Orton SUCKS

Da Bears 88

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you're crazy. 3 TD's and 1 pick. 22/34 and 268yds.

Ok, maybe it's not fair to give orton a TD for that play where the TB player stole the ball from Forte's hands, but at least you take away the pick...and that's still 2 TD's and 1 pick, no fumbles, and he completed some deep passes too, which is something everyone wanted to see. 3rd game as a legitimate starter (not 2nd string filling in for the 1st). And he TOTALLY recovered from his meltdown.

I still want to see more myself, but "one more game or else" is crazy talk.

Come on, Orton completely underthrew the ball. Its one thing to underthrow on a jump ball when both the WR/CB are in the same spot, but in that instance Forte had a couple steps and a good pass and its a TD. I was chanting for Grossman for the first few quarters, but Orton did step things up and was better.

He didn't hit many guys in stride, even in the 2nd half, but he did sucessfully go down field. At the end of the day, he made a great throw to Rashied who freakin whiffed on it and than of course there was that dumbshit penalty by Tillman. I realize he got punched but I don't care at all, you can't do something that freakin stupid.

All that said, he still gets a C and thats not good enough.

Come on, Orton completely underthrew the ball. Its one thing to underthrow on a jump ball when both the WR/CB are in the same spot, but in that instance Forte had a couple steps and a good pass and its a TD. I was chanting for Grossman for the first few quarters, but Orton did step things up and was better.

He didn't hit many guys in stride, even in the 2nd half, but he did sucessfully go down field. At the end of the day, he made a great throw to Rashied who freakin whiffed on it and than of course there was that dumbshit penalty by Tillman. I realize he got punched but I don't care at all, you can't do something that freakin stupid.

All that said, he still gets a C and thats not good enough.

I was thinking the same thing. On the Bears last drive before the half, if they didnt get that field goal, I might think Grossman would have been considered. IMO, he pretty much had a one drive audition to remain in the game and at least got a field goal.

Orton did things Rex would never do. Little things like making good throws on check downs and stepping up in the pocket.

I'm a tad encouraged by Kyle if he gets into a rhythm with Lloyd. He obviously got better as the game went on.

His audibles are awful though.

At the end of last year Rex was checking down to AP quite a bit. If Lloyd could make those types of catches for Grossman they might be a dangerous tandem, coupled with Forte, who is going to continue to see 12 man fronts. His int for a td was considerably worse than I think I have ever seen Rex do, and we lost in overtime. I think we will see Grossman this season and I think he is going to impress.

Dude, you're crazy. 3 TD's and 1 pick. 22/34 and 268yds.

Ok, maybe it's not fair to give orton a TD for that play where the TB player stole the ball from Forte's hands, but at least you take away the pick...and that's still 2 TD's and 1 pick, no fumbles, and he completed some deep passes too, which is something everyone wanted to see. 3rd game as a legitimate starter (not 2nd string filling in for the 1st). And he TOTALLY recovered from his meltdown.

I still want to see more myself, but "one more game or else" is crazy talk.

He was crap. Yeah he completed some deep passes, but he can never get the ball to the receivers so they can get the YAC. Everyone has to stop and wait for the ball. Lloyd had to stop and make a catch, if he was led, it's 6. Booker had to stop to try and make a catch, if he was led, it's 6. Forte had to stop to try and make a catch, if he is led it's 6. You want to give Orton credit for a TD on this play??? Give me a break...it was a terrible pass. This offense is not good enough to let the few times receivers do get open pass them by.

BTW if I was Gruden TB would be running the offense from the no huddle all the time. Clearly that is when Griese is at his best. He showed it when he was here and he showed it again today.

At the end of last year Rex was checking down to AP quite a bit. If Lloyd could make those types of catches for Grossman they might be a dangerous tandem, coupled with Forte, who is going to continue to see 12 man fronts. His int for a td was considerably worse than I think I have ever seen Rex do, and we lost in overtime. I think we will see Grossman this season and I think he is going to impress.

History is against that.

That interception to Jason Taylor a couple years ago was brutal to watch though.. I think all Kyle did today was save his job for another start. I like how they got Forte involved in the passing game. That's how you can compensate for Orton's inability to throw the deep ball. Another way is like what we saw with Lloyd, the YARDS AFTER THE CATCH. The spin that gained 21 yards and the big crossing route plays racked up major yardage to KO's stats. That softens up the defense when you can get big plays like that. I'd still like to see us get Jones involved more. Forte looked kinda slow on 2 of his last 3 carries. He didn't even get accelerated.

He was crap. Yeah he completed some deep passes, but he can never get the ball to the receivers so they can get the YAC. Everyone has to stop and wait for the ball. Lloyd had to stop and make a catch, if he was led, it's 6. Booker had to stop to try and make a catch, if he was led, it's 6. Forte had to stop to try and make a catch, if he is led it's 6. You want to give Orton credit for a TD on this play??? Give me a break...it was a terrible pass. This offense is not good enough to let the few times receivers do get open pass them by.

BTW if I was Gruden TB would be running the offense from the no huddle all the time. Clearly that is when Griese is at his best. He showed it when he was here and he showed it again today.

Our defense also appeared to pack it in which is pretty aggravating. We need a steady pass rush. We were talking about it in the chat room, whenever there was anyone near Griese he just gunned it. they were normally thrown away or picked or whatever. Instead he can sit in the pocket and pick apart our bullshit "Tampa 2" defense which he practices against every day. Monte Kiffen knows every weakness of that defense. he invented it for christs sakes. How about some variety.

That interception to Jason Taylor a couple years ago was brutal to watch though.. I think all Kyle did today was save his job for another start. I like how they got Forte involved in the passing game. That's how you can compensate for Orton's inability to throw the deep ball. Another way is like what we saw with Lloyd, the YARDS AFTER THE CATCH. The spin that gained 21 yards and the big crossing route plays racked up major yardage to KO's stats. That softens up the defense when you can get big plays like that. I'd still like to see us get Jones involved more. Forte looked kinda slow on 2 of his last 3 carries. He didn't even get accelerated.

I agree. Im talking about the end of last year, from the Raider game on. He seemed like he finally understood about checking down and throwing it away.

Regardless of his 2nd half. He sucked again.

Pft if Rex threw 2 INT's like he did today, people would want to kill him.

But, Orton played "fine" with those 2 INT's.........lol.

Especially that one he gift wrapped to the guy.

Rex Grossman's first 3 games to start last year....

At SD QBrating-53.7 Yards-145 Long-24 TD's-0 INt's-1 Sacks-3

KC QBrating 56.0 Yards-160 Long-21 TD's-1 INT's-2 Sacks-3

Dal QBrating-27.5 Yards-195 Long-52 TD's-0 INT's-3 Sacks 3

Totals for first 3- Yards-500 Long-52 TD's-1 INT's-6 Sacks 9

Orton's first 3 games this season....

@Indy QBrating 83.4 Yards-150 Long-29 TD's-0 INT's-0 Sacks-2

@Car QBrating 71.0 Yards-149 Long-32 TD's-o INT's 0 Sacks-1

TB QBrating- 83.9 Yards-268 Long-27TD's2 INT's 2 Sacks-3

Total for first 3 games for Orton..

Yards-567 Long-32 TD's 2 INT's 2 Sacks-6

Orton has clearly had a better start to this year then Grossman had last year. His lowest QB rating was 71 compared to Grossman's highest of 56. He has double the TD's and one third the INT's as Grossman had. He's also only been sacked 2/3rd's as much as Grossman was. Grossman did have an over all long pass of 52 in the first 3 games, but all of orton's 3 games, he passed for longer then Rex did in the other 2.

At that point, keep in mind, Rex had alot more experience in the NFL then Orton has so far.

I don't see why all the griping over Orton. Has he been great? No he hasn't. Is he the best option on the team, I think a good argument can be mad he is.

Rex Grossman's first 3 games to start last year....

At SD QBrating-53.7 Yards-145 Long-24 TD's-0 INt's-1 Sacks-3

KC QBrating 56.0 Yards-160 Long-21 TD's-1 INT's-2 Sacks-3

Dal QBrating-27.5 Yards-195 Long-52 TD's-0 INT's-3 Sacks 3

Totals for first 3- Yards-500 Long-52 TD's-1 INT's-6 Sacks 9

Orton's first 3 games this season....

@Indy QBrating 83.4 Yards-150 Long-29 TD's-0 INT's-0 Sacks-2

@Car QBrating 71.0 Yards-149 Long-32 TD's-o INT's 0 Sacks-1

TB QBrating- 83.9 Yards-268 Long-27TD's2 INT's 2 Sacks-3

Total for first 3 games for Orton..

Yards-567 Long-32 TD's 2 INT's 2 Sacks-6

Orton has clearly had a better start to this year then Grossman had last year. His lowest QB rating was 71 compared to Grossman's highest of 56. He has double the TD's and one third the INT's as Grossman had. He's also only been sacked 2/3rd's as much as Grossman was. Grossman did have an over all long pass of 52 in the first 3 games, but all of orton's 3 games, he passed for longer then Rex did in the other 2.

At that point, keep in mind, Rex had alot more experience in the NFL then Orton has so far.

I don't see why all the griping over Orton. Has he been great? No he hasn't. Is he the best option on the team, I think a good argument can be mad he is.

throw out the come from behind victory Grossman had at Oakland I guess too. Also, the fact Orton has a running game and the defense is much better.

Regardless of his 2nd half. He sucked again.

Pft if Rex threw 2 INT's like he did today, people would want to kill him.

But, Orton played "fine" with those 2 INT's.........lol.

Especially that one he gift wrapped to the guy.

Regardless of the 2nd half, he sucked? You were b****ing on here for a week about whe he throws a TD and 200 yards, then you'll consider Orton being better. So, Orton throws 2 TDs, and 200+ yards, and he still sucks.

And don't act like Rex has never gift-wrapped an INT, see last year vs Miami.

Regardless of the 2nd half, he sucked? You were b****ing on here for a week about whe he throws a TD and 200 yards, then you'll consider Orton being better. So, Orton throws 2 TDs, and 200+ yards, and he still sucks.

And don't act like Rex has never gift-wrapped an INT, see last year vs Miami.

That was 2 years ago. I think Ortons 2 picks and multiple under throws are more the problem.

throw out the come from behind victory Grossman had at Oakland I guess too. Also, the fact Orton has a running game and the defense is much better.

Oakland was week 10. I didn't throw it out. I was comparing the 3 Games in which Grossman got benched, compared to the first 3 games Orton has played this year.

I would disagree the D is much better. The team held SD to 14 points the first game and KC to 10 the second, before gettin killed by Dal in a game Grossman had 3 int's.

Side note... the one TD Grossman had at that point was to John St. Clair. The only offensive TD other then that was a run by Benson.

On some deep throws, you have to under-throw them. CBs and Ss are usually the fastest guys on the field, and if you lead a WR, the DB will just get to the ball quicker.

I agree. But not on the pass that was picked to Forte, the pass where he under threw Booker where he was wide open for a td and the numerous times the WRs had to wait for the ball so could get any yac. jason, dbdb, back me up on this man lol

LMAO... when will people realize Grossman is not good. He is quite simply a head case. I'm not gonna sit here and say Orton is good, but he is certainly better then Grossman. Unlike Grossman, Orton actually has some pocket presence, can take a sack (instead of back pedaling 10+ yards and then either getting sacked or picked), is a much better game manager, and I think the team as a whole has more support behind Orton.

Do we need a better QB? Of course, but to think Grossman is the answer and would have lead this team to a 3-0 record on this season is as crazy as thinking Orton is the answer at QB.

Neither are the answer, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd easily pick Orton.

Oakland was week 10. I didn't throw it out. I was comparing the 3 Games in which Grossman got benched, compared to the first 3 games Orton has played this year.

I would disagree the D is much better. The team held SD to 14 points the first game and KC to 10 the second, before gettin killed by Dal in a game Grossman had 3 int's.

Side note... the one TD Grossman had at that point was to John St. Clair. The only offensive TD other then that was a run by Benson.

By the end of the season the defense was devastated by injuries. I know Grossman sucked in the beginning of last year, Im not debating that. Im saying, the beginning of this season the defense has been much better than the end of last year.

LMAO... when will people realize Grossman is not good. He is quite simply a head case. I'm not gonna sit here and say Orton is good, but he is certainly better then Grossman. Unlike Grossman, Orton actually has some pocket presence, can take a sack (instead of back pedaling 10+ yards and then either getting sacked or picked), is a much better game manager, and I think the team as a whole has more support behind Orton.

Do we need a better QB? Of course, but to think Grossman is the answer and would have lead this team to a 3-0 record on this season is as crazy as thinking Orton is the answer at QB.

Neither are the answer, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd easily pick Orton.

Im mainly trying to say Orton sucks and its turning into a Grossman thread.

I agree. But not on the pass that was picked to Forte, the pass where he under threw Booker where he was wide open for a td and the numerous times the WRs had to wait for the ball so could get any yac. jason, dbdb, back me up on this man lol

The one with Forte was under-thrown, but it still should have been caught. To say because it was underthrown it wasn't Forte's fault is stupid.