TalkBears Mock Draft 2009

balta1701-A

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it! I'll be conferring with a close freind that is a huge SF fans for the pick...

That's exactly what I was planning on doing. I have friends all over the nation (SF, Seattle, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, Minny, etc.) and I am going to choose who I think the team should take, but only after having a conference with the friend from that team. No worries.

That's exactly what I was planning on doing. I have friends all over the nation (SF, Seattle, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, Minny, etc.) and I am going to choose who I think the team should take, but only after having a conference with the friend from that team. No worries.

Ill take ATL and NO to finish out the board unless someone else wants to join in once we get started.

balta,

When are you thinking about doing the draft?

Hi everyone! Last year's Talkbears mock draft was enjoyable enough for me that I figured WTH, I'll do it again.

I'm open to formatting suggestions, but here's a basic outline. Each participant picks a team, or multiple teams if you'd like. From the moment we start, you're the GM. You want to trade picks, you want to bring Cutler to the Bears, whatever you want to do, do it. (2009 picks traded in the 2008 Talkbears Mock Draft do not count ;)).

My goal is to start the draft process on Monday, March 30th, give or take. This gives us a little more time before the draft than we had last year, so we can push it longer if we want, and we won't be in a rush to get everyone to pick rapidly to finish before the draft. That means that every team will need to be filled before then. When your team goes on the clock, you'll have 24 hours to make your pick otherwise we start getting annoyed and sending you lots of PM's and such.

Since this is a Bears site, it's somewhat expected that the Bears will be a team in demand. Therefore, we'll hold a raffle for them based on a standard random number generator. If you're interested in being the Bears, please explicitly say so in this thread and you'll be entered in to the lottery when it's run. Otherwise, please request whatever team you'd like to GM for in this thread. I'm going to be out of town next week, which is why I'm posting this today. A couple of the other Mods/admins have said they'll keep my list updated/handle any disagreements while I'm gone. If someone requests a team that you'd really really like, other than the Bears...hope we can find some way to work things out, there'll probably be a couple extra teams available.

Here's your first round draft order, and this list will be updated with your name once you grab a team:

1. Detroit Lions - Dabearsdabomb

2. St. Louis Rams - Brianbear

3. Kansas City Chiefs - bowlingtwig

4. Seattle Seahawks - jason

5. Cleveland Browns - Pixote

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Pixote

7. Oakland Raiders - The Prophet

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Balta1701

9. Green Bay Packers - bowlingtwig

10. San Francisco 49ers - Madlithuanian

11. Buffalo Bills - Balta1701

12. Denver Broncos - Stinger226

13. Washington Redskins - Chitownhustla

14. New Orleans Saints - Ashkum Bear

15. Houston Texans - The Prophet

16. San Diego Chargers - Stinger226

17. New York Jets - Drunkbomber

18. Chicago Bears - Madlithuanian

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

20. Detroit Lions (from DAL) - Dabearsdabomb

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Ashkum Bear

22. Minnesota Vikings - jason

23. New England Patriots - MadLithuanian

24. Atlanta Falcons - Ashkum Bear

25. Miami Dolphins - The Prophet

26. Baltimore Ravens - MadLithuanian

27. Indianapolis Colts - Balta1701

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from CAR) - Ashkum Bear

29. New York Giants - Dabearsdabomb

30. Tennessee Titans - Stinger226

31. Arizona Cardinals - The Prophet

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Drunkbomber

No picks:

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers - Flea

Hi everyone! Last year's Talkbears mock draft was enjoyable enough for me that I figured WTH, I'll do it again.

I'm open to formatting suggestions, but here's a basic outline. Each participant picks a team, or multiple teams if you'd like. From the moment we start, you're the GM. You want to trade picks, you want to bring Cutler to the Bears, whatever you want to do, do it. (2009 picks traded in the 2008 Talkbears Mock Draft do not count ;)).

My goal is to start the draft process on Monday, March 30th, give or take. This gives us a little more time before the draft than we had last year, so we can push it longer if we want, and we won't be in a rush to get everyone to pick rapidly to finish before the draft. That means that every team will need to be filled before then. When your team goes on the clock, you'll have 24 hours to make your pick otherwise we start getting annoyed and sending you lots of PM's and such.

Since this is a Bears site, it's somewhat expected that the Bears will be a team in demand. Therefore, we'll hold a raffle for them based on a standard random number generator. If you're interested in being the Bears, please explicitly say so in this thread and you'll be entered in to the lottery when it's run. Otherwise, please request whatever team you'd like to GM for in this thread. I'm going to be out of town next week, which is why I'm posting this today. A couple of the other Mods/admins have said they'll keep my list updated/handle any disagreements while I'm gone. If someone requests a team that you'd really really like, other than the Bears...hope we can find some way to work things out, there'll probably be a couple extra teams available.

Here's your first round draft order, and this list will be updated with your name once you grab a team:

1. Detroit Lions - Dabearsdabomb

2. St. Louis Rams - Brianbear

3. Kansas City Chiefs - bowlingtwig

4. Seattle Seahawks - jason

5. Cleveland Browns - Pixote

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Pixote

7. Oakland Raiders - The Prophet

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Balta1701

9. Green Bay Packers - bowlingtwig

10. San Francisco 49ers - Madlithuanian

11. Buffalo Bills - Balta1701

12. Denver Broncos - Stinger226

13. Washington Redskins - Chitownhustla

14. New Orleans Saints - Ashkum Bear

15. Houston Texans - The Prophet

16. San Diego Chargers - Stinger226

17. New York Jets - Drunkbomber

18. Denver Broncos (From Chicago) - Stinger 226

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Stinger226

20. Detroit Lions (from DAL) - Dabearsdabomb

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Ashkum Bear

22. Minnesota Vikings - jason

23. New England Patriots - MadLithuanian

24. Atlanta Falcons - Ashkum Bear

25. Miami Dolphins - The Prophet

26. Baltimore Ravens - MadLithuanian

27. Indianapolis Colts - Balta1701

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from CAR) - Ashkum Bear

29. New York Giants - Dabearsdabomb

30. Tennessee Titans - Stinger226

31. Arizona Cardinals - The Prophet

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Drunkbomber

No picks:

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers - Flea

Chicago Bears - Madlithuanian

Tough luck , you guys I finally got the Bears pick.

Tough luck , you guys I finally got the Bears pick.

LOL, I suspect Denver will trade up in the draft to get their new Franchise QB prospect. Denver will never go into the season with Orton & Simms as their QBs of the future.