What are everybody's draft plans?

bradjock

That's easily the busiest time of year for this site. I do wonder if there will be the same excitement since the Bear's don't have a #1 pick. The draft starts at 2:00, which means we should make our first pick by 7:00 or something like that?

As usual, I'm taking an "Al Bundy Vacation," which means I'll be roping off the area around the TV, and the wife & kid have to pretend I'm not there.

I'm looking forward to the chat room.

I have a softball doubleheader which starts at 11. I'll be home and out of the shower by 2:30, where I'll then park my a** on the couch for the day.

For the 1st day I will be working in the morning but I will be spending the draft portion of the day and my buddies house(who happens to be a packer fan) and then on the 2nd day Pixote and myself will spend the day together watching the draft of course.

Lets see here... since I don't have a laptop, I will likely watch NFLN's draft coverage streaming online from my room, while chatting about it with you guys as well as this other board I'm a part of. It should also give me plenty of time to do some home work when things are dragging along.

One of my favorite days of the year. I'm a year-round draft follower, so this is like Christmas for me. I'm going to wake up around 1 on Saturday and watch draft coverage all day long. I'll eat whatever is easiest to make to maximize the amount of time watching TV, so I'll probably be making peanut butter sandwiches or something like that.

Scuba diving in Destin, FL. I'm fairly certain, like many here, that the Bears will grab a WR with their second round pick. I'm fairly certain that I'll view it as a desperate selection (unless lots of WRs drop) of about the 7th best WR. This will not make me happy. I'd rather just look at the results, be semi-optimistic, and hope some holes are filled.

Playing a game of old timers' football...and checking the iphone!

But odds are I'll just watch at the bar after our sad game....

But I'm having a few freinds over Sunday for day 2...since we have more picks then!

That's easily the busiest time of year for this site. I do wonder if there will be the same excitement since the Bear's don't have a #1 pick. The draft starts at 2:00, which means we should make our first pick by 7:00 or something like that?

As usual, I'm taking an "Al Bundy Vacation," which means I'll be roping off the area around the TV, and the wife & kid have to pretend I'm not there.

Playing a game of old timers' football...and checking the iphone!

But odds are I'll just watch at the bar after our sad game....

But I'm having a few freinds over Sunday for day 2...since we have more picks then!

I'll periodically check the web for updates. There will not be any transmission of the draft here. <_>

I am surprised, I thought it was transmitted world-wide.

No such luck here. ESPN will have all soccer matches troughout Saturday. They even got rid of the English version of SportsCenter and only have the Spanish one. It's a bummer. But at leat their's the Internet!

And beer! Just need to find a webstream, since it's not broadcasted in my part of the world.

NFL.com will be streaming it live all day on Saturday and Sunday.... however, Saturday and Sunday might be different in your area.

NFL.com will be streaming it live all day on Saturday and Sunday.... however, Saturday and Sunday might be different in your area.

Yeah I saw that. Thanks anyway. Will try to find an ESPN feed as well as it's nice to switch between them (and get a LITTLE of the Kiper madness as well...).

And FYI, the draft starts at 10 PM for me on saturday. Will be a long night!

Some friends are having a Crawfish Boil Pary. I guess it is an annual thing. I was not planning on going, but w/o a 1st round pick, I said I would go if they have the draft on the TV. Plan to cut out around 4:30-5 to head to the bear I watch the games. Many of the other bear fans who watch the games at the bar will also be up there for the draft, where we will stay until the end of the 2nd round.

I'm installing direct tv in the morning after a million years of cable. Cable finally pissed me off (I have been an avid cable supporter for years) and in this economy I'm getting a lot of money up front to switch ($350 from DirecTV and than another 175 from ATT). And than my monthly services are also significantly cheaper. Only crappy part was that I have a few HD TV's so I had some upfront costs associated with that, but with the amount I'll save I'm going to buy me NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan and put my buddies in charge of food and drinks every Sunday at my place.

So if all goes well, I'll be watching the draft at my house for a bit before going to a draft party at another persons house. But most importantly, I'll be getting set up to watch all my Bears games and Sox games in HD.