Press Conference

DABEARSDABOMB

5 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Makes sense for active roster on game day Whitehair has more position versatility and can backup all 3 interior spots.  Maybe Carter was active too in that last game and didn't get the nod?  Nah, just found it, he was inactive.   

I like the idea of getting a good OG prospect in the pipeline in this draft and I like Zak  Zinter out of Mich.  He had a badly broken leg late in the season, both tibia and fibula so his recovery is going to take a full year.  Teams that need help this season will have to go elsewhere in the draft so he will drop.  If the long term prognosis is good then we have insurance with Davis to hold down the fort until he's ready, even if that means a full season on IR.  But we could have a stud at RG in 2025.   If we get a comp pick #100 for Ian Cunningham leaving, then Zinter is my target there.  

Bears inactives

• WR Darnell Mooney
  • RB D'Onta Foreman
  • DB Greg Stroman Jr.
  • OL Ja'Tyre Carter
  • QB Tyson Bagent
  • DB Quindell Johnson
  • DB Jaylon Johnson

I know nothing about this guy, Zak Zinter, but if he had a serious injury that may require him to miss the entire 2024 NFL season, wouldn't he be at best a late day 3 pick or an UDFA? Seriously, educate me, I know nothing about him.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Makes sense for active roster on game day Whitehair has more position versatility and can backup all 3 interior spots.  Maybe Carter was active too in that last game and didn't get the nod?  Nah, just found it, he was inactive.   

I like the idea of getting a good OG prospect in the pipeline in this draft and I like Zak  Zinter out of Mich.  He had a badly broken leg late in the season, both tibia and fibula so his recovery is going to take a full year.  Teams that need help this season will have to go elsewhere in the draft so he will drop.  If the long term prognosis is good then we have insurance with Davis to hold down the fort until he's ready, even if that means a full season on IR.  But we could have a stud at RG in 2025.   If we get a comp pick #100 for Ian Cunningham leaving, then Zinter is my target there.  

Bears inactives

• WR Darnell Mooney
  • RB D'Onta Foreman
  • DB Greg Stroman Jr.
  • OL Ja'Tyre Carter
  • QB Tyson Bagent
  • DB Quindell Johnson
  • DB Jaylon Johnson

Not sure how accurate it is but several simulators have Zinter ranked low which seems  normal with injury recovery figured in. We need a starting OC and another OG and OT to compete and keep building depth.

10 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I know nothing about this guy, Zak Zinter, but if he had a serious injury that may require him to miss the entire 2024 NFL season, wouldn't he be at best a late day 3 pick or an UDFA? Seriously, educate me, I know nothing about him.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

It bugs me that Harbaugh is interested in going to NFL and Bears didn’t roll up the brinx trick for him. 

or even try.

"Eberflus is not only worth keeping, he is the best option out there"

really.

Poles hired Flus, why would he abandon him after  2 years of a 4 year plan? Poles knows he was going to lose a few years before his rebuild starts showing results. Poles created the situation for Flus to not be successful. If owners expected GMs and coaches to be expected to win in two years, they would only give them 2 year contracts. He sees progress and a team that loves their coach. When Sweat got here he made light of that saying it wasn't like that in Washington. Everyone wants to compare coaches to be best case comparisons. Reality is it's a struggle to win in the NFL.

Is Blelichick or Harbaugh better choices? Of course they are, but their not coming here. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Poles hired Flus, why would he abandon him after  2 years of a 4 year plan? Poles knows he was going to lose a few years before his rebuild starts showing results. Poles created the situation for Flus to not be successful. If owners expected GMs and coaches to be expected to win in two years, they would only give them 2 year contracts. He sees progress and a team that loves their coach. When Sweat got here he made light of that saying it wasn't like that in Washington. Everyone wants to compare coaches to be best case comparisons. Reality is it's a struggle to win in the NFL.

Is Blelichick or Harbaugh better choices? Of course they are, but they’re not coming here. 

Because better options are out there. I guess I go back to - poles made a choice. He also traded for Claypool and thankfully he said this isn’t working and adjusted his plan. With Flus, if a major upgrade is there - you go get it. That is how you build greatness. 

If you hire a coach on a four year plan, and they make a ton of unforced errors, you fire them before the plan is over.

If the coach was making good choices, but losing because the roster wasnt there, thats one thing, but when they are making bad choices on their own, there is no reason to keep them.

If Im at a restaurant, and the appetizers are massively undercooked, and the entree is completely undercooked - I dont need to order dessert to know the meal sucked.

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

If you hire a coach on a four year plan, and they make a ton of unforced errors, you fire them before the plan is over.

If the coach was making good choices, but losing because the roster wasnt there, thats one thing, but when they are making bad choices on their own, there is no reason to keep them.

If Im at a restaurant, and the appetizers are massively undercooked, and the entree is completely undercooked - I dont need to order dessert to know the meal sucked.

Amen. Flus made too many bonehead coaching errors throughout his second season to be patted on the back for "stability".

3 hours ago, ChileBear said:

Amen. Flus made too many bonehead coaching errors throughout his second season to be patted on the back for "stability".

Exactly!  Does the man who sets fire to the building get credit for being the one that puts the fire out?

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Right?!  It's the Kenny Rogers...know when to hold em, know when to fold em.  This is time to fold.  Is there one team of the other 31 that would hire fLose today as HC if we were to sever ties? 

I think he had a four year deal, and the Bears are only ever willing to eat one year of salary. We kept Nagy too long, we are keeping Eberflus too long etc.

And it's DUMB because youve got a quarter billion dollars of players money on the field EVERY year, and if you eat an extra year of Eberflus, its nothing comparatively, but if you WIN with a better coach youll sell shirts and your franchise value will go up.

With Harbaugh out there sniffing around, and some other big names available, to not even consider them is just malpractice.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Apparently Poles likes his food under cooked.