If Orton is not ready to start next week.....

Pixote

If no Kyle in Week 11, who would you start?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If Kyle Orton is not ready to start in week 11, which QB would give us the best chance to win?

• Rex Grossman
    • Caleb Hanie

Personally, after today's performance, I would just as well see Caleb Hanie start against GB than Rex Grossman if Kyle Orton is not ready to start next week. I do not see how he can do any worse than what I watched today. What do you guys think?

I pray that Kyle is ready to go next week.

Personally, after today's performance, I would just as well see Caleb Hanie start against GB than Rex Grossman if Kyle Orton is not ready to start next week. I do not see how he can do any worse than what I watched today. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately, you have to stick with Rex. He has 31 games under his belt. We simply need him to play better.

No need to worry though. Kyle will start this week - book it.

Peace :dabears

Unfortunately, you have to stick with Rex. He has 31 games under his belt. We simply need him to play better.

No need to worry though. Kyle will start this week - book it.

that's the thing. I dont think he can play better. he is what he is and that's very, very bad.

So, you think Caleb Hanie is going to beat GB in GB????? No way, no how should he play unless both Kyle and Rex cannot.

Rex has beaten GB in GB.

dont know. but I have little faith in Rex doing it and rather take my chances with anyone else including Jo Jo the poo flinging monkey.

Just a hard-stat-fact on Grossman and Green Bay

Through 4 games in his career:

41 Completions

79 Attempts

51.8% Completion Percentage

593 Passing Yards

6 Interceptions

3 Touchdowns

57.6 QB Rating

I'd look to see Hanie if Grossman plays like he did today.

I personally would go with Caleb Haine. I've seen enough with Rex. I'm tired of seeing batted down balls at the line of scrimmage, over thrown passes, throwing behind a reciever, not knowing how to audible, and looking like a total idiot.

With that said, Rex will probably start just because he has the experience and usually does pretty well against the Packers. Deep down inside I am just hoping for a miracle that Kyle's ankle heals up enough to play and perform well next week. :)

Although I started off the thread saying I would start Caleb over Rex I think now, after cooling off a bit, Rex would be the logical starter but, with that said, if he struggled again in the first half against GB I would pull him in a heartbeat and see if Hanie could salvage a win for us.

You just can't start Caleb Hanie....

He was losing to bad college teams last year...went undrafted...and saw a few minutes of playing time in the preseason against teams 3rd defenses....

saying he would out preform Rex is somewhat ludacris...

That being said my vote is for Kyle, or Jo Jo the poo flinging monkey

Call me crazy...but go with Hanie. If he sucks, then put in Grossman. Grossman has at least of late, done better coming in than starting.

I'm voting for Grossman, with a hook at halftime if he does not show anything. At least Hanie could provide some hope in the second half. Also, Hanie could play like he has nothing to lose. Rex has a whole career on the line during the time Kyle is out. Hanie can completely suck and it will all be attributed to him getting his 1st action. If he's a hero, he still doesn't take Kyle's spot.

I know this thread is hypothetical but I hope everyone realizes there isnt a chance in hell Hanie plays ahead of Rex.

I can agree with starting Rex over Hanie as the ONLY option this week, but, a wise coach would keep a second half

option open to show his team that he is committed to winning and EVERY position is accountable, especially given the

history with Rex and his likely future elsewhere next season.

Please keep us posted when you see a "wise coach" on the Bears' sidelines!

I can agree with starting Rex over Hanie as the ONLY option this week, but, a wise coach would keep a second half

option open to show his team that he is committed to winning and EVERY position is accountable, especially given the

history with Rex and his likely future elsewhere next season.

I know this thread is hypothetical but I hope everyone realizes there isnt a chance in hell Hanie plays ahead of Rex.

I know, and agree, that there is no way Hanie starts. Just wanted to see posters opinion on a what if?

I would start Rex, but if at the end of the half he is stinking up the joint, (again, assumjing in this what if scenerio, Orton can not play) then I would pull him in a heart beat and insert Hanie. Now, again, I do not think the Bears would do this, but I never expected to see Orton declared the starter his rookie season either.