2011 Official TalkBears Fantasy Football Check-in

DrunkBomber

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, were missing two owners, I will try to figure out who they are on the forum, if theyre on here. If I dont hear anything in a few days we will need to replace them, we already have some interest so that wont be a big deal.

Mad feel free to post any ideas you have in here or on the yahoo page. So any ideas you guys have lets hear em.

Also, I need two volunteers to help select the draft order. I need one person to assign each team a number 1-10 and then I need one person to randomize numbers 1-10 and make a draft order, not knowing what number represents what team. So if you are willing to help with this let me know and we can get it done sooner. We wont have a problem doing it before the last 2 owners are found either because we can just use the name of the team from last season for now to find the order and if we need a new owner they will have that roster to pick a keeper from anyway so it wont matter.

I sadly can't recall the other 2...I didn't save any printouts.

I do prefer to discuss the rules here vs on the yahoo league board.

Just some thoughts based on the posts from the yahoo board...

1. I prefer the draft order to be reverse order of finish from last season. I think that since it's a keeper league, since whoever won last year basically "won" and gets to retain a stud that helped him win, he should be at a disatvantage...and vice versa. I think it keeps things easy. And if an owner wants to tank it to try to get a better draft slot next season, so be it! It just adds another dimention.

2. I would prefer to reduce the roster. Both starters and bench. I like having a larger player pool to pick from during the season than a really long draft picking schlubs in the final rounds.

3. I would prefer all picks ups to be on waivers. I like the idea of reverse order and not a free for all. We all work (I assume), have family obligations, etc... And especially during Bears games, my focus is SOLELY on that game. So, I think having an order vs a free for all is just better. At minimum, I'd like to see the free for all start Tuesday morning, after the last game of the week, the MNF game.

4. Have we determined an extact draft day and time?

5. We'll also need payment info...

If we are going with that draft (ie. random order), I'm happy to be one of the guys you need to help. Either or, whatever works best for everyone.

Ok, were missing two owners, I will try to figure out who they are on the forum, if theyre on here. If I dont hear anything in a few days we will need to replace them, we already have some interest so that wont be a big deal.

Mad feel free to post any ideas you have in here or on the yahoo page. So any ideas you guys have lets hear em.

Also, I need two volunteers to help select the draft order. I need one person to assign each team a number 1-10 and then I need one person to randomize numbers 1-10 and make a draft order, not knowing what number represents what team. So if you are willing to help with this let me know and we can get it done sooner. We wont have a problem doing it before the last 2 owners are found either because we can just use the name of the team from last season for now to find the order and if we need a new owner they will have that roster to pick a keeper from anyway so it wont matter.

1. I prefer the draft order to be reverse order of finish from last season. I think that since it's a keeper league, since whoever won last year basically "won" and gets to retain a stud that helped him win, he should be at a disatvantage...and vice versa. I think it keeps things easy. And if an owner wants to tank it to try to get a better draft slot next season, so be it! It just adds another dimention.

2. I would prefer to reduce the roster. Both starters and bench. I like having a larger player pool to pick from during the season than a really long draft picking schlubs in the final rounds.

3. I would prefer all picks ups to be on waivers. I like the idea of reverse order and not a free for all. We all work (I assume), have family obligations, etc... And especially during Bears games, my focus is SOLELY on that game. So, I think having an order vs a free for all is just better. At minimum, I'd like to see the free for all start Tuesday morning, after the last game of the week, the MNF game.

If we are going with that draft (ie. random order), I'm happy to be one of the guys you need to help. Either or, whatever works best for everyone.

I will help with the draft lead in, since football is back I am on here everyday, so let me know what you want me to do.

Does anyone oppose to reverse order? It makes the most sense to me tbh. Ill abstain from voting because Im the commissioner but Nopper said he prefers reverse order and would be ok with trimming down rosters. First and foremost, does anyone have any issues with either of these ideas?

Nope. I'm for both as you could imagine from my earlier post.

But, to make it official I'm for reverse order and trimming the roster.

Does anyone oppose to reverse order? It makes the most sense to me tbh. Ill abstain from voting because Im the commissioner but Nopper said he prefers reverse order and would be ok with trimming down rosters. First and foremost, does anyone have any issues with either of these ideas?

Do you have info on who the TalkBears usernames were for those teams?

Was one nfo? I've not seen him in these parts for a long while...

Also, were missing the DevilDogs and Black&Blues brothers. Anyone know or heard from either of them? If we dont hear from them in a few days we will have to replace them.

Nice & easy, why complicate it. It's the standard system far as I know & works fine

reduce it a bit, drop the WR/TE flex at least

Don't forget time differences. Reverse orders on waivers & when someone uses a waiver they go to the back of the queue

Also, were missing the DevilDogs and Black&Blues brothers. Anyone know or heard from either of them? If we dont hear from them in a few days we will have to replace them.

Black&Blues brothers = NFO

DevilDogs = copart49(?)

email addresses are listed too.

Not hard to find, click on fantasy profile on yahoo then click last years league & then click managers

I know, right? I reached out to him a while back ...maybe December or such and he made mention that things were well, but he was getting busy. I hope that still is the case and he is just a little too busy with either work or life to post regularly.

What happened to NFO? Since this site originated, he averaged what seemed like 75 messages per day. He hasn't posted since November.

And Crackerdog as well... I miss the banter between them!

I know, right? I reached out to him a while back ...maybe December or such and he made mention that things were well, but he was getting busy. I hope that still is the case and he is just a little too busy with either work or life to post regularly.

And Crackerdog as well... I miss the banter between them!

I remember Cracker checking in during the draft. I hope we'll see more of him once the games start.

This was like a full time job for NFO. You'd comment on something he said and in 20 minutes you'd get a 1000 word rebuttal. It's weird he just vanished.

I remember Cracker checking in during the draft. I hope we'll see more of him once the games start.

This was like a full time job for NFO. You'd comment on something he said and in 20 minutes you'd get a 1000 word rebuttal. It's weird he just vanished.

That's how it is it seems with a lot of people. I am sure come regular season games that NFO will be back. During the off season I am not on very much either. Its tough for me cuz the only way for me to check in during the week is my phone and lately I've been on the road for 2 straight weeks before I come home for a week. And just an FYI, next sunday the family and I will be taking off for vacation. A very much needed 1 for sure. We will be gone for a week, however I will leave my number with the commish so he can text or call me so If I am needed to vote on something.

Damn! I did that badly last year? My selctive memory thought I at least made it to second worst!

Have we determined an exact draft day and time?

Also, is there a list of players on roster to pick the keeper from? or is that on the yahoo site?

Well since there wasnt any resistance here will be the draft order

1. The Mad Lithuanians

2. Bluecollarbears

3. Cali Bears

4. Nopper

5. New owner

6. DevilDogs

7. The Bunny

8. PapaBear

9. Acedthesobrietytest

10. Crushers

*1. Crushers

*2. Acedthesobrietytest

*3. PapaBear

*4. Branch Palinians

*5. DevilDogs

*6. Black&Blues Brothers

7. Nopper

8. Cali Bears

9. Bluecollarbears

10. The Mad Lithuanians

Here were the final standings. You also need to remember they accounted for winning games in the consolation playoffs. You were in 9th but Nopper who was in 10th won a playoff game so he finished ahead of you.