OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

BearSox

Yes boys and girls, another year has passed and once again, it's time for the NFL Draft. This thread can be used to post which team picks who, talk about trades, etc. Please, do not start a new thread for every bit of news, just put it in here!

Unfortunately I have baseball practice at 4, and won't get back until 9 tonight. So, I will not be able to enjoy the draft live, or discuss it with you guys. However, I will be back on tonight to provide my thoughts!

Go Bears! :dabears

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not know that much about Chris Williams however, it is nice to see at least one problem on the line is addressed so far. We'll have to see how the rest of the next 30 some odd hours play out and hope for the best. Still lots of holes to fix.

We should of threw money at Michael Turner in the offseason. We are gong to have to burn a pick on RB.

I have much less of a problem with the Bears burning a pick on a RB if it's in the 2nd or 3rd round, now that they've done the important thing and hopefully massively upgraded the O-Line.

I still hope they pick one more O-Lineman in the first 3 rounds also, find a guard somewhere for some depth, but now you've got Kreutz in the middle, Williams on the left, Tait moves back to the right, and the guards are some combination of Beekman/Garza/all the others/whoever else they draft. The edges of this line just got a lot more solid, we hope, and that makes everyone on the offense better.

Wow...Mendy still on the board...so is Devin Thomas...so one of them drop to the Bears or do we trade up

I don't think either one of them will drop to the Bears's pick...but I wouldn't trade up for Thomas. Mendenhall maybe, but Thomas is certainly not that much better than the other receivers in the draft, and the odds are 1 of the top 4 will still be there when the Bears pick at this rate. (Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, Jackson are all still on the board).