Bears @ 49ers Game Thread

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocky SOB who is showing that he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Hester falling down on one pick.

Ball thrown to Davis, he gets bumped off by the defense.

Hester stops on a check down.

Unless I forgot about the amazing QB skill of making the ball return on command. He throws it to a point, if the receiver falls down, stops, or hands it to the defense its not on the cocky sob. He was good enough to be a pro bowl qb when he wasn't surrounded by crap. We have a QB who basically runs for his life for 4 quarters and has guys who barely know how to run a route. We are lucky that he isn't dead yet.

He had a bad game. But the totality of the picks are not entirely his fault.

Hester falling down on one pick.

Ball thrown to Davis, he gets bumped off by the defense.

Hester stops on a check down.

Unless I forgot about the amazing QB skill of making the ball return on command. He throws it to a point, if the receiver falls down, stops, or hands it to the defense its not on the cocky sob. He was good enough to be a pro bowl qb when he wasn't surrounded by crap. We have a QB who basically runs for his life for 4 quarters and has guys who barely know how to run a route. We are lucky that he isn't dead yet.

He had a bad game. But the totality of the picks are not entirely his fault.

The two picks in the Red Zone were unacceptable imo, and those were the two that were his fault. As a Pro Bowl QB, you have to know when to throw it away.

The first one is terrible. The second one was with time expiring. I don't know if he makes that throw if there is more than 10 seconds on the clock.

I am fairly sure there were 2 seconds left on the clock when it was intercepted. If he simply throws it at someone's feet, we have 1 more play.

Peace :dabears

Cutler absolutely sucks in the redzone. . . Pathetic. Hopefully everyone will stop praising this dude. He was the main reason we lost this game. He has all the tools, but in the crunch, you can't really count on him. He had 3 opportunities to have a winning drive vs GB, ATL and now SF and he is 0-3. Our O-line does suck, but when is he going to come through?!?

The thought of no draft picks is becoming scarier each day.. . This team is going to suck for awhile.

Keep in mind that Cutler put us in that position (to be knocking at TDs door with 8 seconds left). He gets credit for that too (with Chris Williams et al doing their durndest to throw the game away with penalties like Pace did 2 games ago). Having said that. 6 points is NOT good enough, and he's the leader of that offense. Well actually, I shouldn't leave out Ronnie Turner too.

Now I am as mad at Cutler as the next guy, but technically he is 2 for 5 in game winning drives...Winning against Seattle and Pittsburgh and losing to Atlanta, GB, and SF

Also, he played really well in the 2nd half of that Packers game, but his chance at a GW drive was cut short when Knox decided to stop his route.

BTW- can't really fault Cutler in the Falcons game. On 4th and 1, Pace jumped.

I am fairly sure there were 2 seconds left on the clock when it was intercepted. If he simply throws it at someone's feet, we have 1 more play.

Peace :dabears

Once the play began, there was only 8 seconds left on the clock. He's going off of a mental clock, not looking at the scoreboard. If he threw the ball away, and time expired, he'd be getting ripped on for not trying to at least force one.

Also, dont forget, there is always a 1-2 second run off. The clock doesn't stop automatically once the ball hits the ground or sails over the endzone.

Once the play began, there was only 8 seconds left on the clock. He's going off of a mental clock, not looking at the scoreboard. If he threw the ball away, and time expired, he'd be getting ripped on for not trying to at least force one.

Also, dont forget, there is always a 1-2 second run off. The clock doesn't stop automatically once the ball hits the ground or sails over the endzone.

Unless your the Atlanta Falcons, then you get a free 1-2 seconds of free time before the clock actually starts to run... <_>

But he didn't just try to lead us down the field, he did. So to evaluate his performance you must consider that...along with considering that he tried to score a td and failed. Take no comfort if you like, but having an offense that can move the ball should be comforting to a fan of the Bears IMO (we aren't Colts fans here)...while red zone picks are discomforting. It's not brain surgery.

Sorry, I take no comfort in not finishing a job...

The goal isn't to march up and down, it's to score.

But he didn't just try to lead us down the field, he did. So to evaluate his performance you must consider that...along with considering that he tried to score a td and failed. Take no comfort if you like, but having an offense that can move the ball should be comforting to a fan of the Bears IMO (we aren't Colts fans here)...while red zone picks are discomforting. It's not brain surgery.