Observations from tonight

Connorbear

- 1st string defense was embarassing. You don't let a crappy team like KC drive the ball down your throat.

- Forte looked good. I think we will be happy with him.

- Both Orton and Grossman just looked ok. I hope someone stands out next week.

- Special team penalties killed us.

- Wolfe re-enforced my belief he can be a very good 3rd down back.

- Hanie locked up the 3rd string QB role in my opinion. I really liked his poise.

- The offensive line actually did ok. I pray they do not bring back Fred Miller. I would rather have St Clair at LT.

- Bennett should not be returning kickoffs or punts. Toub must be on crack.

I will have more thoughts later.

Peace :dabears

- 1st string defense was embarassing. You don't let a crappy team like KC drive the ball down your throat.

Agreed. Now that everyone has been paid, will they all still have the same drive? In damn near the last year we've given new contracts to Briggs, Urlacher, Harris, Alex Brown, Peanut, and Vasher. It's easy to write this off, but after we sucked last season, it's disturbing.

- Hanie locked up the 3rd string QB role in my opinion. I really liked his poise.

Hanie looked pretty good . . . against mostly a 4th string defense. I'm pissed that Monk & Bennett dropped those passes. Bennetts was a tough catch, but Monk's drop was unexcusable.

- The offensive line actually did ok. I pray they do not bring back Fred Miller. I would rather have St Clair at LT.

I really like St. Clair. Lets bring back Ruben Brown.

Disagree for a couple of reasons:

1. I don't really want to see Vasher back there. He has more important things to do.

2. Bennett's going to have a tough time seeing playing time with Booker, Davis, Lloyd, & Hester all in front of him.

3. Hester looked lost his rookie year as a return man so I'll cut him some slack.

I agree with everything u said, and will add that PJ pope showed some heart. But if I can take anything away from tonight its Hanie's performance.

I agree with just about everything you mentioned.

Out of everyone tonight, Garrett Wolfe impressed the most. He has homerun potential written all over him.

I also thought that the sideline pass to Hass was indicative of everything I have heard about him. The kid has glue on his hands if he consistently makes plays like that.

I was pleasantly surprised with the play of our OL.

I am very impressed with Forte, Hanie, Wolfe, & Kellen Davis.

Was not overly impressed with Rex or Kyle, but not overly disappointed either. Jury is still out.

WR is going to be a killer position for the Bears coaches to evaluate and decide who makes the 53 man roster.

I did not like the first offensive possession of KC and the play of our 1st string defense during that drive but after that drive they played excellent. Just got off to a very rough start.

The thing I like most about the game, as far as I know or have heard, NO INJURIES TO OUR STARTERS!

I'm with you 100% on your assessment...

I agree with just about everything you mentioned.

Out of everyone tonight, Garrett Wolfe impressed the most. He has homerun potential written all over him.

I also thought that the sideline pass to Hass was indicative of everything I have heard about him. The kid has glue on his hands if he consistently makes plays like that.

1. I don't really want to see Vasher back there. He has more important things to do.

i agree wholeheartedly. what the $%#@ is lovie thinking?? put your STARTING corner on the field with 2nd string players to field punts in a freakin pre-season game when the position is locked already by hester????

that is just plain stupid.

i agree wholeheartedly. what the $%#@ is lovie thinking?? put your STARTING corner on the field with 2nd string players to field punts in a freakin pre-season game when the position is locked already by hester????

that is just plain stupid.

Not to mention the fact that D Manning, our nickel back, NOT THE STARTING CORNER, returned kicks in college.

MY take on this:

1.) Got a very good look at Beekman yesterday. His pass blocking is pretty good , his run was not that bad. he was never really dominated yesterday, thats a good sign.

2.) Hass is a Tom Waddle reincarnate. Hands from here to heaven, wish a littlelfaster.

3.) Forte is gonna be exactly what we want in a back. Good debute!!

4.) Hanie will be our starting QB in 2 years. The kid has moxie.

5.) Wolf is going to be a great 3rd down back. he will carry a role much like Dennis Gentry with better running skills.

6.) Babitch will be asked to find another job. Rivera should still be here. He knows how create pressure. Babitch is Not a NFL coord.

This will be a season of major adjustments by JA and Lovie, It will also deteremine thier tenure if they do a bad job.

What happens between now and the regular season will let us all know what will happen next year.

MY take on this:

1.) Got a very good look at Beekman yesterday. His pass blocking is pretty good , his run was not that bad. he was never really dominated yesterday, thats a good sign.

2.) Hass is a Tom Waddle reincarnate. Hands from here to heaven, wish a littlelfaster.

5.) Wolf is going to be a great 3rd down back. he will carry a role much like Dennis Gentry with better running skills.

6.) Babitch will be asked to find another job. Rivera should still be here. He knows how create pressure. Babitch is Not a NFL coord.

This will be a season of major adjustments by JA and Lovie, It will also deteremine thier tenure if they do a bad job.

What happens between now and the regular season will let us all know what will happen next year.

ÇWish I would have watched a bit more to see Hanie and Wolfe. But I agree on Beekman and Forte. I think Forte is the real deal.

And if Babitch can't get it done with the guys we have on D then he should go coach high school. Its just preseason, so I'm gonna give hime the benefit. But not for long.

They run a vanilla defense in the preseason. I will wait until the regular season to pass judgement.

Agreed. At the same time, I think we also saw at least once why staff are concerns over his size (6'2). He can use leverage, but due to his size, DTs remain tall and hurt passing lanes. One pass was batted down, and I am pretty sure it was the DT he was blocking. When you have a bigger OG, the DTs are more likely lower to the ground, or getting blocked down and away, thus making it more difficult for them to bat a pass down. W/ a 6'2 OG, it simply creates a higher wall to have to throw over, which is made worse if we have a 6'1 QB.

It may have been only one catch, but it had plenty of wow factor.

He reminded me so much of TJ in the way he was cutting. His initial cuts were so sharp, and he showed burst out of the cut. Just have to hope he has holes to run through.

Agree he showed a lot of moxie, and I liked so much of what I saw, but lets not jump the gun here.

Agreed. After last night, I am inclinded to say jason may have been more right than wrong. This kid may even be more than a 3rd down back. Still not ready to say he can be a starter like Dunn, but could be more than just a 3rd down back.

AGREED! I have said many times I felt our D did poorly last year, and that injuries were not the only issues. Other defenses had less talent and still did more. Even w/ the injuries we suffered last year, we still had quite a bit of talent, and yet regardless underperformed. But Babich is truly Lovie's boy. Lovie wanted Babich over Rivera years ago, per reports, yet was forced to hire Rivera and thus made Babich a position coach. Then he ran Rivera out of town and promoted his boy. Even if Babich stinks, I have a feeling we could see a Jauron/Shoop issue brewing.

They run a vanilla defense in the preseason. I will wait until the regular season to pass judgement.

That is all well and good, but too much of what I saw last night mirrored what I saw last year, thus I am not sure it is a simple matter of playing vanilla in preseason.

I'd agree if I didn't see the plethora of horrible calls and decisions last season. Only so much can be blamed on injury...

I will wait for final judgement, but I am expecting not so good things...

nfo, you beat me to the punch on that one.

That is all well and good, but too much of what I saw last night mirrored what I saw last year, thus I am not sure it is a simple matter of playing vanilla in preseason.

I threw up a little bit when you mention the Jauron/SHoop loyalty connection...

I truly fear the same.

If so, please can them all...

Agreed. At the same time, I think we also saw at least once why staff are concerns over his size (6'2). He can use leverage, but due to his size, DTs remain tall and hurt passing lanes. One pass was batted down, and I am pretty sure it was the DT he was blocking. When you have a bigger OG, the DTs are more likely lower to the ground, or getting blocked down and away, thus making it more difficult for them to bat a pass down. W/ a 6'2 OG, it simply creates a higher wall to have to throw over, which is made worse if we have a 6'1 QB.

It may have been only one catch, but it had plenty of wow factor.

He reminded me so much of TJ in the way he was cutting. His initial cuts were so sharp, and he showed burst out of the cut. Just have to hope he has holes to run through.

Agree he showed a lot of moxie, and I liked so much of what I saw, but lets not jump the gun here.

Agreed. After last night, I am inclinded to say jason may have been more right than wrong. This kid may even be more than a 3rd down back. Still not ready to say he can be a starter like Dunn, but could be more than just a 3rd down back.

AGREED! I have said many times I felt our D did poorly last year, and that injuries were not the only issues. Other defenses had less talent and still did more. Even w/ the injuries we suffered last year, we still had quite a bit of talent, and yet regardless underperformed. But Babich is truly Lovie's boy. Lovie wanted Babich over Rivera years ago, per reports, yet was forced to hire Rivera and thus made Babich a position coach. Then he ran Rivera out of town and promoted his boy. Even if Babich stinks, I have a feeling we could see a Jauron/Shoop issue brewing.

After watching him last night he better be either red shirted or cut. He was pathetic and even the announcers were saying that he wasn't looking very good in camp either.

Monk may make the practice squad but there is no way he makes the 53 man roster.

I was pleasantly surprised with the play of our OL.

I am very impressed with Forte, Hanie, Wolfe, & Kellen Davis.

Was not overly impressed with Rex or Kyle, but not overly disappointed either. Jury is still out.

WR is going to be a killer position for the Bears coaches to evaluate and decide who makes the 53 man roster.

I did not like the first offensive possession of KC and the play of our 1st string defense during that drive but after that drive they played excellent. Just got off to a very rough start.

The thing I like most about the game, as far as I know or have heard, NO INJURIES TO OUR STARTERS!

Another player that I thought played well was FB Lousaka Polite - made some nice blocks and had a good un up the middle also caught a few passes. I also really love how Hass attacks the football and physical style of going up fo the catch. Great body control.