Anyone at Soldier Field?

AZ54

Apparent Grossman was really bad, getting booed multiple times.

Reading the article on the family night practice on the website it would appear Orton is beginning to take charge of the position battle. This guy was very highly regarded as a college player and would have been drafted much higher if he had not missed so much time do to injury his last year. I hope he proves to be the sleeper QB everyone here has been waiting for.

He did quite well for himself under the circumstances as a rookie and has played sparingly since but never with a chance to come in fully prepared, having limited time with the #1s in practice and limited reps period. It will be interesting to see what he does given a chance to really compete for the position.

Up until now I have been thinking Rex all the way. Now, I am leaning toward Orton. Still early.

Apparent Grossman was really bad, getting booed multiple times.

Rex got booed coming out of the tunnel. It's really too bad that people continue to unload on him considering some of the POS we have had at QB in this town. If you don't like Rex fine, but boo him when he makes a bad play, not coming out on the field. That is not the type of fan I would want to be known as.

On Kyle, I would love to see him step up. I know he doesn't have the ceiling that Rex does, but he can be a very good game manager and this may be what we need right now.

Peace :dabears

I see him as a similar player to David Garrard of Jacksonville who seems to get a lot of good ink from around the league. I do not see Garrard getting ripped by anyone. If Kyle could become a QB in this mold, we will win a lot of games.

Rex got booed coming out of the tunnel. It's really too bad that people continue to unload on him considering some of the POS we have had at QB in this town. If you don't like Rex fine, but boo him when he makes a bad play, not coming out on the field. That is not the type of fan I would want to be known as.

On Kyle, I would love to see him step up. I know he doesn't have the ceiling that Rex does, but he can be a very good game manager and this may be what we need right now.

I would call this about as perfect of an analysis as there is.

I like Grossman more but if Orton gives us a better chance to win I want him in there. I think both QBs have shown they can win in this league and if the line holds up and the weapons produce we should feel comfortable with either of them.

My god, can you get off of Rex's nuts for one day Bears 88? Okay, I get it, you love him. But maybe it's about time we try someone else as our starting QB. I'm not saying Orton is or will be any good, but the man has been earning his change.

On a side note, I wish we had kept Griese...

My god, can you get off of Rex's nuts for one day Bears 88? Okay, I get it, you love him. But maybe it's about time we try someone else as our starting QB. I'm not saying Orton is or will be any good, but the man has been earning his change.

On a side note, I wish we had kept Griese...

Griese is a disaster. He lost to the Lions twice.

It's hard to tell from training camp videos but lately Orton seems to be throwing with more authority. I don't care who wins as long as it's the best QB. I don't get all the love for Orton in past years. He was not that good in his first season but he kept us from turnovers and so the D won games. Then after that season he didn't work hard in the offseason because Rex was named the starter and he felt sorry for himself. He wasn't ready that year and he admitted that publicly.

Last year he appeared to be more prepared and improved his mechanics and strength but coming off the Superbowl the team was more comfortable keeping the battle between Rex and to a lesser extent Griese. Kyle did show enough last year to warrant a contract extension and a full opportunity to compete for the starting job this year. Everyone says it takes QBs a few years to develop and in Kyle's case that's where we are. If he's better than Grossman today I don't think that automatically means he was better than him two years ago.

I would agree. Griese cost us the games against the Lions. He was supposed to be a game mgr but he had way, way too many turnovers for that role.

He looked ok for a while but by the end of his run he was turning the ball over just as much as Rex but without the upside of the possible deep threat. Rex and Kyle both have much bigger upsides than him.

I think that was totally unclassy. Rex Grossman is a Great guy, shows class, and wants to bring the Bears to the promise land. If it was Cedric Benson, I think that it would be justified to boo, but come on let the guy get a fresh start.

So much for having the "4th Phase" if there only going to hurt the team by making a player feel rejected.

As of right now, the competition is about even. Rex was ahead until the last day or two and Kyle has just stepped up his game.

Anyone who boos any Bears player at a practice is a jackass.

donkey.jpg

So you were there, CrackerDog? You definitely got a picture of one of those asses! :rolleyes: And man, gotta give Rex a break. Its practice, who needs that?

So you were there, CrackerDog? You definitely got a picture of one of those asses! :rolleyes: And man, gotta give Rex a break. Its practice, who needs that?

That's not the point. They booed him at a practice. :rolleyes:

If Rex isn't able to understand the frustrations of the fans in light of his ups and downs (more downs than ups) then he is not our QB because he is too stupid to be out there calling the plays.

Hey, IMO opinion, the fans, who have been very supportive of this team, deserve the right to express their opinion, and one way for them to do that is to do as they did the other night and send a message to Rex.

If ANY player does not want to get booed, he has two options, play better or quit.

If ANY player does not want to get booed, he has two options, play better or quit.

He was practicing to GET better. And before he did a thing these low class "fans" booed him coming out of the tunnel. Face it, Rex didn't look any worse than any of the other QB's on this team last season yet he's the one that gets booed. Just like all the "experts" here last season calling for Griese and then what? He sucked. No line, no consistent running threat and a predictable game plan doesn't do much for a QB's status.

The coaches have had an open competition for the job this season. These are the two guys we have. If Rex wins the job it means Kyle isn't as good. Period. If Kyle wins the job, great! I'm going to support the guy who wins. Ignorant fans sending them messages this early in camp, not understanding everything that goes into making a football team tick, doesn't make either of them better.

Ignorant fans sending them messages this early in camp, not understanding everything that goes into making a football team tick, doesn't make either of them better.

and it should not make them any worse either.

If I were a player getting booed, it wouldjust motivate me that much more.

I still feel fans have the right to voice their opinions. Would I have booed him coming out of the tunnel? NO Would I have booed him if he had a rough practice, NO. I do not think I have ever booed a Bears player, even when they were sucking eggs. I am a rah rah type of fan. I might groan, cry, get mad as hell, but boo a Bears player, not me.

He was practicing to GET better. And before he did a thing these low class "fans" booed him coming out of the tunnel. Face it, Rex didn't look any worse than any of the other QB's on this team last season yet he's the one that gets booed. Just like all the "experts" here last season calling for Griese and then what? He sucked. No line, no consistent running threat and a predictable game plan doesn't do much for a QB's status.

The coaches have had an open competition for the job this season. These are the two guys we have. If Rex wins the job it means Kyle isn't as good. Period. If Kyle wins the job, great! I'm going to support the guy who wins. Ignorant fans sending them messages this early in camp, not understanding everything that goes into making a football team tick, doesn't make either of them better.

Agreed. I'd never boo at a practice, but I can understand it in certain situations. Hell, I was ready to boo when I watched Rex fumble a snap when practicing. If fans want to boo a particular play, fine.

But what the hell has Rex done to deserve getting booed? The guy's always worked his ass off, he's always come across as a team player, always said and done all the right things.

Now if Rex was over-paid, had shown up out of shape, been arrested twice in the off-season, thrown his offensive line under the bus, refused to play because "he had his future to worry about," AND sucked . . . I could almost understand booing a guy like that. (thanks Cedric)

But booing Rex for not being great would be like booing Mike Brown for getting injured. It's just plain ignorant.

My god, with the way some of you guys are acting, you think this would be some horrible hate crime we are talking about. Professional athletes get booed, all-the-time. It can be in a game, during practice, or just walking down the street. Fans are always critical of the players on their favorite team.

If this effects Grossman the one bit, he shouldn't be playing football, or any sport for that matter. Boo-freaking-Hoo, cry me a river.