Jayden Daniels?

Stinger226

At this point Jayden Daniels is QB1 for me.   I reviewed some more Drake Maye film today and I agree with the assessment that he's really talented but he needs a year to learn.  In terms of QBs ready to play year 1, which is obviously what Poles sees since he traded away Fields, we have 2:  Wiliams or Daniels.   

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AZ54, cool - so a gentleman's bet?

You're on record saying you'd take Daniels over Williams, and I'm the opposite.

Let's see how they do the first year, then after year 2 and year 3, and see which prediction worked out?

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

AZ54, cool - so a gentleman's bet?

You're on record saying you'd take Daniels over Williams, and I'm the opposite.

Let's see how they do the first year, then after year 2 and year 3, and see which prediction worked out?

Sure.  I don't normally bet because I usually lose, but maybe we meet up across town and the loser buys the whiskey.  I'd say these two QBs are going 1-2 in this draft and Washington has a decent team, as do we in many aspects.  

5 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Sure.  I don't normally bet because I usually lose, but maybe we meet up across town and the loser buys the whiskey.  I'd say these two QBs are going 1-2 in this draft and Washington has a decent team, as do we in many aspects.  

it seems a fair comparison, although I wouldnt be shocked if Washington took Maye either.

I'd meet you and shake your hand for sure. I don't usually drink and then drive, even though everyone I know seems to do it well, maybe because even though I've been driving since I was 16, I never owned a car in NYC and rarely drove except on vacation and visiting family back in Chicago, so when I got to Arizona, I didnt usually have drinks with dinner if i was driving.

When my friend drives and we go to bars, then I am good for many whiskey shots for sure.

On 3/19/2024 at 2:16 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I'll honestly be good with Williams, Maye, Daniels, McCarthy or Penix.  We're in a good spot...

If we can get three 1's and two 2's I will take any of the three.  Noting less give me Williams.  How much did 49''s trade for Wilson

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

If we can get three 1's and two 2's I will take any of the three.  Noting less give me Williams.  How much did 49''s trade for Wilson

Trey Lance?   

This is interesting...and I haven't heard this anywhere else.  Now Daniels gets maybe 5% of the press coverage that Caleb Williams does so this stuff doesn't catch fire in the media in the same way.  I just find it an odd twist to the rumors now that Daniels is reportedly at the top of their list at #2.  Except for the report that came out after J.J. McCarthy's pro day saying they liked him at #2.  Musical chairs with the QBs in the media all the way up to draft day.    

9 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

This is interesting...and I haven't heard this anywhere else.  Now Daniels gets maybe 5% of the press coverage that Caleb Williams does so this stuff doesn't catch fire in the media in the same way.  I just find it an odd twist to the rumors now that Daniels is reportedly at the top of their list at #2.  Except for the report that came out after J.J. McCarthy's pro day saying they liked him at #2.  Musical chairs with the QBs in the media all the way up to draft day.    

If I hear this right Peters comments were before the 2023 season that could have changed but if true, I get why Daniels wouldn't like Peters. I'm not sure any rumors can be taken seriously before the draft.  No one is telling you exactly what they're going to do. Even Poles with the first pick, stated he's taking Caleb but everything points to that.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If I hear this right Peters comments were before the 2023 season that could have changed but if true, I get why Daniels wouldn't like Peters. I'm not sure any rumors can be taken seriously before the draft.  No one is telling you exactly what they're going to do. Even Poles with the first pick, stated he's taking Caleb but everything points to that.

Of course it s al rumor and innuendos.  Have you got video or a link to that statement from Poles?   

31 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Of course it s al rumor and innuendos.  Have you got video or a link to that statement from Poles?   

I totally stated that wrong, ( he hasn't decided yet on the first pick but everything points to him taking CW ) IMO

54 minutes ago, OmahaBear said:

There was no mention of the Bears, but I did read elsewhere that Flus was one of the many HCs present. I'm not sure who else from the Bears attended. Still, the Bears are not listed among the scheduled visits. Interesting.

11 hours ago, Pixote said:

There was no mention of the Bears, but I did read elsewhere that Flus was one of the many HCs present. I'm not sure who else from the Bears attended. Still, the Bears are not listed among the scheduled visits. Interesting.

Yea that's what interesting.. I know the Bears were there, but the fact that they were not meeting with him is interesting.  Wonder if they are doing a secrete meeting with someone, as I don't think they have had a meeting with Williams either.. or have they?

4 hours ago, OmahaBear said:

s I don't think they have had a meeting with Williams either.. or have they?

I believe the next known meeting is the "Top 30" one scheduled where Williams (so far not Daniels) and others will come to Halas Hall.  I have read elsewhere that speculation is that McCarthy may get an invite too.  So far the list only has three players listed on it but obviously will grow more in the coming days.

image.png

48 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I believe the next known meeting is the "Top 30" one scheduled where Williams (so far not Daniels) and others will come to Halas Hall.  I have read elsewhere that speculation is that McCarthy may get an invite too.  So far the list only has three players listed on it but obviously will grow more in the coming days.

image.png

https://nfltraderumors.co/2024-nfl-draft-prospect-visit-tracker/

Here is a visit tracker that has more names on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly the talk of Jayden Daniels being the best QB in this draft gains traction.   I haven't changed my position.  I'm so far off the consensus mock because I'm still the only fan here who will trade back to #2 and take Daniels and the picks.   I'd take Daniels at #1 and still be happy but I believe I can make that trade happen.  Even the Bears fan I met at a my granddaughters softball game agreed with Daniels being the best so there's at least 2 of us in the multiverse LOL.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWbtESDDezQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C53IuDnGczM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uxx0_v9t04

18 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Slowly the talk of Jayden Daniels being the best QB in this draft gains traction.   I haven't changed my position.  I'm so far off the consensus mock because I'm still the only fan here who will trade back to #2 and take Daniels and the picks.   I'd take Daniels at #1 and still be happy but I believe I can make that trade happen.  Even the Bears fan I met at a my granddaughters softball game agreed with Daniels being the best so there's at least 2 of us in the multiverse LOL.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWbtESDDezQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C53IuDnGczM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uxx0_v9t04

I wouldn't be mad at all.  I like five QBs in this draft.  So, if extra picks come with a trade down, it could be better.  Caleb seems to be the lock though.

I think Daniels has a lot of physical tools, and throws a great ball, but doesnt read defenses. I predict that he will be a massive bust in the NFL, kind of like how Justin ended up.

So at least I'm on the record, and we can see what happens.

At this point, it would take Washington's incredibly rich trade offer to convince Poles to trade down. 

If they offered something completely crazy such as this, I'd trade:

This year's 1st & both 2nd round picks, along with their 1st rd selections for 2025 & 2026.

I believe it would take something that crazy for Poles to trade the #1.

10 minutes ago, Pixote said:

At this point, it would take Washington's incredibly rich trade offer to convince Poles to trade down. 

If they offered something completely crazy such as this, I'd trade:

This year's 1st & both 2nd round picks, along with their 1st rd selections for 2025 & 2026.

I believe it would take something that crazy for Poles to trade the #1.

*IF* Caleb is who we think he is, that wouldnt be enough.

10 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

*IF* Caleb is who we think he is, that wouldnt be enough.

*IF* Caleb will develop into the QB I envision, you are absolutely correct.

Damn, I hate *IFs* LOL

4 minutes ago, Pixote said:

*IF* Caleb will develop into the QB I envision, you are absolutely correct.

Damn, I hate *IFs* LOL

me too! right now he is a "generational" prospect.

Soon he will be in the league, and there are good reasons to believe he's gonna be an excellent NFL QB, but today, they are are all nothing in the NFL (yet)!

Right now, every rookie QB is tied for last place in the NFL lol

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

As Larry Bird said, "if ifs was fifths, we'd all be drunks."

There's risk to everything you do . I guess it's about the highest ceiling for the lowest risky pick. 

If you look at 30 visits  list:  1/3 is clearly about the  nine pick. 1/3 of visits are for third and fourth round type picks. They're 1/3 that clearly only can  be gotten with the second round pick. 

Does that tell us anything?