OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

BearSox

hell, this Baldwin guy doesn't sound to bad either...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...7/80413047/1048

Strengths: Baldwin is a sleeper who’s improved his draft stock with a solid performance at MSU’s Pro Day. His 40-yard dash time of 4.62 seconds went a long way in impressing scouts, according to Rivals.com. He has the ability to play any position on the defensive line and could benefit from several NFL teams needing help in that area. He possesses good power and quickness which makes him an effective pass rusher.

Weaknesses: Similar to Jonal Saint-Dic, at 6-foot-2, he lacks the ideal height of an NFL defensive end. According to NFLdraftscout.com, He needs to improve his explosion out of his defensive stance and sometimes has trouble keeping his feet when rushing the passer.

College highlights: Teamed with Saint-Dic to form one of the scariest defensive end tandems in the Big Ten. In 2006, Baldwin’s junior season, he picked off Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn and returned it for a 19-yard touchdown. As a senior, Baldwin led the Spartans with 18.5 tackles for loss.

College lowlights: He had two solid seasons with the Spartans, was always regarded as a hard worker and rarely had any low points in his career.

Who needs him: Bills, Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Colts, Jets, Raiders, Eagles, 49ers, Rams, Buccaneers and Redskins.

When will he go: Seventh round or free agent.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Barton pick. Better title game and he's a 4th or 5th. Also, I love the Monk pick. When healthy, he's a good red zone guy and could catch 400+ yards for us next year.

BTW, I'm surprised we didn't take a FB, especially Culcrick. We seemed to be in love with Big10 and SEC guys, I wouldn't of minded Culcrick, and just didn't draft that LaRogue or whatever the hell his name is. Speaking of drafting alot of SEC, I like that.

just watched some youtube clips on monk...wow im impressed...guys is huge and pretty quick...between him, olsen, and davis, we have some redzone threats for sure....

in his first three seasons at ark he had 122 catches and 24 TDs...thats a damn good ratio