Hester, Peppers & Mongo to Hall of Fame

Stinger226

• DABEARSDABOMB changed the title to Hester, Peppers & Mongo to Hall of Fame

Does anyone have info on how Mongo is doing, health-wise? 

Last I heard, he had been admitted to a hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia. That was last August.

Last I saw a photo of him, it was painful to see how he had progressed with ALS.

I pray he will be able to view, if not attend in person or remotely, the HOF induction.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Last I heard, he had been admitted to a hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia. That was last August.

Last I saw a photo of him, it was painful to see how he had progressed with ALS.

I pray he will be able to view, if not attend in person or remotely, the HOF induction.

He's bad.  I don't think he'll make to August.  He's down to one lung and only move his eyes.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Sadly I think (our) Mongo is right. From what i read he’s been back home since early August where Jarrett Payton was seen visiting with him (below).  McMichael’s wife Misty said she hopes he lives long for the ceremony but has already been working on his speech. And has managed so far to say “Thank you Chicago.”  

IMG_6513.jpeg

What a year for the Bears. I am happy McMichael lived to know he made it.  It will be a blessing if he can watch Jarrett induct him. 

Then to see the windy city flyer get the nod for his electrifying returns.  I will never forget shaking Hesters hand in Bourbonnais at the Brickstone restaurant his rookie TC and telling him that wearing 23 means you have some big shoes to fill.  He smiled and said he will try.

It's truly heartbreaking to see how McMicheal has deteriorated from this horrible disease of ALS.  Once larger than life, now barely living.  He deserved this honor for a long time for the impact he had on the game!  That makes me angry for him that only now when he's not got long left to live does he finally get in to the HOF.  This will always to me be a too little, too late recognition.  

Props to Hester, what he did will likely never be repeated, especially as they continue to neuter the return game.  He was electric, and made it look effortless.  Teams literally tried to adjust their kicking game to avoid kicking it to him.  He was a one man momentum swing.  Who knows how much higher that record could have been had we not had the "make Hester our #1 WR" experiment.  

Apparently Mongo went to the emergency room a few hours ago with suspected pneumonia.

I hope he is ok, Id love to see him make it to the Hall of Fame induction this summer.

Life is short, enjoy your families and loved ones as much as possible.