How about Caleb Hanie?

butkusrules

He looked great to me, anyone else agree/disagree?

BTW, maybe he can teach rex and orton what stepping up in the pocket means.

He makes this team. I really like his potential. Maybe we have finally found our QB diamond in the rough.

Peace :dabears

I thought he looked damn good. I dont care where he played or when he got drafted if at all...he showed a lot. Remember, Tom Brady was a no name 6th rounder...so you never know. I'm just sayin'

I agree, if Monk & Bennett hadn't muffed their catches, he would have won the game. Excellent looking QB prospect!

I agree, if Monk & Bennett hadn't muffed their catches, he would have won the game. Excellent looking QB prospect!

Couldn't agree more. Was at work for the game except the final drive and he looked really composed. Stepping up in the pocket, rifle throws, perfect spirals, and seemed like he had leadership among the guys. Hopefully he didn't look this good just because it was against the 3rd string KC defense.

Yup, and he put those throws on the money too. Looks like ol Mel was right. Kid has alot of moxie. I liked when he ran for that first down. Bennett and Monk have to be kicking themselves.

C'mon now he did this against a 3rd string defense.

Nice to know he did well. But,i'd like to see do it against the 1st string defense.

Johnny Unitas was doing it against the 2nd string D today, but if Hanie plays like that again next week, you can count on your boy doing it against the 3rd string in week 3 of the preseason.

This is a kid everyone wanted to put on the practice squad. Yes he did all those nice plays against a 3rd string defense and he did them all with a 3rd string offense. Did he even have an Oline in front of him? Every time we ran the ball while Hanie as in there it seemed there were at least 3 Chiefs in the backfield, sometimes 4 or 5. Pass blocking was also poor and he had to move around and make quite a few plays. I really liked what he did tonight.

Nice to know he did well. But, i'd like to see him do it against a 1st string defense.

I never get that argument.

Who cares who the hell he did it against? The kid looked good out there, made some plays, showed some toughness, and threw some damn good balls.

Noone is appointing him the starter, but be happy he looked good.

I never get that argument.

Who cares who the hell he did it against? The kid looked good out there, made some plays, showed some toughness, and threw some damn good balls.

Noone is appointing him the starter, but be happy he looked good.

Exactly. He looks like he actually has talent that can be developed. Unlike some of these gems from the past: Moses Mareno, Steve Stenstrom, Ken Mastrole, Henry Burris, Jonathan Quinn, etc.

I know it was only 1 game, but I was very impressed.

Nice to know he did well. But, i'd like to see him do it against a 1st string defense.

So? This is after all a UDFA from Colorado St. What, did you want him playing vs. 1st teams defenses from the minute he got into the NFL?

The thing I loved about Hanie was his awareness and pocket presence. Plus, instead of doing that pussy ass feet first slid QB's do when they scramble, Hanie put his head down and went for every possible yard he could get.

I was at one time insisting we needed to have a vet brought in as the #3 as I did not like the idea of an undrafted QB being relied on if Rex & Kyle went down to injury. Forget it, this guy will do just fine. I would not mind seeing him get some time with the 1s, although I doubt that would happen.

If both Grossman and Orton suck up this season again, at least late in the season maybe Hanie would get a few starts.

Seriously why dont we just put Hanie in now, if he has tools and shows promise in pre-season then what do we have to lose? Its not like we are a playoff team as it stands now. We are not going anywhere with "Too Short" Rex or "20yds too far" Orton.

Id be willing to take that chance.

He makes this team. I really like his potential. Maybe we have finally found our QB diamond in the rough.

Didn't watch the 2nd half, by the way stoogetv.com worked! But sounds like this kid can be the 3rd QB. Now that we have that out of the way, let's fix the damn LT spot.

Very impressed! I got slight visions of McMahon...a tough kid, willing to throw his body on the line, had enough moves to get out of trouble, and enough arm strength to get the ball in place. I like his moxie!

I'd like to keep him. I envision having either Kyle or Rex start for the next 2 seasons depending on how it shakes out, with Hanie waiting in the wings to take over.

...I need to put the Kool-aid down though.

He looked great to me, anyone else agree/disagree?

BTW, maybe he can teach rex and orton what stepping up in the pocket means.

I was at one time insisting we needed to have a vet brought in as the #3 as I did not like the idea of an undrafted QB being relied on if Rex & Kyle went down to injury. Forget it, this guy will do just fine. I would not mind seeing him get some time with the 1s, although I doubt that would happen.

pix i am 100% in agreement.

good arm, great touch on the ball, balls on target and very catchable, nice footwork, good pocket presence, good physical properties, and nice scrambling abilities. this kid looked like a seasoned vet out there.

this kids play was exceptional. in fact i will say i want to see him get some playing time with the 2nd string offense next game. if he looks as good with the 2nds i want to see him get some time with the first squad in pre-season.

Even if he does, there's no way they'd let him start unless injuries or Quinn-like performances ensue.

I think they keep him at 3 and maybe give him spot duty if the season is overat a certain point. Kind of like what happened w/ Orton last season.

If he keeps this up, they guy could be our QB in a year or so...

What happens if Caleb outplays Grossman and Orton throughout the entire preseason? What happens then? Do they start to think about letting this kid start or keep him as the 3rd quarterback regardless of performance?