I hope this is playing possum

Guest TerraTor

I've long said that this team has a chance to be absolutely horrendous. If the defense remembers how to play, maybe the team lucks out and goes 7-9 or 8-8. But if it just repeats what it did last year, we are talking about a 2-4 win team.

If the defense does what it did last year, we'll be picking #1 in the draft in April. Even if the defense plays up to par in the first few games, it's just a matter of time before the fatigue based injuries come up, because the defense will be on the field probably 35-45 minutes per game.

Another great thread brought to you by TerraTor.

And another great post brought to you by Bears88.

I've long said that this team has a chance to be absolutely horrendous. If the defense remembers how to play, maybe the team lucks out and goes 7-9 or 8-8. But if it just repeats what it did last year, we are talking about a 2-4 win team.

As have I. Everyone kept saying how if the defense stayed healthy (which it won't) and if they play well again (which they won't), we could win 9 games. Be real- neither of those two were going to happen. Our offense is just plain bad. 2-4 wins? I agree.

I still say without an emergence from one or two unknowns this year, were going 4-12, 5-11. But that won't stop me from watching haha.

Same here. With season tickets, it's going to be a long year. But knowing we're going to be bad, in a time like this we have to look at the positives, such as: let's hope Forte progresses, let's hope guys like Bennett, Harrison, and Steltz progress, and let's hope Orton can show he can be a quality NFL QB.

If that's the case with Orton, atleast then we can focus on a WR or an OT with the 1st overall pick next year...

As have I. Everyone kept saying how if the defense stayed healthy (which it won't) and if they play well again (which they won't), we could win 9 games. Be real- neither of those two were going to happen. Our offense is just plain bad. 2-4 wins? I agree.

Well now you have taken all the fun out of watching the Bears this year, I already know we are going to be devestated by injuries, the defense will suck, and we will win only 2 to 4 games. Hell, might as well sign up for overtime at work on Sundays, it is hardly worth watching the games. Thanks for the heads up.

Well now you have taken all the fun out of watching the Bears this year, I already know we are going to be devestated by injuries, the defense will suck, and we will win only 2 to 4 games. Hell, might as well sign up for overtime at work on Sundays, it is hardly worth watching the games. Thanks for the heads up.

Nothing like some sarcasm in the morning!!!!!! ;) I will wait until after the 3rd game to start worrying. I think the Indy game is a wash because they are opening a new stadium and will be jacked up. I think we are lambs for the slaughter that day. Week 2 (Carolina) and week 3 (Tampa) are critical. If we look like we do now, it will be a long yr.

Peace :dabears

And another great post brought to you by Bears88.

Same here. With season tickets, it's going to be a long year. But knowing we're going to be bad, in a time like this we have to look at the positives, such as: let's hope Forte progresses, let's hope guys like Bennett, Harrison, and Steltz progress, and let's hope Orton can show he can be a quality NFL QB.

If that's the case with Orton, atleast then we can focus on a WR or an OT with the 1st overall pick next year...

I admit that I'm drinking more koolaid than most others, and I think the Bears D/ST are good enough to bring about a winning record. However, if things don't go well, and the Bears' do end up with an early first rounder next year, they better not draft a dumbass WR in the first round. That would be an atrocious move.

I admit that I'm drinking more koolaid than most others, and I think the Bears D/ST are good enough to bring about a winning record. However, if things don't go well, and the Bears' do end up with an early first rounder next year, they better not draft a dumbass WR in the first round. That would be an atrocious move.

Depends. While not all together probable, what if

(a) Orton actually develops this year and looks good. You might say if that happens, we are likely to win more games, but if the D plays as they have, that is far from a sure thing.

(B) Forte develops well and becomes a very good RB.

© Williams comes back later in the year, and looks like the stud he was drafted to be.

One of the young OL develops and looks good.

There is no question I would rather an OL pick, but it also depends on value. What if there simply aren't good options. On the other hand, if we have the QB and RB positions settled, and there is a stud WR there?

I am not big on drafting WR in the 1st, but I do see the benefit if you are set at QB and RB. OL is still a priority, but I would not write it off today. If Orton does develop, then I think the priorities should be (a) OL to protect him and (B) provide him w/ weapons.

Nothing like some sarcasm in the morning!!!!!! ;) I will wait until after the 3rd game to start worrying. I think the Indy game is a wash because they are opening a new stadium and will be jacked up. I think we are lambs for the slaughter that day. Week 2 (Carolina) and week 3 (Tampa) are critical. If we look like we do now, it will be a long yr.

Peace :dabears

I would say there is plenty of reason to worry, but that doesn't mean we write off the season, or start looking to pickup extra hours on Sundays.

I still want Laurinaitis! ;) But all (quasi) kidding aside, it just depends so much...

I'm holding for Laurinaitis becuase I fear Urlacher won't be reliable too much longer.

Depends. While not all together probable, what if

(a) Orton actually develops this year and looks good. You might say if that happens, we are likely to win more games, but if the D plays as they have, that is far from a sure thing.

(B) Forte develops well and becomes a very good RB.

© Williams comes back later in the year, and looks like the stud he was drafted to be.

One of the young OL develops and looks good.

There is no question I would rather an OL pick, but it also depends on value. What if there simply aren't good options. On the other hand, if we have the QB and RB positions settled, and there is a stud WR there?

I am not big on drafting WR in the 1st, but I do see the benefit if you are set at QB and RB. OL is still a priority, but I would not write it off today. If Orton does develop, then I think the priorities should be (a) OL to protect him and (B) provide him w/ weapons.

What do you see being our strong point this year?

What do you see being our weak point this year?

James Laurinaitis, the next great Lithuanian American linbacker since Dick Butkus... I may have some slight bias. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Laurinaitis

Not to knock the kid, but I will be sick if we draft a LB. Urlacher may be on the decline, but we have depth at LB. On the other hand, we have an offense in dire need of immediate starters.

You really don't know who James Lauranitis is?

Sorry, but I am simply not a huge college football fan. I follow college mostly for the NFL draft. I don't get too interested in players who are before they appear ready to enter the league. Texas colleges would be the exception (and Notre Dame) as I can't help but to follow them.