Odds of what team gets Fields

Stinger226

7 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I will co-sign on all of this...mostly.  The one part that I'm not as sure of IF Justin were to stay and IF he were to FALL ON HIS SWORD and fail while doing so, someone out there will think they can use him in some capacity (as a backup). Whether it be Sean Payton as a backup to whomever they draft and deploy him as a Taysom Hill type player (like when in NO) or Jim Harbaugh using him like his brother's QB in Baltimore, some coach will think they can salvage him.  Heck Buffalo liked Trubisky so much they brought him back for a second tour.  

Meanwhile your idea has a lot of good stuff in it for sure. One of which is the locker room.  I have a strong suspicion a fair number of the players are in Justin's corner.  If he were to return as you suggested and not be able to beat out whatever QB they draft, most everyone would realize it and be better with the move.  Whereas if they wholesale release/trade Justin to another team and IF whomever they draft fails instead, not only would you have a mutiny you'd have a whole new reset soon thereafter (2025?) and back to square one we go.

I had that hybrid thought as well, but didn't want to cloud the message.  If he can catch in traffic, I would definitely explore the Taysom Hill role.  I honestly believe what you stated though, that someone will try him as a starting QB, thinking they can fix him.  I believe he will to prove as broken before he will give up the QB1 dream.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I had that hybrid thought as well, but didn't want to cloud the message.  If he can catch in traffic, I would definitely explore the Taysom Hill role.  I honestly believe what you stated though, that someone will try him as a starting QB, thinking they can fix him.  I believe he will to prove as broken before he will give up the QB1 dream.

I have proof he's not being traded. Im not saying they are or are not   drafting a QB but if this is true, why haven't you heard from Justin? Poles said he was going to be transparent and do right by Justin, That means Justin  knows. So why isn't he voicing his sadness of leaving. Talking about where he would like to go? Saying goodbye to Chicago? If he's leaving, he owes nothing to the bears about keeping this quiet.

He's been told he's not being traded.. That's why you haven't heard from him.

40 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I have proof he's not being traded. Im not saying they are or are not   drafting a QB but if this is true, why haven't you heard from Justin? Poles said he was going to be transparent and do right by Justin, That means Justin  knows. So why isn't he voicing his sadness of leaving. Talking about where he would like to go? Saying goodbye to Chicago? If he's leaving, he owes nothing to the bears about keeping this quiet.

Lol, put the weed away Stinger!  Fields knows nothing yet.  You yourself have said, at least 748 times, that we don't know what Poles is going to do.  I'd also lay money that he (Poles) doesn't either.

19 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Or maybe Justin has no idea what Poles will ultimately decide to do and is, therefore, on vacation, which he said was his plan while things settled, and has nothing to tell reporters.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Or maybe Justin has no idea what Poles will ultimately decide to do and is, therefore, on vacation, which he said was his plan while things settled, and has nothing to tell reporters.

Hey, you made it look like I was the moron that said that...🤪

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Lol, put the weed away Stinger!  Fields knows nothing yet.  You yourself have said, at least 748 times, that we don't know what Poles is going to do.  I'd also lay money that he (Poles) doesn't either.

That's the whole point. The media claims Justin is being traded, a done deal.  You just answered the question. Because the Bears haven't decided yet. Justin would have been told if he was.

33 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Hey, you made it look like I was the moron that said that...🤪

lol - what Stinger said is just crazy. And that is the right word for it.

Because Poles said he would try to get Fields traded quickly means that he isn't trading him.

It's all a BIG smokescreen. Justin has actually known how to read defenses for 3 years, but they are just pretending he's bad so that the league will be surprised. Poles and Fields have both known all along that Fields is the man, and it's the biggest psy-op ever. No one can quite figure out what the advantage of it is, but BOY will people be surprised.

And ya know what? When Fields is traded for a 5th round pick, or cut outright, or even kept on the team but told not to suit up because of injury, hoping for a September trade, there will be no where to hide. No scenario that explains it all away. The curtain will be pulled back and then we will see how inane this all was.

Poles knows Justin sucks. Everyone in the league knows Justin sucks. It fits all the data, and you can watch it on film.

I've known it since October of last year, and dragging people into the light kicking and screaming is exhausting. "I don't WANT a generational QB, i don't WANT to be a top team! I want Justin!"

For gosh sakes, get on board already, the Superbowl train is leaving the station. Drop the Justin bobblehead and get with the happiness.

10 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

lol - what Stinger said is just crazy. And that is the right word for it.

Because Poles said he would try to get Fields traded quickly means that he isn't trading him.

It's all a BIG smokescreen. Justin has actually known how to read defenses for 3 years, but they are just pretending he's bad so that the league will be surprised. Poles and Fields have both known all along that Fields is the man, and it's the biggest psy-op ever. No one can quite figure out what the advantage of it is, but BOY will people be surprised.

And ya know what? When Fields is traded for a 5th round pick, or cut outright, or even kept on the team but told not to suit up because of injury, hoping for a September trade, there will be no where to hide. No scenario that explains it all away. The curtain will be pulled back and then we will see how inane this all was.

Poles knows Justin sucks. Everyone in the league knows Justin sucks. It fits all the data, and you can watch it on film.

I've known it since October of last year, and dragging people into the light kicking and screaming is exhausting. "I don't WANT a generational QB, i don't WANT to be a top team! I want Justin!"

For gosh sakes, get on board already, the Superbowl train is leaving the station. Drop the Justin bobblehead and get with the happiness.

Poles hasn't decided yet. A far cry from he's being traded and their taking Caleb. Are you selling your Justin Field's bobble head? 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Poles hasn't decided yet. A far cry from he's being traded and their taking Caleb. Are you selling your Justin Field's bobble head? 

and you know this. LOL

33 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

and you know this. LOL

After they meet with Caleb, you may finally get your wish but all of this talk of trading Justin, no one wants him is all bu!lsh!t. Media generated stories.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

and you know this. LOL

What I do know is Poles is not committing to anyone until he knows them. He passed on one of the top DTs when we needed one because he didn't check Poles boxes. After he gets to prod CW, he can decide. For all we know is he can trade down for a haul, take MHJ and Nix if CW turns out to be a turd 😉

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

What I do know is Poles is not committing to anyone until he knows them. He passed on one of the top DTs when we needed one because he didn't check Poles boxes. After he gets to prod CW, he can decide. For all we know is he can trade down for a haul, take MHJ and Nix if CW turns out to be a turd 😉

Yes , if Caleb checks the boxes, he.will take him but if  there's any doubt  trade backs. 

He just hasn't decided yet . The ( its a done deal the press pushes) is wrong AT THIS TIME.

So at this point I think if he is starting - it comes down to Denver or the Seahawks. Hopefully both of them decide they want him (Seattle would need to want to move on from Geno). 

Now I’m going to propose something wild - but Poles is a creative guy so I will propose Bears trade Fields for Geno Smith and a couple picks. Geno worked with Waldron and he is Caleb’s back up but can also serve as competition and someone who knows the system etc. Seahawks free up cap space and Bears get more value by taking on his contract. 

Bears can also use Geno as a potential trade candidate next season for a team that needs to upgrade their back up. 

Note: I think Miami could be an option for him as a backup. Tua gets banged up so could be a good get there. Chargers or Rams as well. Rams could use it to see if he could work with McVay and than they replace Stafford when he retires (rams have a ton of late round ammo too). Eagles another great potential spot. 

2 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

So at this point I think if he is starting - it comes down to Denver or the Seahawks. Hopefully both of them decide they want him (Seattle would need to want to move on from Geno). 

Now I’m going to propose something wild - but Poles is a creative guy so I will propose Bears trade Fields for Geno Smith and a couple picks. Geno worked with Waldron and he is Caleb’s back up but can also serve as competition and someone who knows the system etc. Seahawks free up cap space and Bears get more value by taking on his contract. 

Bears can also use Geno as a potential trade candidate next season for a team that needs to upgrade their back up. 

Note: I think Miami could be an option for him as a backup. Tua gets banged up so could be a good get there. Chargers or Rams as well. Rams could use it to see if he could work with McVay and than they replace Stafford when he retires (rams have a ton of late round ammo too). Eagles another great potential spot. 

interesting I wouldnt be mad at that, but keep Bagent too pls

10 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I was thinking the same thing and if you are looking for how a coach says he's non-committal to who his starting QB will be, new Seahawks HC Mike McDonald is that.  When asked about Smith being the starter next year he said:  "The first thing I want everybody to know is that as an organization we're always looking, we're always trying to figure out what's best for the team all the time."   If Waldron needs a guy to demonstrate the system as a veteran Smith would be the right guy to  do it and Justin would have nearly an optimal opportunity as a starter with both Smith and Drew Lock gone.  However, when I read the below article it mentions some contract language that could be tricky (and messy) for Seattle (second article below).

https://fox59.com/sports/sports-illustrated/a217c297/new-seahawks-coach-makes-eye-opening-statement-about-geno-smiths-job-security/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/15/seattle-seahawks-geno-smith-fully-guaranteed-contract-2024

7 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I was thinking the same thing and if you are looking for how a coach says he's non-committal to who his starting QB will be, new Seahawks HC Mike McDonald is that.  When asked about Smith being the starter next year he said:  "The first thing I want everybody to know is that as an organization we're always looking, we're always trying to figure out what's best for the team all the time."   If Waldron needs a guy to demonstrate the system as a veteran Smith would be the right guy to  do it and Justin would have nearly an optimal opportunity as a starter with both Smith and Drew Lock gone.  However, when I read the below article it mentions some contract language that could be tricky (and messy) for Seattle (second article below).

https://fox59.com/sports/sports-illustrated/a217c297/new-seahawks-coach-makes-eye-opening-statement-about-geno-smiths-job-security/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/15/seattle-seahawks-geno-smith-fully-guaranteed-contract-2024

Lots of different scenarios, I think Poles surprises us.