The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

6 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Dang for a special teamer backup, he's a good depth player.  Had 84 tackles for GB last year and 125 the year before with Houston

To compare;  Brisker had 105 and 104 the last two seasons and Byard 75 and 47

maybe he';s better than I thought and is a true depth piece. Thanks for this info.

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

FWIW my wife and younger daughter will have more reason to watch Bears football now.  Maybe we'll have our own version of Swifty football?  

ah you beat me to it. I posted it and then scrolled down and saw you said it first LOL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

ah you beat me to it. I posted it and then scrolled down and saw you said it first LOL

Yeah its funny, while visiting the islands the last week and a half, my daughter and her friend heard that Biles was also on the islands (they didn't know which one) but were insistent on finding her.  I told them (at the time) that she was married to a Packers fan, so I was less inclined to help.  If only it had been a week later....we might've had tried to get a selfie.  For me and them.  LOL.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah its funny, while visiting the islands the last week and a half, my daughter and her friend heard that Biles was also on the islands (they didn't know which one) but were insistent on finding her.  I told them (at the time) that she was married to a Packers fan, so I was less inclined to help.  If only it had been a week later....we might've had tried to get a selfie.  For me and them.  LOL.

lol

Yeah, the Ridley deal helps the Bears at #9 immensely. Like you guys said, both TEN and ATL are not drafting a WR. They may trade out for a team looking for a QB.

3 QBs, MHJ, and Alt gone in top 5. Then we have NYG, TEN, and ATL. One of Odunze or Nabers should be there at 9. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Yeah, the Ridley deal helps the Bears at #9 immensely. Like you guys said, both TEN and ATL are not drafting a WR. They may trade out for a team looking for a QB.

3 QBs, MHJ, and Alt gone in top 5. Then we have NYG, TEN, and ATL. One of Odunze or Nabers should be there at 9. 

amazing. this is all working out so well

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

amazing. this is all working out so well

It's pretty wild actually. For ATL or TEN to get another WR would be overkill. So they will likely trade down or take OL or defense.

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

You probably should consider bowers at five over alt based on what I’m reading

No way the value of aTE over the best LT prospect.   If you really want a TE with that pick you try to trade down a bit and let someone else grab the OT.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

No way the value of aTE over the best LT prospect.   If you really want a TE with that pick you try to trade down a bit and let someone else grab the OT.  

Bowers is supposed to be special, they compare him to Kittle. Alt is compared to Trent Williams. Who contributes more to team ? OT takes every snap , elite TEs catch 80 catches.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Bowers is supposed to be special, they compare him to Kittle. Alt is compared to Trent Williams. Who contributes more to team ? OT takes every snap , elite TEs catch 80 catches.

Kittle has a little crazy in him. Bowers seems a little more passive. I think he will be more Hunter Henry than George Kittle.

Just now, Stinger226 said:

Minnesota just traded with Houston to acquire their first round pick. They now have. 11-23 In the first round. Their next pick is third round. I wonder who they want to trade with?

Haha - we posted this at the same time.  I am thrown off - I can't think of many times where a team makes a deal like this a month+ before the draft.  Clearly Vikings are getting another 1st round pick for something, the question is what?  Watch them acquire Herbert for 2 1st rounders and Justin Jefferson.  

• adam unfeatured this topic