Orton SUCKS

Da Bears 88

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton has been cautious with his passing, which is what the Bears requested of him. Don't say he sucks when the coaches are telling him "Just don't throw INTs"

Rex, as I wanted him to start, would have thrown a lot of bad plays and would have caved under the pressure in situations. Don't throw Orton out of the game just yet.

He almost had a TD today btw, but was called at the 1 yard line ;)

Orton has been cautious with his passing, which is what the Bears requested of him. Don't say he sucks when the coaches are telling him "Just don't throw INTs"

Rex, as I wanted him to start, would have thrown a lot of bad plays and would have caved under the pressure in situations. Don't throw Orton out of the game just yet.

Technically, it should have been a TD- he was never touched and the ball was literally laying on the line.

Orton managed the Bears into a loss. However, It would be bad for the team to go into a competition or even throw out Grossmans name right now. Orton gets at least 4 starts (most likely 6, unless he's hideous the next 2 games). At that point if Orton isn't making some improvements you might consider playing Rex.

However, the reality is the Bears are riding on Orton. IF he fails, than Rex could come in, but regardless it means the Bears need to find a #1 this off-season. If Orton succeeds, than the Bears have there QB. Because of that you'll see them give Kyle every chance to succeed.

He almost also threw three picks.

He needs to improve quickly.

Not sure why the Bears did not challege that play but they scored anyway so it does not matter. Horrible play calling. 4th and one they need to spread the field and then if notheing is there I would have be happier to see a QB sneek than the FB dive!

When we have no running game we'll be in even more trouble.

Orton and his noodled ass arm belongs back on the bench.

He's proven absolutely nothing to me. Bench his ass.

Rex is the best QB on this team. Put him in.

At least he can throw the deep ball and put up better numbers.

Says who/what? His 25 INTs?

How many times have you slept with Rex? More than once I take it?..

This game would have been over in the 1st half if Rex started cause of the dumbass ints or fumbles he commit cause of the Carolina pressure.

Rex is not an option for me. Hanie is the next in line if Orton cant do it. I've seen enough of Wrecks.

Exactly. It's easy for Mrs. Grossman, I mean Bears88, to come on here and say that Rex would have completed that pass to Booker, or to Davis, wouldn't have checked down into a pass on the 3rd and 1 play, etc.

But during the course of the game, maybe he throws 2 INTs and fumbles once, and doesn't complete that one where Orton threaded the needle to Forte late in the game in-between Garza and Beason, or maybe he does make that throw to Lloyd where instead of throwing it deep into a safety and a CB, he threw it short, giving Brandon enough time to come back and catch it for a 30 yard completion.

Maybe the one poster likes Rex more than he should, but some of you are seemingly the same way with Orton. You would think we never won a game with Grossman as QB with the way some of you talk. All I know is Orton has shown through 2 games he can not complete the deep pass, if so we would of won this game easily. The Panthers realized this and adjusted after Orton initially looked very good. Unless Orton is able to throw the ball downfield and he has had the opportunities these next few games will be very ugly.

Also, Grossman did throw the ball away plenty in pre-season so maybe he has changed. We will soon find out Id imagine unless Orton improves.

I've been a Rex supporter and I like what he can do when he has some protection and a running game (early 2006), but it is still too early to bring him in. The staff agreed to give Kyle a shot and we have to live with that decision for a few more games.

Yea, it's far to early to start the QB rotation. Lovie is going to stick with Orton. I just wish they could go downfield a bit more often.

Yea, it's far to early to start the QB rotation. Lovie is going to stick with Orton. I just wish they could go downfield a bit more often.

If Olsen does not make those two fumbles do we win the game, yes. Would we have this thread, probably not. Would we talking bringing in Rex, probably not.

He's averaged just barely 150 yards passing in the first two games.

That won't cut it in the NFL. Enough of these stupid ass 4 yard passes.

Learn how to throw the deep ball Orton or GTFO and let Rex take over.

If Olsen does not make those two fumbles do we win the game, yes. Would we have this thread, probably not. Would we talking bringing in Rex, probably not.

OMG the voice of reason, Pix! Yes, if Olsen had held on there would only be praise about another mistake-free performance. Unfortunately, Olsen didn't hold on to the ball, exposing the weakness that we have in, for some reason, the passing game not have any luck with the long balls. So, WE are discussing Orton, but you know that Lovie isn't, and shouldn't be, IMdO, even thinking about a QB switch at this point.

All I know is Orton has shown through 2 games he can not complete the deep pass, if so we would of won this game easily. The Panthers realized this and adjusted after Orton initially looked very good. Unless Orton is able to throw the ball downfield and he has had the opportunities these next few games will be very ugly.

it's a bit early to throw the baby out with the bathwater. orton has started only five games (excluding his rookie year). like any young qb he has made some bad decisions and had some accuracy problems but i think it's way to early to sum up his career at this point.

i disagree orton has to be able to throw deep balls for this team to succeed. what he HAS to do is be accurate in the 10-15 yard range, he has to hit his receivers in stride in the 5-10 yard patterns and let the receivers make YAK.

one other thing i want to mention... i look at our arial attack and it seems to me that many if not MOST of our passing plays to our wideouts require the receiver to reach a spot, stop, turn and catch the pass (and usually be tackled immediately). they are not DESIGNED to hit a player in stride. they are not DESIGNED to give your receivers the best chance at YAK. although this may be fine to beat some zone coverages at times in a game, this to me is not how you want to set up the bastardized type of west coast offense we try to run. this also holds true on these horrible sideline passes we keep throwing game after game after game to no ones surprise.

to sum it up, i think orton HAS shown some very good things. not enough to say he is a lock as a starting qb in the nfl but enough to show with some work it is POSSIBLE for him to become a #1.

on a final note: i also am not convinced this coaching staff has scripted a complete game plan to help him out either.