TalkBears Mock Draft 2009

balta1701-A

Hi everyone! Last year's Talkbears mock draft was enjoyable enough for me that I figured WTH, I'll do it again.

I'm open to formatting suggestions, but here's a basic outline. Each participant picks a team, or multiple teams if you'd like. From the moment we start, you're the GM. You want to trade picks, you want to bring Cutler to the Bears, whatever you want to do, do it. (2009 picks traded in the 2008 Talkbears Mock Draft do not count ;)).

My goal is to start the draft process on Monday, March 30th, give or take. This gives us a little more time before the draft than we had last year, so we can push it longer if we want, and we won't be in a rush to get everyone to pick rapidly to finish before the draft. That means that every team will need to be filled before then. When your team goes on the clock, you'll have 24 hours to make your pick otherwise we start getting annoyed and sending you lots of PM's and such.

Since this is a Bears site, it's somewhat expected that the Bears will be a team in demand. Therefore, we'll hold a raffle for them based on a standard random number generator. If you're interested in being the Bears, please explicitly say so in this thread and you'll be entered in to the lottery when it's run. Otherwise, please request whatever team you'd like to GM for in this thread. I'm going to be out of town next week, which is why I'm posting this today. A couple of the other Mods/admins have said they'll keep my list updated/handle any disagreements while I'm gone. If someone requests a team that you'd really really like, other than the Bears...hope we can find some way to work things out, there'll probably be a couple extra teams available.

Here's your first round draft order, and this list will be updated with your name once you grab a team:

1. Detroit Lions - Dabearsdabomb

2. St. Louis Rams - Brianbear

3. Kansas City Chiefs - bowlingtwig

4. Seattle Seahawks - jason

5. Cleveland Browns - Pixote

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Pixote

7. Oakland Raiders - The Prophet

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Balta1701

9. Green Bay Packers - bowlingtwig

10. San Francisco 49ers - Madlithuanian

11. Buffalo Bills - Balta1701

12. Denver Broncos - Stinger226

13. Washington Redskins - Chitownhustla

14. New Orleans Saints - Ashkum Bear

15. Houston Texans - The Prophet

16. San Diego Chargers - Stinger226

17. New York Jets - Drunkbomber

18. Denver Broncos (From Chicago) - Stinger 226

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Stinger226

20. Detroit Lions (from DAL) - Dabearsdabomb

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Ashkum Bear

22. Minnesota Vikings - jason

23. New England Patriots - MadLithuanian

24. Atlanta Falcons - Ashkum Bear

25. Miami Dolphins - The Prophet

26. Baltimore Ravens - MadLithuanian

27. Indianapolis Colts - Balta1701

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from CAR) - Ashkum Bear

29. New York Giants - Dabearsdabomb

30. Tennessee Titans - Stinger226

31. Arizona Cardinals - The Prophet

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Drunkbomber

No picks:

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers - Flea

Chicago Bears - Madlithuanian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me in for the Bears in the lottery please.

If not the Bears then I'll gladly take in order:

1 SF

2 BAL

3 NE

Much thanks!

...but may I recommend we don't allow trades. While kind of fun, it's too Madden-esque and skews the info far too much and rarely happens. Just my 2 cents worth!

Hi everyone! Last year's Talkbears mock draft was enjoyable enough for me that I figured WTH, I'll do it again.

I'm open to formatting suggestions, but here's a basic outline. Each participant picks a team, or multiple teams if you'd like. From the moment we start, you're the GM. You want to trade picks, you want to bring Cutler to the Bears, whatever you want to do, do it. (2009 picks traded in the 2008 Talkbears Mock Draft do not count ;)).

My goal is to start the draft process on Monday, March 30th, give or take. This gives us a little more time before the draft than we had last year, so we can push it longer if we want, and we won't be in a rush to get everyone to pick rapidly to finish before the draft. That means that every team will need to be filled before then. When your team goes on the clock, you'll have 24 hours to make your pick otherwise we start getting annoyed and sending you lots of PM's and such.

Since this is a Bears site, it's somewhat expected that the Bears will be a team in demand. Therefore, we'll hold a raffle for them based on a standard random number generator. If you're interested in being the Bears, please explicitly say so in this thread and you'll be entered in to the lottery when it's run. Otherwise, please request whatever team you'd like to GM for in this thread. I'm going to be out of town next week, which is why I'm posting this today. A couple of the other Mods/admins have said they'll keep my list updated/handle any disagreements while I'm gone. If someone requests a team that you'd really really like, other than the Bears...hope we can find some way to work things out, there'll probably be a couple extra teams available.

Here's your first round draft order, and this list will be updated with your name once you grab a team:

1. Detroit Lions

2. St. Louis Rams

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Seattle Seahawks

5. Cleveland Browns

6. Cincinnati Bengals

7. Oakland Raiders

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

9. Green Bay Packers

10. San Francisco 49ers

12. Denver Broncos

13. Washington Redskins

14. New Orleans Saints

15. Houston Texans

16. San Diego Chargers

17. New York Jets

18. Chicago Bears

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

20. Detroit Lions (from DAL)

21. Philadelphia Eagles

22. Minnesota Vikings

23. New England Patriots

24. Atlanta Falcons

25. Miami Dolphins

26. Baltimore Ravens

27. Indianapolis Colts

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from CAR)

29. New York Giants

30. Tennessee Titans

31. Arizona Cardinals

32. Pittsburgh Steelers

No picks:

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers

Just to clarify...I only want to do one team unless it's needed. Then I'm willing to do the others.

Put me in for the Bears in the lottery please.

If not the Bears then I'll gladly take in order:

1 SF

2 BAL

3 NE

Much thanks!

...but may I recommend we don't allow trades. While kind of fun, it's too Madden-esque and skews the info far too much and rarely happens. Just my 2 cents worth!

1. Detroit Lions

2. St. Louis Rams

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Seattle Seahawks

5. Cleveland Browns

6. Cincinnati Bengals

7. Oakland Raiders

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

9. Green Bay Packers

10. San Francisco 49ers

12. Denver Broncos

13. Washington Redskins

14. New Orleans Saints

15. Houston Texans

16. San Diego Chargers

17. New York Jets

18. Chicago Bears

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21. Philadelphia Eagles

22. Minnesota Vikings

23. New England Patriots

24. Atlanta Falcons

25. Miami Dolphins

26. Baltimore Ravens

27. Indianapolis Colts

29. New York Giants

30. Tennessee Titans

31. Arizona Cardinals

32. Pittsburgh Steelers

No picks:

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers

Put me down for Denvers pick, if no one is there

I can give it a try. Pulling OT at work while it is available so not sure how quick I can respond to my selection but I check in every morning before going to work and every night after returning home so the most I would take is say 12 hours to select, in the worse case scenerio. Just fill me in where needed. I will take multiple teams if needed, but if you sign me up for multiple teams, put them back to back to make it easier for me to keep track, LOL.

I can give it a try. Pulling OT at work while it is available so not sure how quick I can respond to my selection but I check in every morning before going to work and every night after returning home so the most I would take is say 12 hours to select, in the worse case scenerio. Just fill me in where needed. I will take multiple teams if needed, but if you sign me up for multiple teams, put them back to back to make it easier for me to keep track, LOL.

Pix you may be pulling OT at work but lets face it, its not like WE are really working hard when we have enough time to sit around and talk football lol.

1. Detroit Lions - Dabearsdabomb

2. St. Louis Rams - Brianbear

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Seattle Seahawks

5. Cleveland Browns

6. Cincinnati Bengals

7. Oakland Raiders

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

9. Green Bay Packers

10. San Francisco 49ers

12. Denver Broncos - Stinger226

13. Washington Redskins

14. New Orleans Saints

15. Houston Texans

16. San Diego Chargers

17. New York Jets

18. Chicago Bears

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21. Philadelphia Eagles

22. Minnesota Vikings

23. New England Patriots

24. Atlanta Falcons

25. Miami Dolphins

26. Baltimore Ravens

27. Indianapolis Colts

29. New York Giants

30. Tennessee Titans

31. Arizona Cardinals

32. Pittsburgh Steelers

No picks:

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers - Flea

Do you need more people or do you have enough to get started? At least draw the Bear spot so everybody waiting for that can pick a team

Do you need more people or do you have enough to get started? At least draw the Bear spot so everybody waiting for that can pick a team

It looks like we have need of more people. I'll be on the lottery later today, just getting back in the swing of things.

Balta,

I'm willing to do more than one...

I can do all 8 if you need...

I'd still like my initial prefeence order, and I've added some:

1. Bears

2. SF

3. BAL

4. NE

5. PIT

6. DAL

7. NYG

8. SD

And also reiterate that I'd love to ban trades/etc...it's too much that skews the attempt at keeping this real...

Just to clarify...I only want to do one team unless it's needed. Then I'm willing to do the others.

Ok, post #1 is updated with the ones people have completely confirmed, except both Madlith and Jason suggested they'd do the 49ers, so it would be nice if one of you 2 would defer. Those who've said they're interested, just fire away with a team if you have any preference at all. I put madlith down for 2 other teams but he's suggested he could do more.

So far, I count 18 teams remaining including Dallas, MadLithuanian has 4 others he'd do, the prophet was interested in 3, Pix asked for 2 potentially back to back ones, and I can take another pick or two. That's about 10-11 wild cards remaining that I can dispense, but we still have slots to fill up even if all of those were assigned.