OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

BearSox

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well, Ainge sucks, so don't worry about missing out on him. But, yeah, there's a bit of an overreaction on this board right now... I'm not exactly thrilled with the draft either, but I'm sure as hell not gonna knock it. Angelo does have a very good record of drafting players.

We needed a third TE. I don't see why anyone is complaining. It's not like we took him in the 3rd. The pick that should piss most everyone off is Bowman. We already have 5 good guys at the position.

I really don't like the Steltz pick either due to the fact he is pretty much a less athletic, but younger, version of Archuletta.

We needed a third TE. I don't see why anyone is complaining. It's not like we took him in the 3rd. The pick that should piss most everyone off is Bowman. We already have 5 good guys at the position.

I really don't like the Steltz pick either due to the fact he is pretty much a less athletic, but younger, version of Archuletta.

I wouldn't really call RMJ "good", but I would call his salary "high", so I'm thinking we might not have to call him a "Bear" much longer.

Why would they extend somebody they're trying to push out?

Everyone's flipping out because we took a te who'll be buried on the depth chart rather than a qb/ol who'll be buried on the depth chart. I'd rather have 3 good te than 2 good te and a crappy qb.

I wouldnt call making a joke about Clarks eye flipping out. I disagree with the pick but I dont think its that big of a deal. I also never said they were trying to push him out. You read way too far into that post.

I'm hoping we take a flier on G/T Brandon Barnes from GVSU in the 7th. The guys is a monstrosity of a man and won the DII Gene Upshaw award. I saw every one of his home games last season where he played RT and he doesn't let anyone get by him. And he's so big it's not easy to get around him either. That'd be a good value pick to me. The Chiefs already took one of my GV guys in Brandon Carr.

I wouldnt call making a joke about Clarks eye flipping out. I disagree with the pick but I dont think its that big of a deal. I also never said they were trying to push him out. You read way too far into that post.

It had nothing to do with the thing about his eye. It's about multiple threads suddenly becoming boiling pits of rage because the Bears took a backup te at the bottom of the 5th round. Notice, I said "Everyone", not "You".

Anyone have details on the recent Bears trades? How did we lose our 6th?

Also, Colt Brennan is another Rex Grossman...I don't agree with the TE pick either, cuz the guy is a bag of douche, but if he would've picked Brennan, i was going to go out and buy a Colts hat...

We're rebuilding, so why not hold out for the top QB in next year's draft? Hopefully we'll have a real GM then...

I'm hoping we take a flier on G/T Brandon Barnes from GVSU in the 7th. The guys is a monstrosity of a man and won the DII Gene Upshaw award. I saw every one of his home games last season where he played RT and he doesn't let anyone get by him. And he's so big it's not easy to get around him either. That'd be a good value pick to me. The Chiefs already took one of my GV guys in Brandon Carr.

You must be in GR? I'm in Kalamazoo...

I personally like the pick up of Kellen Davis this late in the Draft. I have watched Kellen Davis closely the last year because my wife is a grad of MSU and still has season football tickets. Davis is one of the more versatile players I have seen in a while. He is big for a TE and could easily replace Clark. He has an attitude that helps him out when he is on defense and since we lost B.A. to free agency, Davis on special teams I think has the potential of replacing someone of B.A. talent. Still not sure overall with this draft and the fact that we still have not addressed all issues as well as we still have not taken a QB which we need. If Dennis Dixon is still available at this point, spend a seventh round draft pick on the kid and let's see how well he has recovered from his injury!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have details on the recent Bears trades? How did we lose our 6th?

Also, Colt Brennan is another Rex Grossman...I don't agree with the TE pick either, cuz the guy is a bag of douche, but if he would've picked Brennan, i was going to go out and buy a Colts hat...

We're rebuilding, so why not hold out for the top QB in next year's draft? Hopefully we'll have a real GM then...

We traded down twice in the 4th. The first, we gained a 7th rounder. The second, we moved from our 6th round pick up to our later pick in the 5th.

I personally like the pick up of Kellen Davis this late in the Draft. I have watched Kellen Davis closely the last year because my wife is a grad of MSU and still has season football tickets. Davis is one of the more versatile players I have seen in a while. He is big for a TE and could easily replace Clark. He has an attitude that helps him out when he is on defense and since we lost B.A. to free agency, Davis on special teams I think has the potential of replacing someone of B.A. talent. Still not sure overall with this draft and the fact that we still have not addressed all issues as well as we still have not taken a QB which we need. If Dennis Dixon is still available at this point, spend a seventh round draft pick on the kid and let's see how well he has recovered from his injury!!!!!!!!!

Dixon was drafted by Pittsburgh.

IMdO seems like we picked up several kids who should contribute on STs. guess we needed them, but we also needed more OL depth too.