Draft ALL OFFENSE

jason

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Anybody else pigeon this retarded 1st round OG talk?  In advance, your retarded too.

LOL not at nine, but maybe at 18?

I'm noticing some recent mock drafts showing the Bears trading down and then drafting JC Latham (Alabama · OT).

Is he a blue-chip OT? I don't know the guy.

On a side note, the last one I saw with this trade-down scenario pissed me off because they had us trading down with the Colts, who then selected Nabers at #9. If the Bears passed on Nabers I'd be pissed.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

If Nabers is there, Poles will actually move faster than the speed of light to pick him. I think the mock machines arent really as cutthroat as the real teams are. I dont see him falling to 9, but that would be great. Im more worried that only 3 QBs go before we pick.

I see the 1b list, but I think Williams, at least 2 WRs and Alt are the only sure fire pro bowlers, the rest are 1b, worthy of a first half of the first round pick, but not a top 5.

For example, if any od the DEs were that clear cut, wed be seeing them go in the top 4. In this draft many times the first defensive player off the board is at 9, so there are blue chippers, and then there are blue chippers.

You're not seeing anyone other than QBs and MHJ going in the top  4 no matter what defensive players turn out to be all pro. The QB need is to high to put people that might normally would go top 5 in most drafts.

Caleb Williams and some see Maye as being tier 1 quality. 3 WRS, A few see Thomas as a sure thing also. Brock Bowers, Everyone has Alt and Fuega  as blue chip. Some have a few other OL listed blue chip. Then we get to Dallas Turner, and a few have Latu and Verse. At least one CB and a few have up to 3.  Then you get to JPJ and Frazier as blue chip even though they would never get picked top 15. 

I'm not saying they are right but odds are there will turn out to be close to 15 when it's done. That's excluding surprises.

27 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

SO your real live taking a guard at nine? You must be retarded.  Wasted opportunity.  

Didn't start Killa.  I never talked shit on any of the dumb ass mock drafts you posted.  BTW, it's not at nine.  I traded out.  You must not read well... 

11 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Talk shit all you want about my mocks; it won't bother me whatsoever.  My reading is fine .The substance of your post couldn't keep me engaged till the end. Regardless, my opinion is that you're retarded to select a G.  You don't have to like my opinion.

Fine with me.  Play all you want.  Respect is what it is.  I know where I stand now.

20 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Screenshot_20240416_162904_Chrome.jpgYou ask.  I deliver!

I’m curious with your Oline background  what you see in Fuaga.   He seems a bit stiff not as fluid as I’d like for a LT.  I think he’ll be fine at RT but we got one.  I like Barton a lot.  

9 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I’m curious with your Oline background  what you see in Fuaga.   He seems a bit stiff not as fluid as I’d like for a LT.  I think he’ll be fine at RT but we got one.  I like Barton a lot.  

I'm drafting him to be an OG, since I don't trust any of our guards.  He would be an absolute animal next to Wright.  Let Davis and Jenkins battle it out.  Since Waldron runs a lot of two and three TE sets, strength up the middle is more useful. (Kinda like Sean Peyton runs)  I've been criticized for drafting him so high to be OG, but where would you draft Larry Allen if you thought he would be that dude?

21 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm drafting him to be an OG, since I don't trust any of our guards.  He would be an absolute animal next to Wright.  Let Davis and Jenkins battle it out.  Since Waldron runs a lot of two and three TE sets, strength up the middle is more useful. (Kinda like Sean Peyton runs)  I've been criticized for drafting him so high to be OG, but where would you draft Larry Allen if you thought he would be that dude?

Last year, Skoronski was the pick at 9, and he is a guard, and not even close in talent to Larry Allen.

I do agree with you that Fuaga looks like a monster OG in the making.

I also saw that you never said to take him at 9, Id be comfortable with him at a slightly lower position, and I think you would too.

That said, there are other players I might take first who are grouped in similar value, but if I could add Fuaga as an OG to this roster, it would be a big win for sure.

I feel like Jenkins is on the trading block too, so that might make this more likely to happen.

51 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

sorry I sent that before reading the whole thread which was blowing up quickly.   I see your strategy but if it were me I’d rather take JPJ at 13.  Glaring need.  Blue chip talent and no position change adjustment needed.   He’s good enough to slide out to G IMO so that pick covers depth at all the interior spots.  I see Killer’s point about the value but we are talking about investing in protecting a #1 QB.  Sometimes you can’t always get the value proposition right while the downside risk to the higher value position of QB means if he’s your guy you just take him.   

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

sorry I sent that before reading the whole thread which was blowing up quickly.   I see your strategy but if it were me I’d rather take JPJ at 13.  Glaring need.  Blue chip talent and no position change adjustment needed.   He’s good enough to slide out to G IMO so that pick covers depth at all the interior spots.  I see Killer’s point about the value but we are talking about investing in protecting a #1 QB.  Sometimes you can’t always get the value proposition right while the downside risk to the higher value position of QB means if he’s your guy you just take him.   

I drafted the best center prospect with my trade.  Barton will probably go before JPJ. (JPJ has a concussion history)  He started out as a center and ended up at left tackle because he was so athletic.  The boards are changing that way.  If be happy with either.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I drafted the best center prospect with my trade.  Barton will probably go before JPJ. (JPJ has a concussion history)  He started out as a center and ended up at left tackle because he was so athletic.  The boards are changing that way.  If be happy with either.

If the Bears have Barton rated that highly I wouldn’t  argue the pick over JPJ.  

37 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

The Bears did meet with Barton, Guyton, Latham, Powers-Johnson and Zack Frazier. They did not meet with Fashanu. Very Interesting.

Barton is shooting up boards for some reason. The team might not have used a top-30 visit on some guys, but could've visited them during their Pro-Day, at one of the All-Star games, or at the combine. Also, any player within the Chicago-metro area does not need to count against the top-30 visits and they don't have to announce those.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Barton is shooting up boards for some reason. 

He's shooting up because he initially was slated as an OT, then OG, now center.  He can literally pay any position on the OL.  His arms are slightly short for an LT, but was all ACC at it.(Longer than JPJ though) He'll make a great center prospect, as will JPJ.  They are running 1 and 2 depending on who you look at.

I've seen him listed in the top 32 by several scouts but is getting more cudos  as a center. I'll let Poles figure out who he likes more if we get the chance to draft one. I like Zach Frazier a lot. Former wrestlers make good lineman in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

He's shooting up because he initially was slated as an OT, then OG, now center.  He can literally pay any position on the OL.  His arms are slightly short for an LT, but was all ACC at it.(Longer than JPJ though) He'll make a great center prospect, as will JPJ.  They are running 1 and 2 depending on who you look at.

Barton also has a high iq for understanding and making line calls. I mentioned him months ago for C when he was listed mainly as OT.  Been seeing some drafts with GB taking him rd1 because he has versatility to play anywhere. I wouldn't complain if Poles drafted him and if he is climbing, then maybe Frazier slides.