Week 17 Official Game Thread ATL @ CHI, SUN 12/31, 12PM, CBS, CHI -3 O/U 38

adam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Someome on the Score after show calls in complaining about Fields after he played well and won big. Can we waiy until tomorrow to get the dumb Fields tlak going again. There will be plenty of time after the season to get back on that bandwagon. 

If he averaged 268 passing and 45 yards rushing, he would have over 4,400 passing yards and 750 rushing yards, and over 5,000 total yards. The best part of the game was no turnovers, no INTs, no fumbles, and literally escaped two guaranteed sacks and got first downs. He did that in Chicago weather.

5 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Someome on the Score after show calls in complaining about Fields after he played well and won big. Can we waiy until tomorrow to get the dumb Fields tlak going again. There will be plenty of time after the season to get back on that bandwagon. 

its not a bandwagon - Fields did stuff today he just hasn't really done at all before. it certainly opened my eyes to what is possible with him.

I didnt think one game could change my mind, but he went from 0 to like 70% in one jump. Its such a small sample size, Im still reluctant, but if he does it again next week, although it wont be ideal or certain, I could see bringing him back next year, and skipping the rookie QB.

Anyone calling in today after this performance and complaining about him is silly. If that's a bandwagon, then yeah, those fools can ride it.

And it wasnt the big plays today, although they were great to see, or the amazing scrambles that have me thinking - he always did that stuff. It was the urgency in his footwork on his drops, looking off safeties and getting the ball out on time. Not as sexy as the big plays, but that's the stuff Ive been talking about as being lacking all along, and when I finally do see it, theres no reason to pretend I didnt!

Am I in camp keep Fields now? i dunno, but Im certainly open to it now. I cant believe one game could change my mind like that, but I didnt expect such a jump in everything so abruptly. And I surely saw it today.

11 minutes ago, adam said:

5-2 in last 7, only losses are to CLE and DET in those collapse losses.

“If only”… that game against Denver was another near miss.

To consider what this team’s overcome this season:

- early concerns about Nate Davis (distraction)

- Resignation of Alan Williams (huge distraction) 

- firing of the other staff member 

- starting the season 0-4 

- injury of Fields early mid-season.  

And then to do what you highlighted?  Pretty incredible for both Flus and Justin.  Hard to think all or most of the current team and staff won’t be back.  

43 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

“If only”… that game against Denver was another near miss.

To consider what this team’s overcome this season:

- early concerns about Nate Davis (distraction)

- Resignation of Alan Williams (huge distraction) 

- firing of the other staff member 

- starting the season 0-4 

- injury of Fields early mid-season.  

And then to do what you highlighted?  Pretty incredible for both Flus and Justin.  Hard to think all or most of the current team and staff won’t be back.  

A ton of injuries early on, most of the defense missed time to start the season. 

Going 2-2 with a UDFA in the middle of the season.

5 straight home wins.

Chance to split the division at 3-3 next week.

For this game, it's the most points ATL allowed all season, they only allowed 30+ once (31 pts to MIN). 

Herbert has the 2nd highest rushing total in Week 17, Moore has the 2nd highest receiving total in Week 17.

5 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Getsy deserves his credit too.  The offense was lacking Mooney, a 100% Kmet and even missing Foreman and had a great day.  

Wild to think after Moore, the receivers with the most receptions coming into this game were: Roschon - 31, Herbert - 16, Scott - 14, and Tonyan - 8. In total that is an average of 4 receptions per game for this group.  They had 11 receptions today. 

When they come out with studs and duds the 3 idiots on the Bears sideline who stepped aside to let DJ Moore run into a heater need to be the dud list.  How do you not put out an arm and assist the best WR the Bears have had in years slow down before he gets injured?  

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Adam does the consilation bracket winner  win any money?

Sorry about the championship game. I just had the best two weeks of my fantasy football career (lol) in back to back weeks. 225 pts last week and 222 this week in the championship with Cooper out was shocking. Even without Lamb's 50, I would have 172 pts which would still beat every other team this week. Very unexpected for me.

18 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

When they come out with studs and duds the 3 idiots on the Bears sideline who stepped aside to let DJ Moore run into a heater need to be the dud list.  How do you not put out an arm and assist the best WR the Bears have had in years slow down before he gets injured?  

Yeah I saw that, come on people, they need to brief the staff up to caught our players and the let the opponents run into that junk. Easy way to break your wrist.

39 minutes ago, adam said:

Sorry about the championship game. I just had the best two weeks of my fantasy football career (lol) in back to back weeks. 225 pts last week and 222 this week in the championship with Cooper out was shocking. Even without Lamb's 50, I would have 172 pts which would still beat every other team this week. Very unexpected for me.

Congrats Adam!  I just lucked out and won my money league with Kmet getting me nothing.

4 hours ago, adam said:

You have a better team, its ok to say that 447 points in 2 games is insane. 

Fox showed a stat late in the game yesterday , dont remember exactly, but was 12/13 with a clean pocket and 2/ 9 while under preesure. Just like most QBs in the league, he looks better when not under pressure. A lot of Fields weaknesses go away with clean pockets, since pressure up the middle is a key, when we change the center poition and figure out the RG spot, he will continuely look better as a pocket passer. I think we show shift Jenkins back to RG and bring someone in to compete with Davis for the LG spot. No matter who plays QB we have to clean the IOL up and any QB will look better. 

As much as Patrick is not very good at point of attack, he sure is a great cheerleader on the field. He is all over the  place when good things happen. On that short field goal Atl runback, him and Tonyan are the 2 players that got in the way of the returner when he fell down. He gets an A for effort . I think Poles may bring him back as the backup as he finds a new starter. He's quite the RaRa guy on the team.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Fox showed a stat late in the game yesterday , dont remember exactly, but was 12/13 with a clean pocket and 2/ 9 while under preesure. Just like most QBs in the league, he looks better when not under pressure. A lot of Fields weaknesses go away with clean pockets, since pressure up the middle is a key, when we change the center poition and figure out the RG spot, he will continuely look better as a pocket passer. I think we show shift Jenkins back to RG and bring someone in to compete with Davis for the LG spot. No matter who plays QB we have to clean the IOL up and any QB will look better. 

As much as Patrick is not very good at point of attack, he sure is a great cheerleader on the field. He is all over the  place when good things happen. On that short field goal Atl runback, him and Tonyan are the 2 players that got in the way of the returner when he fell down. He gets an A for effort . I think Poles may bring him back as the backup as he finds a new starter. He's quite the RaRa guy on the team.

I'm ok with keeping Patrick as backup.  If nothing else I think he'll be a great mentor to a rookie OC but he's serviceable as a backup.   That would be even more true if Davis can recapture how he played earlier in the season or we find a solid starter at RG.  Even when he's been on the sidelines Patrick was  always one of the first players to congratulate teammates on a big play.  Bagent is like that too.   

• adam unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I'm ok with keeping Patrick as backup.  If nothing else I think he'll be a great mentor to a rookie OC but he's serviceable as a backup.   That would be even more true if Davis can recapture how he played earlier in the season or we find a solid starter at RG.  Even when he's been on the sidelines Patrick was  always one of the first players to congratulate teammates on a big play.  Bagent is like that too.   

Davis has a history of being nasty and better than average but I think his mom dying affected his preparation for the season and hasn't played up to his contract. Next year he can be back to normal and kick butt.