Orton SUCKS

Da Bears 88

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the end of the season the defense was devastated by injuries. I know Grossman sucked in the beginning of last year, Im not debating that. Im saying, the beginning of this season the defense has been much better than the end of last year.

Anderson sucks, Harris is still injured, and Urlacher had a neck/spine surgery over the offseason. Plus, this team is another year older. Isn't that a wash between Rex last year and Orton this year, in terms of a supporting cast?

0 TD's in 2 games. Time for Rex again.

This just shows you why Orton has absolutely no business being a #1 QB.

what i find funny is how everyone cant remember what Rex did when he gets in there. We dont not have a NFL caliber QB on this team. the quicker we all realize that the quicker we can get over it.

They were on the field too much.

We went on a 5 minute drive from the end of the 3rd to the start of the 4th, Gould missed a FG, Tampa turned it over after a 1 minute drive, the Bears then went on a 4 minute drive and scored another TD. So after 8 minutes, after the math, of not being on the field, that's the excuse?

Time of possession today (including OT): Bears - 39:17; Bucs - 31:22. To say the D was on the field too long, before OT, is ludicrous.

Ya, including 4:59 in the 4th quarter...you know, when the defense broke down? Our offense couldnt even keep the ball for 1/3 the time in the 4th quarter. In the beginning of the game when,when we were running it and keeping our defense off the field they werent scoring much, except that int for a td of course.

I also cant believe you seriously are going to try and change his stats and make that int a td. Thats hilarious, sure Forte dropped it, but because of how under thrown it was.

I didn't. I took it back. 2TDs, 1 pick. no fumbles is more fair, but certainly not kind. The defender had his back turned the whole time and Orton took advantage of it. Hit Forte right in the breadbasket and the other guy stripped it away. You're arugment is seriously flimsy. Forte was too well covered to do it any other way. Now, the Booker pass was obviously underthrown, but I'm not talking about that play, and that play didn't turn a TD into a INT.

Today Orton showed he can avoid pressure, run for first downs, hit deep passes, execute screens, lead long drives, recover from a serious mental error, and protect the ball. It's absolutley CRAZY to talk about replacing him after next game...unless hypothetically you've got someone clearly better and available (which you don't). We were likely one wide open Rashied Davis drop away from winning that game in overtime with Orton at QB.

So you dont think Orton under throws WRs? In the bad way...

This has nothing to do with anything. You said that Rex is better because last year he had AP and not Forte. Well, I don't remember Rex ever trying to hit AP on a screen, or down the field. Do you? No. So, don't blame Orton for utilizing his RB. Rex could have had less TOs and less tipped passes had he just threw it to his RB out of the backfield. It's not like Forte is LT catching the ball and AP is Benson- both can catch it, Orton just realized it first.

This has nothing to do with anything. You said that Rex is better because last year he had AP and not Forte. Well, I don't remember Rex ever trying to hit AP on a screen, or down the field. Do you? No. So, don't blame Orton for utilizing his RB. Rex could have had less TOs and less tipped passes had he just threw it to his RB out of the backfield. It's not like Forte is LT catching the ball and AP is Benson- both can catch it, Orton just realized it first.

No, I said Orton sucks and I dont want to turn this into a Rex debate. I did say IMO I think hes better but I also said I was talking about Orton. I dont think either is the answer but to hear someone criticize Rex and defend Orton is a joke. Orton sucks, bad. It has nothing to do with Grossman. My opinion about Grossman isnt going to change which is why Im not debating it, Im pointing out the hypocrisy.

I didn't. I took it back. 2TDs, 1 pick. no fumbles is more fair, but certainly not kind. The defender had his back turned the whole time and Orton took advantage of it. Hit Forte right in the breadbasket and the other guy stripped it away. You're arugment is seriously flimsy. Forte was too well covered to do it any other way. Now, the Booker pass was obviously underthrown, but I'm not talking about that play, and that play didn't turn a TD into a INT.

Today Orton showed he can avoid pressure, run for first downs, hit deep passes, execute screens, lead long drives, recover from a serious mental error, and protect the ball. It's absolutley CRAZY to talk about replacing him after next game...unless hypothetically you've got someone clearly better and available (which you don't). We were likely one wide open Rashied Davis drop away from winning that game in overtime with Orton at QB.

No, it was underthrown

Come on, Orton completely underthrew the ball. Its one thing to underthrow on a jump ball when both the WR/CB are in the same spot, but in that instance Forte had a couple steps and a good pass and its a TD. I was chanting for Grossman for the first few quarters, but Orton did step things up and was better.

He didn't hit many guys in stride, even in the 2nd half, but he did sucessfully go down field. At the end of the day, he made a great throw to Rashied who freakin whiffed on it and than of course there was that dumbshit penalty by Tillman. I realize he got punched but I don't care at all, you can't do something that freakin stupid.

All that said, he still gets a C and thats not good enough.

:rolleyes:

He was crap. Yeah he completed some deep passes, but he can never get the ball to the receivers so they can get the YAC. Everyone has to stop and wait for the ball. Lloyd had to stop and make a catch, if he was led, it's 6. Booker had to stop to try and make a catch, if he was led, it's 6. Forte had to stop to try and make a catch, if he is led it's 6. You want to give Orton credit for a TD on this play??? Give me a break...it was a terrible pass. This offense is not good enough to let the few times receivers do get open pass them by.

BTW if I was Gruden TB would be running the offense from the no huddle all the time. Clearly that is when Griese is at his best. He showed it when he was here and he showed it again today.

:rolleyes:

No, I said Orton sucks and I dont want to turn this into a Rex debate. I did say IMO I think hes better but I also said I was talking about Orton. I dont think either is the answer but to hear someone criticize Rex and defend Orton is a joke. Orton sucks, bad. It has nothing to do with Grossman. My opinion about Grossman isnt going to change which is why Im not debating it, Im pointing out the hypocrisy.

Right, so Rex played bad last year because the defense, another phase of football, was banged up and we didn't have Forte.

Right. Bring him back today, and we probably finish 14-2 and win it all. :rolleyes:

Look, both guys aren't the answer. But to think we win today with Rex, or we'd be 3-0 with Rex, is such a joke, it's ridiculous. I've said it before and I'll say it again- if we are going to suck, I hope we suck enough to get a top 7 pick. I want a franchise QB.

Right, so Rex played bad last year because the defense, another phase of football, was banged up and we didn't have Forte.

Right. Bring him back today, and we probably finish 14-2 and win it all. :rolleyes:

Look, both guys aren't the answer. But to think we win today with Rex, or we'd be 3-0 with Rex, is such a joke, it's ridiculous. I've said it before and I'll say it again- if we are going to suck, I hope we suck enough to get a top 7 pick. I want a franchise QB.

I get that you argue with Bears 88 about this a lot and he handles it much differently than me, but seriously, youre acting just like he does. Im stating my OPINION and I get a sarcastic, right, cuz if he was in we would go 14-2.

Its my opinion that the past 2 games could have been won if we could hit a man deep. I think Grossman can do that. We lost two games where we had 10+ point leads with less than 5 minutes left and I think we should be 3-0 and all of a sudden Im saying we would be 14-2? This past game, Orton made too many mistakes. Id rather see Hanie in there then him.

Ya, including 4:59 in the 4th quarter...you know, when the defense broke down? Our offense couldnt even keep the ball for 1/3 the time in the 4th quarter. In the beginning of the game when,when we were running it and keeping our defense off the field they werent scoring much, except that int for a td of course.

That is such a garbage excuse for the D. You know the offense was tired as well, and the D had plenty of rest until that point. This just shows how out of shape our D is. They are great for a half, but after that and going into the 4th, they break down. You know why? Because they are "too good" to have to spend the time in the offseason to work on getting better. Look at what the D did in preseason, they took it easy and looked like crap. If their preseason was any indication of what they did in the offseason, it should be no surprise to see them being gassed come the 4th quarter.