Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, 1/23/11

balta1701-A

I hear ya! I'm starting to become a nervous wreck! I will pretty much be useless until game time! And I'm sure my closest freinds and collegaues would say I'm useless anyway!

Ah, indeed, but my preference was based on being so wound up for this next one, regardless of whatever goes down at the Super Bowl...I'll worry about the SB later.

You see that news article where the ticket broker says this conference championship is the hottest ticket going in Chicago sports history? I know I'm not the only one. It doesn't hurt that this is the one that gets you to the dance...the media day interviews, newspaper press, late night hosts joking about 'em, half the US hunkered down watching our Bears on the big day...that all happens if we beat Green Bay...and doesn't happen to Green Bay at the same time!! Too sweet! I can't wait.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya! I'm starting to become a nervous wreck! I will pretty much be useless until game time! And I'm sure my closest freinds and collegaues would say I'm useless anyway!

I have been thinking about this game all week. I see people walking around base with Packer's Crap and the dirty looks start. Then the smack talking. I get an appetizer before the game because the Blackhawk game is going to be aired by AFN before the Bear commence to the ass whippin'!!!

I am getting all geeked up about this game man! I can hardly wait for it!! I absolutely HATE the Packers and can't wait to see them lose and send us off to the Super Bowl. Besides, if the Packers do happen to win I will never be able to shut my wife's family up about it... :dabears

I am getting all geeked up about this game man! I can hardly wait for it!! I absolutely HATE the Packers and can't wait to see them lose and send us off to the Super Bowl. Besides, if the Packers do happen to win I will never be able to shut my wife's family up about it... :dabears

Silence is Golden...Duct Tape is Silver

Here is what league spokesman Greg Aiello said via Twitter:

Game Ops folks say Soldier Field is in good shape. Field is tarped w/ hot blowers under the tarp and heating coils under the field.

The heating coils under Soldier Field are 70 yards wide, extending beyond the field border that is 53.33 yards (160 feet) wide.

Another point re: Soldier Field. Surface is all grass, not painted dirt. Grass is browning some as grass does in Chicago in January.

Field re-sodded Dec 1 w/new turf installed between sidelines. So turf from sidelines out is firm, but not frozen + continues to be heated.

Since re-sod of Soldier Field, 3 games played, no other events. Heat-8" below surface. Temp kept at 51 degrees. Heating extends to benches.

Less than 10 hours to kickoff, CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT!!

This game all comes down to Cutler. Rodgers surprisingly has very similar stats in wins compared to losses. However, Cutler is night and day. If he plays a decent game the Bears win, if he plays bad we lose.

QB Rating in Losses - 40.7, 69.4, 54.3, 32.9, 43.5

Major Stats in Losses (Total) - 1TD, 9INT, 27 Sacks

10-0 when Cutler has a QB Rating over 80.0 (16-1 all-time)

9-0 when we score at least 21 pts w/ Cutler (14-1 all-time)

So Cutler's QB rating over 80.0 + 21 pts total = Bears win.

With today's football game quickly approaching, I think we should consult what The Book of Football Revelations has prophesied about today's events...

Then I heard a loud voice from the Halas Hall saying to the seven Bears, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of the Bears wrath on the Packers.”

The first Bear went and poured out his bowl on Soldier Field, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the Golden G and worshiped its image.

The second Bear poured out his bowl on Lake Michigan, and it turned into burnt orange like that of a Bears fan, and every living Packer near the sea died.

The third Bear poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became Navy Blue.

The fourth Bear poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch only Packer fans with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of Halas, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

The fifth Bear poured out his bowl on the throne of Lombardi, and its team was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed Halas because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

The sixth Bear poured out his bowl on the great river Chicago, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the monsters of the midway from the lake front.

Then I saw three impure fans that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the Rogers, out of the mouth of the Matthews and out of the mouth of the false prophet McCarthy. They are demonic fans that perform signs, and they go out to corners of the whole world, to gather all football fans for the battle on the great day of January 23rd, 2011.

“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains warmly clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed in this extreme cold.”

Then they gathered the players together to the place that in Chicagoian is called Soldiers Field.

The seventh Bear poured out his bowl into the cold air, and out of the owners box came a loud voice from the throne, saying, “It is done!”

Then there came flashes of fireworks, rumblings of feet, peals of confetti and a massive cheer. No cheer like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the noise. For it sounded like this: “Bear down Chicago Bears…”

The great state of Wisconsin split into three parts, and the cities of the state collapsed. Halas remembered Chicago the Great and gave her the trophy inscribed with the words “NFC Champions”.

If our offense doesn't come out and put some points on the board this could be a long afternoon. Didn't expect the defense to come out this flat. They got demolished on that drive, no pressure at all on Rodgers.

They'll recover.

And that's the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler. Horrible miss on that throw, should have been a 7 point drive there but come away with zero. If the Packers drive down the field again, this is over. Defense better step up.

Eh, Rodgers just overthrew Nelson and Kuhn on back to back plays with Peppers in his face.