Draft ALL OFFENSE

jason

7 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

because half of them didnt even watch the film and are just repeating a narrative in an echo chamber.

I have personally seen dozens of plays where he got the ball out as fast as anyone ever with my own eyes. He has a ridiculously fast and compact Marino-esque throwing motion too.

We are talking different things. How throwing MOTION is great. Very compact. 

His issue is that he holds the ball when he doesn’t have to. Just like Fields. Now, it can be argued that the reason they hold the ball is different, but it’s the same result unless the OL provides extended protection.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, jason said:

We are talking different things. How throwing MOTION is great. Very compact. 

His issue is that he holds the ball when he doesn’t have to. Just like Fields. Now, it can be argued that the reason they hold the ball is different, but it’s the same result unless the OL provides extended protection.

no i understood you. I have seen dozens of examples where he read the defense, made a quick decision and threw the ball like Bagent did in rhythm.

He also has that fast throwing motion, but yes he makes fast decisions successfully a LOT of time. Ive seen at least 50 examples over maybe 3 or 4 games of him doing it. It is in his skill set. He held the ball much longer on other plays where WRs werent open, or he was big play hunting. He never won a game in which he put up fewer than 30 points at USC (last year or both not sure), so obviously they had no defense and he was doing his Brett Favre impression.

Oh an to the protection, he has this Aaron Rodgers thing hwere when a defender breaks through the line, he circles around to redirect the defender back to the blocker he beat. It's pretty cool to watch, and youre like "he looks like Rodgers there"

So often he did have a lot of time to throw by his own making.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

no i understood you. I have seen dozens of examples where he read the defense, made a quick decision and threw the ball like Bagent did in rhythm.

He also has that fast throwing motion, but yes he makes fast decisions successfully a LOT of time. Ive seen at least 50 examples over maybe 3 or 4 games of him doing it. It is in his skill set. He held the ball much longer on other plays where WRs werent open, or he was big play hunting. He never won a game in which he put up fewer than 30 points at USC (last year or both not sure), so obviously they had no defense and he was doing his Brett Favre impression.

Oh an to the protection, he has this Aaron Rodgers thing hwere when a defender breaks through the line, he circles around to redirect the defender back to the blocker he beat. It's pretty cool to watch, and youre like "he looks like Rodgers there"

So often he did have a lot of time to throw by his own making.

Rodgers is a really good comp. 

45 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Rodgers is a really good comp. 

I agree, for his pocket manipulation skills and his big play hunting and gunslinger mentality.

He has some Mahomes in him too when plays break down.

I cant wait to see it all happen. I really hope luck is with him, and it all works out like it should.

19 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I agree, for his pocket manipulation skills and his big play hunting and gunslinger mentality.

He has some Mahomes in him too when plays break down.

I cant wait to see it all happen. I really hope luck is with him, and it all works out like it should.

Let’s hope the Tom Brady type traits start to show up in year one.  

11 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Let’s hope the Tom Brady type traits start to show up in year one.  

oh for sure, we should see lots of evidence of it. I dunno if it will all be put together into a full NFL QB right away, but we should see lots of it immediately.

Still left worth drafting

Mo Kamara. /He had 50 pressures and 13 sacks last year. 4.57

Brandon Dorlus

Myles Cole

Brennan Jackson/ 12.5 TFL 8.5 sacks 4.69 team captain

Austin Booker

Javon Solomon /16 sacks last year

Gabriel Murphy/ 8 sacks 12 TFL 4.68 

Kamara is the dude to get.