• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Add:

• Ian Wheeler, RB/KR, Howard (link)
  • Odieu Hiliare, WR, Bowling Green (link)
  • Carl Jones, LB, UCLA (link)
  • Brenden Bates, TE, Kentucky (link)
  • Keith Randolph, DT, Illinois (link)
  • Jamree Kromah, DE, James Madison
  • Theo Benedet, OT, British Columbia (link)
  • Austin Reed, QB, Western Kentucky (link)
  • Reddy Steward, CB, Troy (link)

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It seems like Poles always finds a few UDFAs that make the roster. This year it will be Randolph and Reddy Stewart, a DT and CB.

There is a big difference in the roster we have going into 2024 versus going into 2022, or even last year.  There is a glaring need for a 4th DT on our roster and that gives Randolph a fighting chance but beyond his hustle on plays he doesn't offer much athletically.  I expect Poles will be looking to bring in more vet FA competition for that spot.  We might not even know who the 4th DT is until other teams make their cuts in training camp.  Everywhere else it's going to be tough for any UDFA to make the roster.  Somebody will have to show they are a special teams maven to stick.  

14 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

There is a big difference in the roster we have going into 2024 versus going into 2022, or even last year.  There is a glaring need for a 4th DT on our roster and that gives Randolph a fighting chance but beyond his hustle on plays he doesn't offer much athletically.  I expect Poles will be looking to bring in more vet FA competition for that spot.  We might not even know who the 4th DT is until other teams make their cuts in training camp.  Everywhere else it's going to be tough for any UDFA to make the roster.  Somebody will have to show they are a special teams maven to stick.  

right - the days of finding starters in the later rounds are over for us, because our roster is so much stronger.

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Good points, right now we have 5 DTs, so Randolph would have to beat out Cowart and Michael Dwunfour for the 4 th spot.

50 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

I think Bates has a chance of making the team.  

Possibly but TE is a tough position to learn.  Seems like we’d be better off grabbing a cheap vet.  

Hmm... what do we have here?   You've got the arm length and strength needed to set the edge.  With a 1.6 10yd split on his forty he has a very quick first step which can be seen when he lines up at 3-tech.  Watching these highlights he's got a little bend to him.  Competition level is an obvious concern but there are highlights here where he is shedding a double team to make a tackle.   600lbs of whatever is still 600lbs.   They used him across the front too which won't help his development at DE but does showcase his versatility.  Very similar to DeMarcus Walker but quicker.  

image.png

16 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Hmm... what do we have here?   You've got the arm length and strength needed to set the edge.  With a 1.6 10yd split on his forty he has a very quick first step which can be seen when he lines up at 3-tech.  Watching these highlights he's got a little bend to him.  Competition level is an obvious concern but there are highlights here where he is shedding a double team to make a tackle.   600lbs of whatever is still 600lbs.   They used him across the front too which won't help his development at DE but does showcase his versatility.  Very similar to DeMarcus Walker but quicker.  

image.png

I am always surprised how some of these guys don't get drafted. 10 sacks on a top 25 team with a high RAS. What is not to like?

These seem like the most likely guys to make the 53-man roster:

Brenden Bates, TE (still need a TE3)

Keith Randolph, DT (still need another DT)

Jamree Kromah, DE (could replace Robinson who has been ineffective so far)

Theo Benedet, OL (would be a back end replacement for someone like Borom ($3.1M cap savings))

4 hours ago, adam said:

These seem like the most likely guys to make the 53-man roster:

Brenden Bates, TE (still need a TE3)

Keith Randolph, DT (still need another DT)

Jamree Kromah, DE (could replace Robinson who has been ineffective so far)

Theo Benedet, OL (would be a back end replacement for someone like Borom ($3.1M cap savings))

Gosh, I sure hope our 3rd pick can be out a UDFA for the swing OT job.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Wow - I had no idea. I was thinking they were like a d2 school.

me too! never heard of them! I googled it and found that link. Crazy.

So I love me some Tyson Bagent. Coming off the bench and in preseason, he had that quick decisive release that I had been wishing for all the time while Fields was in there. It was a breath of fresh air. Then a couple NFL games in, he threw a bunch of interceptions. We all saw his plusses, but his arm strength was questionable and the interceptions really brought him down to earth.

I was left saying "Id love to see more of him, and see if he can improve his arm strength" I thought he was one of the better backups in the league.

Now i think he may have some competition. Another d2 guy who led all of college at any level with passing yards in 2022 with like 4,700+ or something insane like that. AND this guy has a really strong arm.

Plus hes been working out with Caleb WIlliams with the same guy that trained Brock Purdy. Caleb loves him.

There is definitely going to be a QB battle in Chicago this year, but it will be for 2nd string :)

Bagent looked good getting ball out because Gretsy kept it simple with his play calling, step and throw. He only had 3 completions over 20 yards on 93 completions. Here is a throw chart  in the Raiders game. Its easy to make throws when 90% are under 5 yards. This is where the plays ended so YAC has to be figured in.  I think he is capable of more but wasnt ask to do it in his playing time. 

Nicholas Moreano on X: "Here is Tyson Bagent's passing chart ...

On 5/4/2024 at 4:23 AM, Stinger226 said:

Bagent looked good getting ball out because Gretsy kept it simple with his play calling, step and throw. He only had 3 completions over 20 yards on 93 completions. Here is a throw chart  in the Raiders game. Its easy to make throws when 90% are under 5 yards. This is where the plays ended so YAC has to be figured in.  I think he is capable of more but wasnt ask to do it in his playing time. 

Nicholas Moreano on X: "Here is Tyson Bagent's passing chart ...

Hey, Bo Nix parlayed a throw chart like this into being a first round pick.