Patriots @ Bears, 12/12/10, 3:15 CT, CBS

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be a great test to see what kind of team the Bears really are this season. If the bears win they will have proved the naysayers wrong and will get some respect but mostly importantly they will be 1 more win closer to winning the NFC North..

If the Bears loose they will be no worse than tied for first with 3 games remaining and the finally against Green Gay!

I am looking forward to this game and the timing is perfect from the standpoint the Bears will get a playoff type match-up with a few games remaining to build some momentum with a win or get a reality check with time to regroup if they loose.

Go Bears!

Anyone remember the last time the Bears played the Patriots, late in the game, Brady scrambling, up the middle, one guy between him and the first down marker, wearing a Bears jersey with a #54 on it...Brady puts a move on, makes 54 miss and look foolish, slides in for the first down, and gets up and gives the triumphant first down signal himself?

I'm hoping that #54 hasn't forgotten that one.

Anyone remember the last time the Bears played the Patriots, late in the game, Brady scrambling, up the middle, one guy between him and the first down marker, wearing a Bears jersey with a #54 on it...Brady puts a move on, makes 54 miss and look foolish, slides in for the first down, and gets up and gives the triumphant first down signal himself?

I'm hoping that #54 hasn't forgotten that one.

#54 was just going to let him slide...and then Brady went ahead and made a move and kept running. It's kind of bullshit...they put stuff in place to protect the QB, and then they take advantage of it. Url could've drilled him...he let up because 9.99 times out of 10 the qb is going to slide there...I hope he learned his lesson.

All I know is that I'm getting screwed. They moved up the time slot to be the national game, but I'm stuck with Chiefs and Chargers

I feel you. I'm flying to Vegas from 3:15 to 6. Luckily my friend already has the dvr set for me. Just have to make sure I let everyone know not to text me during the game, but I know someone is gonna get drunk and forget. Hopfully the messge I get is more like "OMG BEARS!" and less like "Bears suck"

#54 was just going to let him slide...and then Brady went ahead and made a move and kept running. It's kind of bullshit...they put stuff in place to protect the QB, and then they take advantage of it. Url could've drilled him...he let up because 9.99 times out of 10 the qb is going to slide there...I hope he learned his lesson.

From Url's recent talking 'bout the Patriots, I think he has learned that lesson. I hope the D shows up the Patty Boys!

The NFL has suspended New England Patriots rookie inside linebacker Brandon Spikes for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Spikes is not appealing the four-game suspension, allowing the punishment to begin with Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field and wiping out the remainder of the regular season. He will be allowed to participate in the playoffs .

"I've been contacted by the NFL and informed that I will be suspended four games for the detection of an illegal substance in a drug test," Spikes said in a statement released by the Patriots. "The substance was a medication that I should have gotten clarification on before taking. It was not a performance enhancer or an illegal drug.

Link

Bears with an ugly win in brutal conditions: 24-17.

The weather in the Windy City is usually a huge edge for the Bears, but the Patriots are right at home in the worst winter can dish out. The forecast for Solider Field is calling for snow flurries and a powerful wind getting up to 35 mph, which will cool the field to a nasty five degrees. Expect both offenses to shorten up the passing game as well as a couple missed field goals. This is when Devin Hester is at his best on special teams.

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=214798

Toughest game of the year so far for the Bears I think. Let's hope they come ready to play. This miserable weather will help the Bears on defense as it will likely limit the Patriots passing attack a little, just as long as the Bears tackle well. Matt Forte becomes a huge key for a Bears win today. He will probably get close to 25 carries in this game if he can tack off 125-150+ yards on the ground with a touchdown or two the odds shift heavily in our favor. It will not only keep the Bears offense out on the field but it will setup the play action for when we get close to the goal line. If there are two things that we need to do to win this game it's establish the running game and sack Tom Brady multiple times and hopefully force him to throw a pick or two. The Bears defense is going to need to be forcing alot of turnovers in this game and I think they can do it!