A golden nugget from the Score?

Stinger226

The question is will the Bears put up with a Tank Johnson type.

The Cowboys really benefited from Tank Johnson. The Bengals may even benefit from Benson.. Why not we be on the 'other side' of it. We get rid of our troubles, and other teams benefit. Why can't we benefit for once?? Let Plax become a better person as a Bear ;) :dabears

Zack Z is in Detroit for the big game and he ran into Plax at his Hotel. He asked Plax " If he had any contact from the Bears yet and stated Cutler has made several calls to him." Its not JA but something to think about.

Oops. I didn't see you posted this already when I started the new thread.

I'm not a fan of bringing anyone here who might embarrass the franchise. I want to see how good Greg Olsen & Hester can be before we spend a bunch of money on a potential turd.

is Plax even going to play this year? Sounds like he has a pretty good shot of being in jail or at least suspended., but I haven't kept up on it.

He's a great WR, but he seems like a major headache for the coaches and front office. He doesn't show up to meetings, practice, etc.

is Plax even going to play this year? Sounds like he has a pretty good shot of being in jail or at least suspended., but I haven't kept up on it.

He's a great WR, but he seems like a major headache for the coaches and front office. He doesn't show up to meetings, practice, etc.

If the draft goes good for us, I see us taking a chance on Plax being that means we might have a shot at a SB trip this year. A bonus incentive contract and they have better bars here other than NY, so he should want to come here.

If the draft goes good for us, I see us taking a chance on Plax being that means we might have a shot at a SB trip this year. A bonus incentive contract and they have better bars here other than NY, so he should want to come here.

I wouldn't mind signing him but it would need to be incentive laden instead of guaranteed money.

Eli was a stud with Burress in there and very mediocre without him. He'll probably serve his jail time in the offseasons and he'll probably get a 2-4 game suspension from Goodell. I say give him a whirl.

With a very good receiver we could be really good and it would be worth taking a chance on him. I would rather have him than TO

With a very good receiver we could be really good and it would be worth taking a chance on him. I would rather have him than TO

So you'd rather take a lesser WR with more off-field problems? Because, to be quite honest, I don't remember the last time that TO faced major legal trouble, shot himself, and had the potential of going to jail.

The Cowboys really benefited from Tank Johnson. The Bengals may even benefit from Benson.. Why not we be on the 'other side' of it. We get rid of our troubles, and other teams benefit. Why can't we benefit for once?? Let Plax become a better person as a Bear ;) :dabears

How much did the Cowboys & Bengals benefit??? After two seasons of Tank the Cowboys failed to win a playoff game, and said "Don't let the door hit you in the ass Tank."

Cedric Benson looked good against really, really bad defenses. I remember he tore it up vs. Cleveland and went for like 20 yards the next week vs. Pittsburgh.

Too much upheaval is a bad thing, and we were 9 & 7 last year. Draft a WR in round 2, pick up one off the scrap-heap for cheap and see what you have.

Plax only becomes a Bear after he serves his time, whatever that may be. Probably including the league deciding what suspension he'll get although I believe he'd have to be a on a roster for that decision to be made. Once he's served his time JA can get up on the podium and give us the speech about how repentent Burress is and he's learned his lesson blah blah blah. Point is quite simply Burress is exactly the type WR we need on our roster and we'd be one tough offense with him. I'm not even sure how a defense would go about stopping us. There are guys you gamble on and they are called difference makers and there are a lot of guys you don't. As much as I support getting good character guys on the roster Plax could easily put this team deep in the playoffs if not the Superbowl. That's with our defense being average like last year.

I would tread cautiously with Burress. He is a Prima Donna and a potential liability. However, he is not T.O. Eli made several pleas on Plax’s behalf. The obvious reason would be that he is a highly skilled weapon. The other reason is that Eli saw some redeeming qualities in him. No QB has ever lobbied for T.O. to stay. I have faith in Cutlers ego and demeanor to effectively “towel snap” Burress, if needed. I say sign him with incentives, as he would be an absolute beast in our system as well as the perfect compliment to Hester and Bennett. With him, we could potentially have a top 5 offense by the end of the season.