Screw it, I'll say it

DABEARSDABOMB

The defense has played phenomenal and the Bears have played hard all season. All I see are people constantly whining about the Bears coaches and you know what, I think they deserve a little bit of credit. We have one of the top ranked defensive units in the league after 2 plus years of having one of the worse defensive units in the league.

Job well done guys. Offensively we've made progress each of the past two weeks. Martz has done better and Tice has gotten the oline playing better than it was 3 weeks ago.

Hopefully the coaching staff helps the players continue to progress and we see the Bears continue to progress and win!!!!

The defense has played phenomenal and the Bears have played hard all season. All I see are people constantly whining about the Bears coaches and you know what, I think they deserve a little bit of credit. We have one of the top ranked defensive units in the league after 2 plus years of having one of the worse defensive units in the league.

Job well done guys. Offensively we've made progress each of the past two weeks. Martz has done better and Tice has gotten the oline playing better than it was 3 weeks ago.

Hopefully the coaching staff helps the players continue to progress and we see the Bears continue to progress and win!!!!

Yeah, coming into this season, I wasn't hopeful about the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball. Marinelli had never been a coordinator before, I really wanted Fewell to be the DC, and the last time Lovie tapped a career position coach as his DC, it was a disaster. I wasn't expecting big things. But Lovie and Marinelli deserve credit for what they've done so far - the defense is playing great ball, and the mix of blitzes and Tampa-2 looks has been right on the money. If they keep it up, there's no reason why this team can't get to 10 or 11 wins and make the playoffs.

While I agree I'll tip my hat to Lovie and Rod....we need to realize that the defense SHOULD be good.

There is a lot of money/pro bowls on that side of the ball with a system that has been in place for seven years. It isn't unfair to say results HAVE to be there. I'm sure the coaching staff would agree with this sentiment.

^^. What he said and thank you, especially about the "whining". So what if Lovie looks lost, they are getting results. And to reply to the previous poster: that would be why the Defense is doing well. Lovie knows him some D and th talent it takes to make it work. Credit is where credit is due. I will venture to say that the Bears LB corps is the best in the NFL right now. Hands down.

Keep up the great work Lovie and crew.

Today's discussion at work: The Cardinals Oline and all the problems they have. Their Oline coach is Russ Grimm. My point of course is that Tice has had far less to work with, far more injuries forced upon him, and at this point in the season his Oline (including 7th Rd pick starting at RT) and are playing better. He has taken what looked like a disaster of an Oline in game 4 and turned them into acceptable 5 games later. The arrow is still pointing up but I'm impressed at the rapid turnaround nad perhaps he can get them to "good" before seasons end.

Martz too has adapted and stood firm in support of his players throughout all the controversy. He's admitted his mistakes either in preparation or in play calling and to prove it's not just words he makes noticeable changes over the next few games.

For Marinelli's part I understand he has some Pro Bowl caliber players but he also has a secondary that is questionable. He's making it work and I think given the talent he's getting the most out of his secondary. Plus he has demoted Tommie Harris and is making due with guys like Toea and Henry Melton at DT. Not Pro Bowl talent there.

I'm hesitant to heap praise on the Bears' coaching staff. I think a good portion of it all has been luck, smoke, and mirrors.

WK1 - Got lucky with a ridiculous rule. The coaching decision to single cover Megatron was idiotic.

WK2 - Barely beat a putrid Dallas team.

WK3 - The Packers commit a record number of penalties, and the Bears squeak by. Also, keep in mind that a major turnover by the Bears was nullified by one of those Packer penalties.

WK4 - Absolutely got butchered by the Giants.

WK5 - Unimpressive win against a horrible team in the Panthers. I was at that game, and it never felt dominant.

WK6 - Six sacks, nine QB hits, Bears go 0-12 on third down. Atrocious game against a not-so-good Seattle team.

WK7 - Very bad performance against a team that just about gave up 70 last night.

WK9 - A 3 point win against Buffalo, a team with no wins. A bad team with no wins. Not a very great showing.

WK10 - The Bears best performance of the year, but a good deal of that had to do with Farv playing poorly and the Bears getting a few fortunate turnovers.

I guess the point is, there hasn't been a single impressive performance. Not one dominant win. It's a bunch of good breaks. The offensive decisions still need to be better. The defense needs to generate SOME pressure. The safeties need to defend the long ball. The WRs need to learn and complete their routes. Cutler needs to protect the ball better. And, of course, the OL needs to do something that would lead someone to believe they belong on an NFL field.

This team could easily be 2-7, with the only sure fire wins being the one against Carolina and Week 10's win against Minnesota.

I'm not quite ready to pat the coaches on the back for that kind of performance.

I'm hesitant to heap praise on the Bears' coaching staff. I think a good portion of it all has been luck, smoke, and mirrors.

WK1 - Got lucky with a ridiculous rule. The coaching decision to single cover Megatron was idiotic.

WK3 - The Packers commit a record number of penalties, and the Bears squeak by. Also, keep in mind that a major turnover by the Bears was nullified by one of those Packer penalties.

WK5 - Unimpressive win against a horrible team in the Panthers. I was at that game, and it never felt dominant.

WK6 - Six sacks, nine QB hits, Bears go 0-12 on third down. Atrocious game against a not-so-good Seattle team.

WK7 - Very bad performance against a team that just about gave up 70 last night.

WK9 - A 3 point win against Buffalo, a team with no wins. A bad team with no wins. Not a very great showing.

WK10 - The Bears best performance of the year, but a good deal of that had to do with Farv playing poorly and the Bears getting a few fortunate turnovers.

I guess the point is, there hasn't been a single impressive performance. Not one dominant win. It's a bunch of good breaks. The offensive decisions still need to be better. The defense needs to generate SOME pressure. The safeties need to defend the long ball. The WRs need to learn and complete their routes. Cutler needs to protect the ball better. And, of course, the OL needs to do something that would lead someone to believe they belong on an NFL field.

This team could easily be 2-7, with the only sure fire wins being the one against Carolina and Week 10's win against Minnesota.

I'm not quite ready to pat the coaches on the back for that kind of performance.

You must have a short memory. The Bears kicked the shit out of the Cowboys and in regards to the Lions game they dominated from the 2nd half on. A lot of our early struggles should have been expected with a brand new offense and a new oline. Especially when the offense is supposedly a notoriously difficult one.

Buffalo has played quite good the past 5 weeks, record or not. And the Bears played well in that game. They left some things on the field but made a ton of strides.

Packers committed penalties, often times because Julius Peppers forced them in that game. Peppers was a complete monster on that day against Green Bay.

Panthers got clobbered with our 2nd string QB that is absolutely freaking horrible. And we ran for a ton of yards. That game was never ever even close to in question (we were up 3 scores early in the 2nd quarter for pete sakes).

Believe you me, I'm the last person that wants to praise this staff for anything but a resignation letter... But, last week's game was solid and fun. It was a whuppin'. It could have been by a lot more if we didn't have to settle for some FG's and a bonehead Cutler end zone pick.

I'm not even remotely convinced this staff can keep it going, but for a game last week, they earned the win and deserve credit.

It's a divisional win, against a team many were calling much better than the Bears (Vegas had them favored), and it was a win agasint Britfar... For, at least 5 days, I'm going to feel good!

The Panthers game was a fluke. If Forte doesn't break 2 completely uncharacteristiclly long runs that were somewhat broken plays, Todd Collins gives that game to Carolina...

You must have a short memory. The Bears kicked the shit out of the Cowboys and in regards to the Lions game they dominated from the 2nd half on. A lot of our early struggles should have been expected with a brand new offense and a new oline. Especially when the offense is supposedly a notoriously difficult one.

Buffalo has played quite good the past 5 weeks, record or not. And the Bears played well in that game. They left some things on the field but made a ton of strides.

Packers committed penalties, often times because Julius Peppers forced them in that game. Peppers was a complete monster on that day against Green Bay.

Panthers got clobbered with our 2nd string QB that is absolutely freaking horrible. And we ran for a ton of yards. That game was never ever even close to in question (we were up 3 scores early in the 2nd quarter for pete sakes).

Believe you me, I'm the last person that wants to praise this staff for anything but a resignation letter... But, last week's game was solid and fun. It was a whuppin'. It could have been by a lot more if we didn't have to settle for some FG's and a bonehead Cutler end zone pick.

I'm not even remotely convinced this staff can keep it going, but for a game last week, they earned the win and deserve credit.

It's a divisional win, against a team many were calling much better than the Bears (Vegas had them favored), and it was a win agasint Britfar... For, at least 5 days, I'm going to feel good!

Me too. And I'm not going to annoint Lovie and Co. yet. I do have a memory. But hey, IF my dreams come true and we truly do turn this around and make it deep into Jan., then I won't be that mad when the McKakeys bring this bunch back.

-What were the scores when the Bears "kicked the shit out of the Cowboys" and "dominated" the Lions in the second half?

-Word it however you want, but the Buffalo Bills have the worst record in the league.

-I agree that Peppers was a monster and led to a lot of the penalties, but it took every single one of them for the Bears to win.

-Like I said, the Panthers were one of the two games that the Bears were pretty much in control of the entire game (even though is not what I would have expected).

-I agree that Peppers was a monster and led to a lot of the penalties, but it took every single one of them for the Bears to win.

Said this at the time and I'll say it again. If the Packers didn't have all those holding penalties, they'd have a 1:1 exchange of holds for sacks, probably with a forced fumble or forced INT thrown in.

We have played against crap teams for the most part so far this year and got real lucky in the Detroit game. We will see what were made of after this Dolphins game Thursday night when we play the Eagles, the Jets, Packers, and Patriots later in the year. I will say Marinelli deserves most of the credit for keeping our defense in top form this year. That's the only reason we are where we are after some putrid performances from the offense. Special teams and the reemergence of Devin Hester has played a huge role as well. If we make the playoffs, Lovie comes back unfortunately. I just hope to hell we aren't stupid enough to give him another extension if we go 11-5 or 10-6.

For the love of Payton and Piccolo, Smith shouldn't be given an extention in ANY situation! Even if we win the Super Bowl! He's got another year on his contract. We can do a 2 year high price deal if he still looks good after that. He freaking owes the McCaskey's and all the other buffoons for not firing him years ago and having to work for the Bills!!!

We have played against crap teams for the most part so far this year and got real lucky in the Detroit game. We will see what were made of after this Dolphins game Thursday night when we play the Ravens, the Jets, and Patriots later in the year. I will say Marinelli deserves most of the credit for keeping our defense in top form this year. That's the only reason we are where we are after some putrid performances from the offense. Special teams and the reemergence of Devin Hester has played a huge role as well. If we make the playoffs, Lovie comes back unfortunately. I just hope to hell we aren't stupid enough to give him another extension if we go 11-5 or 10-6.

For the love of Payton and Piccolo, Smith shouldn't be given an extention in ANY situation! Even if we win the Super Bowl! He's got another year on his contract. We can do a 2 year high price deal if he still looks good after that. He freaking owes the McCaskey's and all the other buffoons for not firing him years ago and having to work for the Bills!!!

Lovie earns an extension if we make the playoffs this year, make some noise, and than are 6-0 or 6-1 heading into a hypothetical bye week next year. At that point, count me in. Until than, no iffs ands or butts about it.

The only exception I have is if we win the superbowl. I can understand that would lead to an automatic extension.

Jason your just one them fans that wont find anything good in anything they do. I am a beleiver that you make your own breaks and Luck. That type of Philosphy is far more beleiveable then doing nothing to get 6 wins. Get over it, your will probably eat more words this year then not.

Get over what? Please don't project on me since you don't know me.

I've been INCREDIBLY optimistic in the past. On more occasions than I can remember. But not with this coaching staff. Preseason I thought that perhaps there was promise, but I really don't think they're a dangerous team. They're one of the worst teams in the NFL with a winning record. This will be just like the year that the Bears won in spite of their coaching, and then got absolutely butchered in the playoffs.

The problem of course is that there's no guarantee that there will be a next season, which is why all the extension talk happens in the first place.

Grrr....I will officially not agree, but I understand.

I say let him wait, even with a Super Bowl win... Don't let him hold this franchise hostage ever again.

Lovie earns an extension if we make the playoffs this year, make some noise, and than are 6-0 or 6-1 heading into a hypothetical bye week next year. At that point, count me in. Until than, no iffs ands or butts about it.

The only exception I have is if we win the superbowl. I can understand that would lead to an automatic extension.

Grrr....I will officially not agree, but I understand.

I say let him wait, even with a Super Bowl win... Don't let him hold this franchise hostage ever again.

UNLESS he wins a Super Bowl, it will do nothing more than remind me of the time Jauron got an extension because the team won in spite of coaching.

The problem of course is that there's no guarantee that there will be a next season, which is why all the extension talk happens in the first place.

I'd be very surprised if there's a lockout, given the decertification threat from the Player's Union. Unless I'm wrong, every single team that's voted thus far has approved decertification; if the players decertify the union, then a lockout would lead to a slam-dunk antitrust lawsuit against the owners. That's not to say that decertifying isn't a nuclear option for the players, but I think it pretty much guarantees that there'll be a 2011 season.

It's worth noting that that a lockout is REALLY bad for the owners - according to a couple of NFL officials, if the owners reached a new CBA right before the 2011 season, they'd still lose about $1 billion. Even spread across 32 teams, that's a lot of money. If the owners cancelled the 2011 season, those losses would be a lot higher. They'd lose ticket sales, for one. Also, the league's own lawyers have said that, under the NFL TV deal, they'd have to reimburse the networks for the 2011 season if there were a lockout; looking at the average annual value of the deal, cancelling the 2011 season would force them to repay $1.1 billion to ESPN, $712 million to Fox, $622 million to CBS, and $600 million to NBC.

I would be shocked if the owners decided to eat a year's worth of ticket sales, repay over 3 billion dollars of their TV revenues, lose who knows how much in merchandising/advertising revenues, AND expose themselves to liability in a potentially lucrative antitrust suit. There's just no way they could save enough on player salaries in the new CBA enough to make that worthwhile. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.

UNLESS he wins a Super Bowl, it will do nothing more than remind me of the time Jauron got an extension because the team won in spite of coaching.

I'm sorry. I simply cannot compare Smith to Jauron. I am not happy with Smith but he is a much better coach than Jauron ever was.

Peace :dabears