Which Rookie QB should we draft to replace Fields?

BearFan PHX

2 hours ago, Daventry said:

Funny you say that when you use the same argument to advocate for Fields.  Your arguments are outright ridiculous.  

I reported something I read, none of that has anything to do with my opinion. Same as with Justin, I didn't author anything, I share stories.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Daventry said:

My point was, the genius called Stinger, defying logic and plowing on with constant idiocy, would dismiss that positive trait of CW and use his vast skills to reverse logic again and make a positive a negative.

I can see by your posts, you're quit the original thinker. Hack yack yack

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I reported something I read, none of that has anything to do with my opinion. Same as with Justin, I didn't author anything, I share stories.

Sure you did, just happens to fit your agenda perfectly.  Try again.

2 minutes ago, Daventry said:

Sure you did, just happens to fit your agenda perfectly.  Try again.

Obviously I lean one way, but have said many times, I would be all in on Williams or whoever Poles decides to take. If you've going to be critically of someone, you should pay attention more, but of course that doesn't fit your narrative.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

the big question is, is it Caleb, Maye, or maybe a darkhorse like Rattler at #9

Rattler?  He's projected to go in the third round.  However, the dude has talent.  Quick release, accurate and can sling it.  They say he needs to mature a little more, but last year was a good sign in that area.

Learn to spell and compose sentences.  I would ask admin to note this progression 

I'm on my tablet in Cabo right now and my tablet keeps changing words and I'm tired of going back and changing it. You can write  to Samsung directly and complain that it bothers you. ' I'm sure they respect people with your intelligence giving them feedback.

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Obviously I lean one way, but have said many times, I would be all in on Williams or whoever Poles decides to take. If you've going to be critically of someone, you should pay attention more, but of course that doesn't fit your narrative.

Again, compose and spell.  I pay attention, pay attention to yourself.

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm on my tablet in Cabo right now and my tablet keeps changing words and I'm tired of going back and changing it. You can write  to Samsung directly and complain that it bothers you. ' I'm sure they respect people with your intelligence giving them feedback.

Keep writing, you make yourself clearer all the time 

Just now, Daventry said:

Again, compose and spell.  I pay attention, pay attention to yourself.

I think you have this forum confused with the English language forum where they talk about spelling all day . Now that I know that bothers you. This forum talks about football, stay focused.

Just now, Stinger226 said:

I think you have this forum confused with the English language forum where they talk about spelling all day . Now that I know that bothers you. This forum talks about football, stay focused.

Yawn, admin?  You won’t bother me, you are only showing your true self 

13 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Rattler?  He's projected to go in the third round.  However, the dude has talent.  Quick release, accurate and can sling it.  They say he needs to mature a little more, but last year was a good sign in that area.

yeah Im just pulling his name outta the air as an example of a dark horse. Im saying if our staff identifies someone other than Williams or Maye as the steal of the draft, and it'd have to be someone more out there than Daniels, because I was saying they could potentially get them at pick #9?

But yeah, Rattler's on my list of guys i dont know anything about but want to research more. Same with Milton.

Before you say pick #9 is too early, we absolutely have to get a rookie QB that can realistically become a franchise QB for us. Whether that's Nix, or Penix, or McCarthy - if one of these second tier guys is uncovered by our scouts as the hidden gem, but is projected to go in the 3rd round, I think we CANT miss on him if weve already gone another way with pick #1, and if you go all that way, sitting on an island without Justin, without Williams, Maye and Daniels, and only one of the guys is your secret gem, and the rest are considered 2nd and 3rd tier, you gotta take him, even if most think it's "Early" - so you gotta take him on the value you see him as, not plkay chicken too much with the value others see him as, becasue you never know if one other team is seeing it the way you are too and snags him.

Then you've got Eberflus playing QB. :)

6 minutes ago, Daventry said:

What are your stats?

Since  you entered the picture, it's going down fast. I think I've posted over 11,000 posts but thank God there's not many like you  that would rather deal in bullshit instead of content.

26 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

So his narrative is that he doesnt pay attention? Despite the poor grammar, which I dont care about, what did this MEAN?

Or are you saying his narrative is to paint you as only having one point of view?

Either way it's confusing, because his narrative is obviously not to keep Justin, not to make you look like you want to keep Justin, which incidentally you do, so I really don't get it.

What doesn't fit his narrative, and mine too, is WHY you want to keep Justin. 10,000 words written, but the only reason you ever give is "I think he's going to get better" and i keep asking you why. What do you see in Justin that makes you think he is going to get better at pulling the trigger on open guys across the middle in rhythm? What makes you think that? I'm really asking. Is it just a gut feeling, or do you have any reasons?

Anyway it seems silly to me, but everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they cant explain why they have them.

I think another point here is when people point out the illogic of some of your arguments, it quickly becomes so personal. We have to understand the difference between "the thing you just said is really dumb" and "I hate you and I think youre a poo poo head" When you make an argument, you birth it into the world and people will take shots at it. At that point the idea has to be able to stand for itself, or it is defeated. This is how debate, and science and the legal system works.

But we cant be helicopter parents for arguments we make and become personally offended when someone beats the crap out of a bad argument we make. It's best to see where the argument got beaten, and see if you can either tighten it up so it will survive the complaints and remake it, now fixed from that critique, or change your own mind that it isn't a very good argument.

There are 100 valid logical arguments for keeping Fields or whatever, and a million bad ones. If you make a bad one and it gets destroyed, that doesnt mean that keeping Fields (or whatever) is wrong or disproved, it just means that argument for it is defeated.

But if it gets personal, it can be a real problem. When someone is attacking arguments and getting personal responses, it can add up over years until it's too much.

And if you just make bad arguments all the time, it's probably frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Since  you entered the picture, it's going down fast. I think I've posted over 11,000 posts but thank God there's not many like you  that would rather deal in bullshit instead of content.

Pay attention to others views.  You have had others that were very fatigued with you.  Wake up 

4 hours ago, Daventry said:

Funny you say that when you use the same argument to advocate for Fields.  Your arguments are outright ridiculous.  

There have been pro/con discussions  about players' (teammates and past QBs) views of Fields.  The question comes up how often do other players say something negative about another player and use their actual name?  Most times they say nothing at all or are considered an "anonymous source".  I think here was a comparison of that type of discussion.  Almost tongue in cheek(?)  Fair question in my mind.  

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

There have been pro/con discussions  about players' (teammates and past QBs) views of Fields.  The question comes up how often do other players say something negative about another player and use their actual name?  Most times they say nothing at all or are considered an "anonymous source".  I think here was a comparison of that type of discussion.  Almost tongue in cheek(?)  Fair question in my mind.  

It becomes monotonous to me when the same views keep being repeated with various excuses for why they are being expressed again.  It’s not new information.  It’s extrapolation of information in a form that serves the purpose of the author.  I am very aware of the views of most here around what should be done with Fields and the #1 draft pick.  If you are reaching to find a ridiculously obvious factoid to further your argument, I am going to call it out.  If I am attacked, I will respond.

41 minutes ago, Daventry said:

Pay attention to others views.  You have had others that were very fatigued with you.  Wake up 

Voicing opinions is not a popularity contest. I post a lot because I'm retired and can. Here's the key, stop reading my posts if they bother you.

It becomes monotonous to me when the same views keep being repeated with various excuses for why they are being expressed again.  It’s not new information.  It’s extrapolation of information in a form that serves the purpose of the author.  I am very aware of the views of most here around what should be done with Fields and the #1 draft pick.  If you are reaching to find a ridiculously obvious factoid to further your argument, I am going to call it out.  If I am attacked, I will respond.

Did I get this wrong? You attacked me. I just responded. 

1 minute ago, Daventry said:

What your're saying cuts both ways.  Those of us on the Fields train get it that others don't want him...just like those you seeking satisfaction elsewhere want to focus on who will be the next "great thing?"  It feeds into the narrative of "BearsTalk" and what we're all here for.

Personal feelings are better served elsewhere.  I think it better we keep the conversation to the Bears, football, Chicago (in general) and/or types of whiskey. I find messaging people directly can sort out the other stuff.  

This coming from an 'instigator' of course.  😈

5 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Voicing opinions is not a popularity contest. I post a lot because I'm retired and can. Here's the key, stop reading my posts if they bother you.

Repeat the same views with different words.  I will see if there is a block option on this site.  Thank you for that suggestion, very helpful 

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What your're saying cuts both ways.  Those of us on the Fields train get it that others don't want him...just like those you seeking satisfaction elsewhere want to focus on who will be the next "great thing?"  It feeds into the narrative of "BearsTalk" and what we're all here for.

Personal feelings are better served elsewhere.  I think it better we keep the conversation to the Bears, football, Chicago (in general) and/or types of whiskey. I find messaging people directly can sort out the other stuff.  

This coming from an 'instigator' of course.  😈

Yes, I agree.  Check my post numbers.  When most post, there are new or different views, stats, or some kind of meaningful content.  From some areas, there is silly reaching of views in an effort to continue the hammering of a certain view.  It became tiresome and I commented.  To be clear, I am not here to troll.  Nor am I here to gain colourful participation badges.  I enjoy reading informed and passionate fan views from real Bears fans.  Some here are from my hometown.  I have said very little for years but some recent posts have annoyed me.  I have said so.  My argument is reasonable and I have not been abusive.