Orton SUCKS

Da Bears 88

I mean for god sakes Tarvaris Jackson has more passing yards than Orton.

That's just downright sad. Because, i think Jackson is the worst QB in the NFL.

Orton isn't too far behind him.

Tell me how many INTs Grossman had in 2006, and tell me how many Orton had in 2005.

And don't even say Grossman had more TDs because I'll take less TDs/less INTs over more TDs/more INTs/fumbles any day.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean for god sakes Tarvaris Jackson has more passing yards than Orton.

That's just downright sad. Because, i think Jackson is the worst QB in the NFL.

Orton isn't too far behind him.

do you forget that Jackson has one of the better offensive lines in football, the best running game in football, and two solid receiving targets in Berrian and Rice?

It's a silly question. It hinges on that you're biating the answerer to think there is a chance of winning the Super Bowl.

The choice should be"

1. 1st Round Exit

2. Super Bowl loss

I'd rather take the first round exit. It's less painful and doesn't doom you for the next season.

Will you take a first round exit or Super Bowl?

Rex's inability to come through in the clutch is why we lost games.

TAKE THIS FOR EXAMPLE:

At the moment, the Bears are low on QB skill (yes we all know this) so we need to find a new route don't we? We will win this season due to Special Teams and Defense, certainly not offense.

With this being said, what's the goal?

Limit the turnovers on offense and let the D stop them and get the turnovers themselves.

Our D is proven that they can force multiple turnovers per game, and put points on the board along with the Special Teams.

Having Grossman in there DECREASES our chances of winning due to his habit of turning the ball over (fumbles and turnovers). At the moment, Orton is making smart decisions, hence a 0 INT for the 1st 2 games of the season.

Point out that he has 0 TDs, who cares? We would have won last game had Olsen learned to hold on to the ball. Orton played fine, smart decisions, sure he needs to learn to throw the long ball, but jesus guys. It's his FIRST REAL SEASON as starting quarterback. Rookie year did NOT count. Who starts a 4th round QB the entire season by choice? Let alone, what 4th round QB is actually READY for the season the year they get drafted.

It's absurd for anyone to think that Grossman can carry this team this season, and to keep arguing this point is a waste of everyones' time.

TAKE THIS FOR EXAMPLE:

At the moment, the Bears are low on QB skill (yes we all know this) so we need to find a new route don't we? We will win this season due to Special Teams and Defense, certainly not offense.

With this being said, what's the goal?

Limit the turnovers on offense and let the D stop them and get the turnovers themselves.

Our D is proven that they can force multiple turnovers per game, and put points on the board along with the Special Teams.

Having Grossman in there DECREASES our chances of winning due to his habit of turning the ball over (fumbles and turnovers). At the moment, Orton is making smart decisions, hence a 0 INT for the 1st 2 games of the season.

Point out that he has 0 TDs, who cares? We would have won last game had Olsen learned to hold on to the ball. Orton played fine, smart decisions, sure he needs to learn to throw the long ball, but jesus guys. It's his FIRST REAL SEASON as starting quarterback. Rookie year did NOT count. Who starts a 4th round QB the entire season by choice? Let alone, what 4th round QB is actually READY for the season the year they get drafted.

It's absurd for anyone to think that Grossman can carry this team this season, and to keep arguing this point is a waste of everyones' time.

And how many times did we hear that in defence of Rex??

I thought he was pretty clutch in the NFC Championship game in 2006.

Regardless, I just think Rex was good when he's had protection and a decent running game (early 2006). Take protection away and Rex is a completely different QB, and I think the same can be said about most QBs.

All that said, I want to reitirate that it is NOT time to pull Kyle. He should at least get 2 more games to show if he is more than just a game manager.

Regardless, I just think Rex was good when he's had protection and a decent running game (early 2006). Take protection away and Rex is a completely different QB, and I think the same can be said about most QBs.

All that said, I want to reitirate that it is NOT time to pull Kyle. He should at least get 2 more games to show if he is more than just a game manager.

I mean, you could definitley make a case for Rex to be a clutch player. In the last 5 of 6 games of 2006, the defense gave up around 24 points per game, yet we went 5-1 (the 6th game was the GB game, I'm not counting that, it was just an awful all-around game).

And yet, Rex played so bad in so many other games. Minnesota x2 in 2006, Arizona in 2006, Miami in 2006, New England in 2006, and the first 3 games of the 2007 season (@ SD, KC, and DAL).

His act just got old. I'd rather be going to games/watching the games on TV knowing what I'm going to get every day then having to be guessing if we'll see Rex or Wrecks.

I know i'm comparing apples and oranges when it comes to our QB's.

But, here are some career stats for Orton vs Rex:

QB Rating:

Orton: 63.7

Rex: 70.9

Y/G:

Orton: 132.3

Rex: 184.6

Y/A:

Orton: 5.3

Rex 6.6

Cut the crap Lovie and put the better QB in. Rex should be the man.

Call me a Rex fan boy or whatever. But, he's the better QB.

Yes, i know it's not saying much with our QB history.

QB Rating:

Y/G:

Y/A:

Rex 6.6

Why didn't you include turning the ball over as a comparison?

QB Rating:

Y/G:

Y/A:

Rex 6.6

Man I did the statistical thing during camp. Statistically, rex is a better QB.

Then people said I would rather win. Well Rex and Kyle's winning percentage was the same. Plus Rex's playoff record is better. So whatever. People are not going to give Rex credit for the Super Bowl season at all. Thats fine. They hate just to hate sometimes. Like the logic that it is better to lose in the first round of the playoffs than lose the Super Bowl. That sort of thinking makes no sense to me. The bottom line is that Rex's time has gone. He did well while he was here, got us to a Super Bowl, but was hurt alot and to much of a gunslinger for people and was not appeciated for the good stuff that he did.

At this point, Orton needs to get past the issues I had with him in training camp. Consistant accuracy is huge. Not hitting wide open receivers is not acceptable. Audibleing into WORSE plays than the original call is not acceptable. We can give him a game like this to "learn" but at this point its time to show that he can be more than just a game manager. He is going to need to show that he can lead a team down the field to win a ball game.

If he does not improve, then I would like to see what we have in Hanie before we waste another pick on a QB.

Giving him only 2 more games? That's ridiculous! Rex was a turnover monster last season before we pulled his butt out!

Until Orton does the same, he deserves the same opportunity. Which means, he still has 4 games to royally F up. So far he has none. If Orton keeps doing what he did last week, overall I'm satisfied. Rex offers nothing more. It's just clear we don't have a long term QB. We need to draft or trade for one. If Orton flips the switch and starts playing well, I'll be pleasantly shocked. As of now, he appears to be a very good seat keeper for the next QB.

Given your stats, which are accurate, but also leave out important stats like turnover as BrianBear mentioned...the point is somewhat moot.

Neither 2 look good enough to be legit QB's. Grossman has far more games in that mix. So until Kyle gets that same number...it's an unfiar comparison.

Even with that. It's all about the intangibles when you're comparing such lowly stats... Which guy does what with what. Rex offers us the biggest chance to make a big play, yet also offers the biggest chance to make a big blunder. Kyle is just hte opposite.

Grossman seem to have the physical ability but no brain. Orton seems to have the brain and little physical ability. Give me the brain given all else...

QB Rating:

Y/G:

Y/A:

Rex 6.6

I like Hanie...but if Orton proves to be just what we're seeing, we better damn well draft a QB high in the draft. We cannot hope & pray an udrafted QB will be the answer. Look at Green Bay...they had Rodgers yet still made plays for high level prospects. Wonder why they haven't missed a beat while we keep missing?

Man I did the statistical thing during camp. Statistically, rex is a better QB.

Then people said I would rather win. Well Rex and Kyle's winning percentage was the same. Plus Rex's playoff record is better. So whatever. People are not going to give Rex credit for the Super Bowl season at all. Thats fine. They hate just to hate sometimes. Like the logic that it is better to lose in the first round of the playoffs than lose the Super Bowl. That sort of thinking makes no sense to me. The bottom line is that Rex's time has gone. He did well while he was here, got us to a Super Bowl, but was hurt alot and to much of a gunslinger for people and was not appeciated for the good stuff that he did.

At this point, Orton needs to get past the issues I had with him in training camp. Consistant accuracy is huge. Not hitting wide open receivers is not acceptable. Audibleing into WORSE plays than the original call is not acceptable. We can give him a game like this to "learn" but at this point its time to show that he can be more than just a game manager. He is going to need to show that he can lead a team down the field to win a ball game.

If he does not improve, then I would like to see what we have in Hanie before we waste another pick on a QB.

INT's

Orton 15 (13 his first year)

Grossman 33

Fumbles

Orton 7 (6 his first year)

Grossman 7

C'mon, if you're gonna compare turnovers, it's only fair to compare TDs as well. I'm willing to give Kyle one more week to do something and if this is all we're gonna get, I rather gamble the season with Rex than to die a slooooooooow death with Kyle.

Dude, you're crazy. 3 TD's and 1 pick. 22/34 and 268yds.

Ok, maybe it's not fair to give orton a TD for that play where the TB player stole the ball from Forte's hands, but at least you take away the pick...and that's still 2 TD's and 1 pick, no fumbles, and he completed some deep passes too, which is something everyone wanted to see. 3rd game as a legitimate starter (not 2nd string filling in for the 1st). And he TOTALLY recovered from his meltdown.

I still want to see more myself, but "one more game or else" is crazy talk.

Ok, maybe it's not fair to give orton a TD for that play where the TB player stole the ball from Forte's hands, but at least you take away the pick...and that's still 2 TD's and 1 pick, no fumbles, and he completed some deep passes too, which is something everyone wanted to see. 3rd game as a legitimate starter (not 2nd string filling in for the 1st). And he TOTALLY recovered from his meltdown.

That pick in the end zone was under thrown. No way you can just take any blame off of Orton. the only reason his numbers were even decent is because of Lloyds amazing catches on terrible passes. He threw a pass to a defensive lineman directly for a td. He was getting the ball at mid field and all we were getting was field goals. if Orton is gonna be getting sacked, throwing ints in our end zone and throwing ints for tds than why have him in there? He is supposed to be the guy who can feel pressure and not make mistakes. I hope were not playing him because of his ability to under throw Booker and Forte for wide open tds.

Orton did the same exact thing all Grossman haters bitch about this game, throw stupid ints and not feeling pressure, but all of a sudden you guys are defending it. The ONLY difference between Grossman and Orton being on the field if Orton is gonna play like this is that Grossman gives us the deep threat, which would have resulted in more points today. Pretend Grossman isnt in this conversation for a second and its just talking about Orton and nobody would think he didnt play a terrible game. Lloyd made him look good at the end but his accuracy AND arm strength are so ridiculous that teams dont even have to drop their safeties deep at all. Orton is playing because of his decision making, not making mistakes and pocket presence. Every week he is getting worse at all those things.

I also cant believe you seriously are going to try and change his stats and make that int a td. Thats hilarious, sure Forte dropped it, but because of how under thrown it was.