The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

46 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I totally agree. I'm sure to your point that these guys get more data points than they need. On one hand you might uncover hidden problems, but on the other hand you may become overwhelmed with data and get swayed by something that isnt going to have any real impact.

Im sure all the scouts are very close to all the small details, and Poles has to have the large view and put it all into context. he seems to have made a lot of wise moves, and it looks like it's starting to pay off too!

Also, the character and personality part is hard to determine just by watching tape. So the "personal" scouting piece seems to be equally important.

Looking at all the draft picks, all of them love football, are great teammates, and work hard at their craft. Williams is always doing something.  You see Odunze doing the 3-cone drill over and over long after everyone left. Booker is at the Senior Bowl working on stuff on the sidelines long after others have left. That dedication is infectious.

Kiran is on another level growing up and still being a Bears fan. His tweets are hilarious. He seems like a guy that will do whatever he can to help this franchise win. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, adam said:

Also, the character and personality part is hard to determine just by watching tape. So the "personal" scouting piece seems to be equally important.

Looking at all the draft picks, all of them love football, are great teammates, and work hard at their craft. Williams is always doing something.  You see Odunze doing the 3-cone drill over and over long after everyone left. Booker is at the Senior Bowl working on stuff on the sidelines long after others have left. That dedication is infectious.

Kiran is on another level growing up and still being a Bears fan. His tweets are hilarious. He seems like a guy that will do whatever he can to help this franchise win. 

They truly are building a culture, while seemingly not losing out on any talent doing it.

I've been traveling so dont know if someone mentioned it but Poles was getting nervous with Rome getting picked was going to try to move up to get him. Ian told him to be patient and we got him. He clearly liked Rome because of his character. Poles envisions Caleb and Rome leading the offense and Brisker and Sweat leading the defense with their leadership and work ethic. We have several other leaders on this team that could make this a special team.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I've been traveling so dont know if someone mentioned it but Poles was getting nervous with Rome getting picked was going to try to move up to get him. Ian told him to be patient and we got him. He clearly liked Rome because of his character. Poles envisions Caleb and Rome leading the offense and Brisker and Sweat leading the defense with their leadership and work ethic. We have several other leaders on this team that could make this a special team.

Yeah, this is going to be a fun offseason of OTAs and minicamps. I am sure they will be at max capacity every day it is open to the public just to see Tory Taylor live.

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

The bears are coming to AZ.   I’ll be at the game.  I’ll bet we’ll have a huge Bears crowd again.  

It will be an away home game for the Bears. 

4 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Wait till we beat the Packers for the first time.

seriously.

There's a joke. I dunno if i've told it on here before, but it goes like this:

The other day I was at my friends house. He's a Packers fan and we were watching the Bears Packers game together. The Packers won and all of a sudden his dog starts doing these amazing acrobatics and back flips.

And I say "wow! look at your dog doing all those back flips - what's that about?"

and my friend says "well every time the Packers beat the Bears, my dog does all these flips and acrobatics"

so I asked "what does he do when the Bears win?"

And my friend said "I dunno, I've only had him for 10 years"

We need revenge.

36 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

seriously.

There's a joke. I dunno if i've told it on here before, but it goes like this:

The other day I was at my friends house. He's a Packers fan and we were watching the Bears Packers game together. The Packers won and all of a sudden his dog starts doing these amazing acrobatics and back flips.

And I say "wow! look at your dog doing all those back flips - what's that about?"

and my friend says "well every time the Packers beat the Bears, my dog does all these flips and acrobatics"

so I asked "what does he do when the Bears win?"

And my friend said "I dunno, I've only had him for 10 years"

We need revenge.

a sad  joke

10 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

a sad  joke

it kills me.

and the worst is that someone would pipe up and say "thats not true! we beat them twice in the last ten years!"

Which is almost worse LOL

Since 2009, which is 15 years ago, we have beaten the Packers four times. Our record vs them over those 15 years is an astonishing 4 - 22, or a 15% winning rate.

Our SHORTEST losing streak in that time was 4 in a row.

I cant wait for all the payback.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

it kills me.

and the worst is that someone would pipe up and say "thats not true! we beat them twice in the last ten years!"

Which is almost worse LOL

Since 2009, which is 15 years ago, we have beaten the Packers four times. Our record vs them over those 15 years is an astonishing 4 - 22, or a 15% winning rate.

Our SHORTEST losing streak in that time was 4 in a row.

I cant wait for all the payback.

Every season is like a new hand of poker. GB has had a good run but that is ending this year. Also, the hand 5 years ago has nothing to do with this hand, it just makes for good conversation. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Every season is like a new hand of poker. GB has had a good run but that is ending this year. Also, the hand 5 years ago has nothing to do with this hand, it just makes for good conversation. 

oh yeah, Im not predicting anything about this team based on the past - just that it's time for payback, and it's been an awful road to get here.

7 minutes ago, adam said:

I did not see Flus or Poles, but they may have been there. 

I hope he wasn't. I love the idea of players hanging out and enjoying an evening together. Bonding. On and off the field. So important. I want it to be something they themselves organized without management being involved.

13 hours ago, Pixote said:

I hope he wasn't. I love the idea of players hanging out and enjoying an evening together. Bonding. On and off the field. So important. I want it to be something they themselves organized without management being involved.

Yeah, it seemed like a player bonding experience, and from the looks of it, they are bonding really well. I liked that there were WRs, RBs, TEs, and OL there with Williams. Not just starters too, guys like Roschon and Carter, which is cool to see. 

I'm a little bit concerned that we keep hearing a lot about Caleb and Keenan Allen, and Rome Odunze, but not a lot is said about DJ Moore. Allen will probably only be on the team for a year or two, so eventually Moore is going to be very important to this team.

I assume that Williams is savvy enough to keep DJ feeling love, but I'd like to hear Williams mention him in interviews the way he does the other two, and in the press in general. I sure hope DJ doesnt get disgruntled.

Im sure in the end if he gets his targets he will be happy, but right now I just keep noticing he isnt as much of a part of the conversation.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I'm a little bit concerned that we keep hearing a lot about Caleb and Keenan Allen, and Rome Odunze, but not a lot is said about DJ Moore. Allen will probably only be on the team for a year or two, so eventually Moore is going to be very important to this team.

I assume that Williams is savvy enough to keep DJ feeling love, but I'd like to hear Williams mention him in interviews the way he does the other two, and in the press in general. I sure hope DJ doesnt get disgruntled.

Im sure in the end if he gets his targets he will be happy, but right now I just keep noticing he isnt as much of a part of the conversation.

DJ was at the Cubs game with him, Odunze wasnt'. DJ also lives in the area and has a family. I think it is much to do about nothing. DJ has had some of the worst QB situations since being drafted, and now he finally has a real QB. I don't think him not being everywhere Caleb is at is an issue. Keenan is also new to the area, so he clearly is taking advantage of the new fans and area.

1 hour ago, adam said:

DJ was at the Cubs game with him, Odunze wasnt'. DJ also lives in the area and has a family. I think it is much to do about nothing. DJ has had some of the worst QB situations since being drafted, and now he finally has a real QB. I don't think him not being everywhere Caleb is at is an issue. Keenan is also new to the area, so he clearly is taking advantage of the new fans and area.

DJ also has two kids, one less than a year old, the other a three year old. I'm sure he needs time to spend with them before veterans report.

4 hours ago, adam said:

3 hours ago, Pixote said:

DJ also has two kids, one less than a year old, the other a three year old. I'm sure he needs time to spend with them before veterans report.

all good points. I know DJ is invited to everything, my point has been more about interviews and such. I just hope everyone is feeling the love is all.

This guy is something else. I know you don't win press conferences, but man, his responses are literally night and day compared to Fields, Trubisky, Cutler. It is honestly refreshing.