Enderle Takes Bulk of 2nd Team Reps

lemonej

ESPN CHGO is reporting that Nathan Enderle took the bulk of the 2nd team reps at practice today. The also claim that Lovie said it was based on the way they played Sat.

I like what I saw from Enderle but there is no way he would be my #2 going into the season. If Martz didn't like Hanie, they should have brought in a veteran in the off-season.

Peace :dabears

I like what I saw from Enderle but there is no way he would be my #2 going into the season. If Martz didn't like Hanie, they should have brought in a veteran in the off-season.

I read some more on the trib site and he clearly looks like he has gotten demoted. As it was reported that he was visibly upset leaving the field and declined to talk to reporters.

Whoa whoa whoa!! That'll be enough of that talk! I've seen enough of Martz's desired back-up's to last 10 lifetimes...

I get the very bad feeling Martz just has it in for Hanie.

I do not trust his QB evaluation. If I'm Smith I just tell him, Hanie is the #2...if something happens to Jay, figure it out mastermind. Use the parts you have.

I read some more on the trib site and he clearly looks like he has gotten demoted. As it was reported that he was visibly upset leaving the field and declined to talk to reporters.

I get the very bad feeling Martz just has it in for Hanie.

I do not trust his QB evaluation. If I'm Smith I just tell him, Hanie is the #2...if something happens to Jay, figure it out mastermind. Use the parts you have.

I believe they've already told him that in regards to the OL.

....or perhaps they want to see what they have in Enderle? Putting him at #2 now really is insignificant. If for no other reason than to get him some more time to play more in the next one or two pre-season games. I wouldn't read into the "reports" of Hanie being upset too much. "They" said the same about Forte and Knox and both have personally shown and expressed otherwise.

Who's ass didn't Caleb Haine kiss this time? My god, it seems that this kid can't do anything right. First he gets a slap in the face by putting a downright pathetic Todd Collins in ahead of him all year last season, and now he's getting demoted after one preseason game to a rookie that really didn't even play well on Saturday? I'm getting so sick of Martz. Its pretty clear that this Enderle kid is not ready to be a backup quarterback in the NFL. I mean it's not like Caleb Haine didn't just finish coming off of an NFC championship game where he almost lead the Bears to a comeback victory over the Green Bay Packers recently. Imagine Haine and Nathan Enderle switching places in that scenario. I don't know about you but I'd prefer Caleb 10/10 times over a guy that's never played in the NFL.

Who's ass didn't Caleb Haine kiss this time? My god, it seems that this kid can't do anything right. First he gets a slap in the face by putting a downright pathetic Todd Collins in ahead of him all year last season, and now he's getting demoted after one preseason game to a rookie that really didn't even play well on Saturday? I'm getting so sick of Martz. Its pretty clear that this Enderle kid is not ready to be a backup quarterback in the NFL. I mean it's not like Caleb Haine didn't just finish coming off of an NFC championship game where he almost lead the Bears to a comeback victory over the Green Bay Packers recently. Imagine Haine and Nathan Enderle switching places in that scenario. I don't know about you but I'd prefer Caleb 10/10 times over a guy that's never played in the NFL.

I agree. More Martz bs.

I believe they've already told him that in regards to the OL.

I don't think Martz control over the o-line. Maybe it's the media's portrayal, but I get the impression Tice has the final word on the o-line. Martz likes quick o-lineman that sustain long blocks. Meanwhile, we draft Carimi who specializes in run blocking.

Daryl Drake was pissed at Knox's demotion. Lance Louis starts because Tice calls him "elite" . . . .

Either way, Martz sure as hell doesn't like Hanie, but JA does . . .

Why is the #2 QB always the most popular guy in Chicago? Hanie would be a nice #3 QB on most teams and a bad #2. All Hanie proved in the championship game is that he wasn't as bad as Todd Collins.

That being said, Enderle was sacked 5 times. How the hell do you get sacked 5 times against 4th stringers???

sadly Haine could out play Enderle and still wind up #3. Everyone in Bears nation knew last season especially after that carolina game where collins did all he could to earn MVP honors for the Panthers by trying to give them the game. That Haine should have been the #2 all season last year and Collins should have been the "Oh Crap!" emergency QB and only allowed to hand the ball off. Yet even after this wonderfully odious performance Collins remained the #2 guy. Who else said "we're doomed" when Cutler was done and in came Collins in the title game. Who knows had Haine stepped in to start the second half rather than wasting several offensive possessions out of stubbornness before it became obvious nothing good was going to happen with Collins in there. Once could argue we may have had a better chance of pulling that game out. It's stuff like that that makes me think that no matter how good Haine plays this preseason, and no matter how crappy Enderle plays. Enderle will be the #2 guy. They were high on Enderle in the draft and they will try to keep nailing jello to the wall till it's beyond obvious that it won't stay up there.

The sad part of this really is with the sieve of an OL that we have Cutler's always one play away from IR. When you have a franchise QB as your number 1 and your offensive line is this bad, you should have an outstanding plan B. Problem is we don't seem as worried as we we should (coaching and FO wise) about who our #2 guy He's one play away from being the #1.

Looks like I'm the only one who wasn't impressed with Hanie's performance against Buffalo. I expect much more from him, not the static, "oh my god where do I go with the football" look he had on every pass play.

I am not saying Enderle out played him but when I consider that Hanie has had the bulk of the practice reps then yes, Enderle didn't look a whole lot worse. Which opens up the question of what can Enderle do if given more practice reps? Either way, I have no problem with the accountability.

There will be accountability on the Oline if players perform the same as they did against Buffalo but it would be ingorant of the staff not to acknowledge the timing and coordination issues needed across the 5 Oline players takes some time. They must show progress or other options will be considered.

As far as Tice calling Louis elite...don't mistake "elite athleticism" for "elite RG". There are a lot of elite athletes in the NFL who aren't elite players...Vernon Gholston, Lance Louis, Danieal Manning, etc.

Haine can do no right because Martz doesn't like him. It's really that simple. That other kid I thought looked pretty terrible on Saturday. He stood forever in the pocket and had the delivery of a Tim Tebow. I realize he's a project rookie but lets be real here. He is in no position to take over as a backup quarterback. Haine atleast has some experience and mobility.

SPOT F*&KING ON!

I don't think anyone here was saying he put on a Montana-esque showing in the first preseason game. I, at least, am coming from having seen him perfrom numerous times...and most improtantly, on the grand stage of the NFC championship game.

I like Hanie's moxie. Apparently Martz does not.

Neither him or Enderle are amazing at this point. But, I would give the keys ot the car to Hanie is something happens to Jay.

Looks like I'm the only one who wasn't impressed with Hanie's performance against Buffalo. I expect much more from him, not the static, "oh my god where do I go with the football" look he had on every pass play.

I am not saying Enderle out played him but when I consider that Hanie has had the bulk of the practice reps then yes, Enderle didn't look a whole lot worse. Which opens up the question of what can Enderle do if given more practice reps? Either way, I have no problem with the accountability.

There will be accountability on the Oline if players perform the same as they did against Buffalo but it would be ingorant of the staff not to acknowledge the timing and coordination issues needed across the 5 Oline players takes some time. They must show progress or other options will be considered.

As far as Tice calling Louis elite...don't mistake "elite athleticism" for "elite RG". There are a lot of elite athletes in the NFL who aren't elite players...Vernon Gholston, Lance Louis, Danieal Manning, etc.

....or perhaps they want to see what they have in Enderle? Putting him at #2 now really is insignificant. If for no other reason than to get him some more time to play more in the next one or two pre-season games. I wouldn't read into the "reports" of Hanie being upset too much. "They" said the same about Forte and Knox and both have personally shown and expressed otherwise.

I pretty much agree right now. I don't think it matters all that much whether someone is #2 or #3 in the preseason when it comes to QB. You already know you aren't going to be on the playing field unless someone is injured.

The sad part of this really is with the sieve of an OL that we have Cutler's always one play away from IR. When you have a franchise QB as your number 1 and your offensive line is this bad, you should have an outstanding plan B. Problem is we don't seem as worried as we we should (coaching and FO wise) about who our #2 guy He's one play away from being the #1.

Ain't that the truth. Aside from being an OL advocate, I've always been irritated by the Bears' aversion to QB development. Look at the Patriots...they have Brady and still spent a third on Mallet. Or even worse (for the Bears), look at what Green Bay has done over the years.

I pretty much agree right now. I don't think it matters all that much whether someone is #2 or #3 in the preseason when it comes to QB. You already know you aren't going to be on the playing field unless someone is injured.

Yup, think Daventry is in the same corner. So what if it's Hanie or Enderle right now?

And to those that think this way, where was it said that Martz doesn't like Hanie?

Hanie hasn't exactly lit up the scene. I don't hear anyone worried that he threw 5 INTs in one practice. Perhaps that's proof of what we saw in the first game, he's holding the ball too long. He's been given first crack at the #2 spot and given his experience he should easily win it over a rookie but again, I have no problem with him having to earn it.

Caleb Hanie was in a much better mood Tuesday.

A day after the backup quarterback was working with the third string, Hanie was back running with the second team ahead of rookie Nathan Enderle.

Hours before the team's night practice, Hanie said his reps would be back to normal. Coach Lovie Smith and the staff wanted to give Enderle a longer look Monday after the fifth-round pick performed well in Saturday's 10-3 exhibition victory over the Bills.

Tuesday, Enderle didn't get any snaps until near the end of practice in full team drills.

Hanie had an average night as he returned to the backup role. His passes underneath were crisp but he missed on several long balls.

He had one pass intercepted by Corey Graham and another tipped by Nick Roach and picked off by Craig Steltz.

"It's not going well," Hanie said of training camp. "It's just middle of the road. I'm still getting timing back and rhythm back and all that stuff."

Link

And just like that, Caleb is back at #2. And throwing INTs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...story?track=rss

And apparently Maybin turned down a deal by the Bears

Evidently for the rest of camp he will get extended reps with the second team once a week.If that is the case then maybe once a week someone on the O-line should get to have his reps diminished for a day.Watching the video of Hanie walking off the practice field with his head down and not talking to reporters after he has been talking all camp,clearly tells me he was upset and today he is much better and talking again.Clearly neither he nor Enderle knew this was going to happen and that is what is puzzling to. As for Martz's like or dislike for Hanie, 2 drafted QBs and a washed up veteran and even checking the tires of Guttierrez in only 2 offseasons speaks volumes IMO.