OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

BearSox

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty Booker and Brandon Llyod are supposed to be are big receivers and Mark Bradley is supposed to be are fast WR with size.If he could stay healthy.

Booker and Lloyd aren't big though, they weren't supposed to be our "big" guys, just possession guys. Both are 6', and Lloyd isn't even big weight-wise. We needed to get bigger height-wise.

Booker and Lloyd aren't big though, they weren't supposed to be our "big" guys, just possession guys. Both are 6', and Lloyd isn't even big weight-wise. We needed to get bigger height-wise.

You have to also factor in Clark and Olsen who also have size.

But size on the outside is just really improtant to helping out a struggling QB. GB pretty much recognized that by grabbing Nelson, who BTW is the man.

Jordy Nelson is a great pick and his game against Kansas' Taleb is what sold me on him.

This pick looks a little shaky to me. Harrison with character issues sends mixed signals.

That and the torn ACL are worrisome. He rushed back from the knee injury, and still ran 5 flat this post-season at 6-3 317 after going through the grind and rehab, and that says a ton about his athleticism. and is obviously a first rounder talent-wise shown by how highly he was still thought of even after the E and weed arrest combined with the injury.

Darn.. Okay, so my next target is Dennis Dixon.

Simpson is gone, but he went to CIN, not WSH.

I'd much rather take Kevin O'Connell from SDSU or Josh Johnson from SD. Dixon seems like a more complete Colt Brennan- played well because of the system.

EDIT- And the damn Pats take O'Connell.

That and the torn ACL are worrisome. He rushed back from the knee injury, and still ran 5 flat this post-season at 6-3 317 after going through the grind and rehab, and that says a ton about his athleticism. and is obviously a first rounder talent-wise shown by how highly he was still thought of even after the E and weed arrest combined with the injury.

Sounds kind of like Dusty coming out of school, but take away the weed arrest and put an assault arrest there...

JA always has a couple of questionable picks, so Harrison looks like one of them. With all the players to choose from you pick him? Its not a horrible pick, but it seemed like there were better options on the board at the time.

But size on the outside is just really improtant to helping out a struggling QB. GB pretty much recognized that by grabbing Nelson, who BTW is the man.

It also looks like the Bears are going to try and create more mismatches on offense.Like last season one of their TEs was split out wide quite a few times and then there is where are they going to line Hester up at? I also believe that Forte is going to be on the field on 3rd downs because unlike Benson he actually is familiar with pass protection and can catch the ball when it is thrown to him.

It also looks like the Bears are going to try and create more mismatches on offense.Like last season one of their TEs was split out wide quite a few times and then there is where are they going to line Hester up at? I also believe that Forte is going to be on the field on 3rd downs because unlike Benson he actually is familiar with pass protection and can catch the ball when it is thrown to him.

Where does that leave Wolfe??

Damn, Washington got Rinehart from N. Iowa. Big time OG sleeper.

No kidding. Schuening still on the board, I'd love to see the Bears snatch him in the 4th.

BTW, does anybody know when the press conference will be for all the selections for the Bears? Time and date, please.

Where does that leave Wolfe??

He'll be the #3 RB. AP will go to ST only, barring injuries. Just a guess...

Simpson is gone, but he went to CIN, not WSH.

I'd much rather take Kevin O'Connell from SDSU or Josh Johnson from SD. Dixon seems like a more complete Colt Brennan- played well because of the system.

EDIT- And the damn Pats take O'Connell.

Sounds kind of like Dusty coming out of school, but take away the weed arrest and put an assault arrest there...

I like the thought of Dixon as a rehabbing learning prospect because he was a Heisman candidate before his injury.