert running because he's so much better at finding the crease.  This will be some good film for the rookie to learn from.  

DJ Moore is simply awesome.  We have to pair him up with a good talent on the other side of the field to see his true potential.   Of course I'd love to see MHJr in that role next year.  Do you think the Vikings would keep playing a single high safety with Moore and MHJr on opposite sides?   

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

No it wasn't, PHX just wants Fields to look bad all the time so he can be the genius and prays for a new QB. I just want to see the season play out hope he does well. If not then I'll be all in on a new QB.

Its so weird that you think this is about my ego. Youre watching a really bad QB who cant move an offense and youre calling him great. Youre wrong - its idiotic. And then to think that I have some emotional issue hating Fields because I can see what a turd he is right before my eyes? And then youre so butthurt and silly trying to pick a fight.

Dude, youre humiliating yourself. Fields is everything Ive said he is. Anyone can see it.

You think he was a hero this game? LOL Im really just astonished at that.

It's the emperor's new clothes and youre fawning over the stitchwork - yikes.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Its so weird that you think this is about my ego. Youre watching a really bad QB who cant move an offense and youre calling him great. Youre wrong - its idiotic. And then to think that I have some emotional issue hating Fields because I can see what a turd he is right before my eyes? And then youre so butthurt and silly trying to pick a fight.

Dude, youre humiliating yourself. Fields is everything Ive said he is. Anyone can see it.

You're back to your delusional thinking again. I swear I said he played bad, but he gets credit for the game winning drive whether you like it or not. I have numerous times said he needs to prove his worth or I'm off his bandwagon. You only see what you want see. Other people have called you out on here about your negative attitude. Why don't you call out Mongo and AZ , nope, you just want to give me shit. I'm okay with that.

9 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Ok, Stinger and PHX, time to hug it out.  You both are great posters and know your stuff.  Time to recognize it from each other.  Let's get back making our Bears winners...🍻

we are all adults here, I only give crap when i get it. Im fine with PHX as long as he stays away from name callings. Having a difference of opinion makes life interesting. 

Past that now, Getsy needs to be fired over 13 horizonal screen passes. That's insane considering they werent working. 

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I respect you for your opinion, you are a true Bear Fan and wear your emotions on your sleeve. However, you really do need to respect other's opinions as well.

You say you see Justin as a 'turd' (so if we trade him we can only expect a roll of toilet paper in exchange? LOL ) You say we should all see what you are seeing.

I totally disagree with your assessment. The kid has Talent. Athleticism. Heart. What he doesn't have is a Offensive Coordinator who can utilize his talents. Who can design a game plan to allow him to shine. To allow "OUR" beloved Bears to be a top ten offense.

One more top shelf WR and more help for the OL, and we are going to kick ass (with the right man designing and calling the plays). The 2024 draft has some outstanding prospects for OL & WR.

By the end of the year I might feel differently, but for now I am not giving up on Fields.

PFF Grades

Top 5/Bottom 5

Offense:

Moore 82.2, Jones 76.5, Jenkins 75.9, Kmet 75.4, Davis 71.3
Whitehair 37.7, Mooney 45.9, St. Brown 47.0, Patrick 49.4, Tonyan 49.7

Defense: 

Johnson 92.7, Edwards 80.8, Sweat 79.7, Brisker 74.9, Walker 74.6
Gordon 30.0, Dexter 36.4, Jones 46.6, Billings 51.8, Jackson 55.0

4 hours ago, Pixote said:

I respect you for your opinion, you are a true Bear Fan and wear your emotions on your sleeve. However, you really do need to respect other's opinions as well.

That's not the problem. Anyone can disagree with me. I fully admit that I cannot prodict the future, I cannot say where Fields will be next week.

The problem is he's been putting all this snide personal stuff in his posts, and I let it slide for a good long time. Now Im just putting healthy boundaries.

If you go back youll see that many times I have gone out of my way to be nice to him, to agree with him where I can, Ive tried burying the hatchet with him more times than I can count.

If he truly thinks that I hate Fields just so i can be right, I dont see how that is disagreeing with respect.

Anyway, Im not here to fight. Anytime anyone wants to disagree with me in a normal way, it's fine by me. And if someone is acting childishly, we all have our limits of patience.

Either way, I am not looking to inflame anything, if that helps.

Just stay away from name calling and I have no problem with your opinions. Your last  fit erupted when I posted opinions of ex QBs that praised Fields play against Detroit. Trying to make the point, im not the only one that likes some of Fields play. It's okay to compliment someone when they do good , I say it when he plays bad and that doesn't mean I want him as the QB next year. If the season stopped now, im with you but we have 6 games left. I want to see if he can improve.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Your last  fit erupted

this is what Im talking about. Its constant. I suppose other members arent seeing it - its just that I finally pushed back.

I know sometimes the guy that pushes back gets the flag.

7 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

this is what Im talking about. Its constant. I suppose other members arent seeing it - its just that I finally pushed back.

I know sometimes the guy that pushes back gets the flag.

What do you call when someone starts name calling? No where did I bad mouth you until you started the bullcrap. Stop responding on my posts and ill quit responding to yours. If someone else posts something and I respond , stop thinking it's about you and everything will be fine. 

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

stop thinking it's about you and everything will be fine. 

another example. just stop already. people havent noticed what youve been doing. I put up with it, then I warned you, and then finally when I responded, people noticed.

This board is full of examples of you doing this AND of me trying to be kind to you and bury the hatchet. I could post numerous examples.

But I am a grown man, and I will have healthy boundaries.

So if you mean what you say, then just stop, and then youll notice that I have NO desire to fight here. In fact, you can find examples from the last couple days where i went out of my way to agree with you just to TRY to stop this.

But if you think I'm gonna slink away and be anyone's b*tch then you reeeeeally dont know me.

I assume we are all grown men here, and with that comes mutual respect. That's all I am asking for, and I will accept nothing less.

As I said before, its often the player that pushes back that gets the flag - I get that.