What is our draft status now?

Connorbear

Prior to today, they would've picked 18th. However, there were some teams ahead of them that won in week 16, like Cincinnati, Seattle, and Tennessee. I would guess the Bears will pick 13th in the draft. Just a hunch.

They said 16th on the radio last night.

Peace :dabears

Here is the current draft order:

1. IND 2-13

2. STL 2-13

3. MIN 3-12

4. CLE 4-11

5. JAX 4-11

6. TB 4-11

7. WAS 5-10

8. MIA 5-10

9. CAR 6-9

10. BUF 6-9

11. KC 6-9

12. ARZ 7-8 vs SEA

13. PHI 7-8 vs WAS

14. SEA 7-8 @ ARZ

15. SD 7-8 @ OAK

16. CHI 7-8

17. NYJ 8-7 @ MIA

18. TEN 8-7 @ HOU

19. DEN 8-7 vs KC

20. OAK 8-7 vs SD

21. NYG 8-7 vs DAL

22. DAL 8-7 @ NYG

Right now we are 16th, and have the best SoS of the bunch, so we will always lose the tie breaker with the same record. That said, we can fall all the way to 20th with a win; NYJ and TEN losses, and one of DEN and OAK loses (one wins the West). NYG plays DAL, so one of them will be 8-8.

Now if we can somehow pull out a loss next week (we have been good at that lately), we will be guaranteed no worse than 15th, and can get all the way to 13th if SD and PHI both win. ARZ and SEA play each other, so one will be 8-8.

A Top 15 pick would be tasty, because there are always Top 10 talent in the Top 15 who have fallen due to draft needs. Here are 15 quick names, someone would be there at #15:

Luck-QB

Griffin-QB

Jones-QB

Richardson-RB

Blackmon-WR

Jeffery-WR

Floyd-WR

Kalil-OT

Martin-OT

Reiff-OT

DeCastro-G

Coples-DE

Claiborne-CB

Kirkpatrick-CB

Kuechly-ILB

Also hoping for a CAR loss, so we get a solid 3rd rounder from them, giving us 4 picks in the first 80.

I don't like the tiebreaker rules. We have a harder schedule so we pick after a team that beat us with the same record? Why not only use the strength of schedule against teams you beat? Who cares if we lost to a 14-1 team, and another team with the same record lost to a 10-5 team. Are we any better because we lost to a better team?

So, the Bears can pick 13th at the best or 20th at the worst, right?

Yep, right now we are 16th, and we can get to 13th with a loss and SD/PHI wins or drop to 20th with a win and a few other team losses.

So this weekend, root for a loss and SD and PHI wins.

Its tough to get excited about where the Bears will pick for me as long as JA is making the picks.

I agree that I dont trust JA but I think last years draft could turn into the best he has done. Carmi, Conte, Paea, Sanzenbacker, and throw in Enderle? I would that could turn out to be three above average starters and a possible contributor in Sanz. we dont know about Enderle.

I agree that I dont trust JA but I think last years draft could turn into the best he has done. Carmi, Conte, Paea, Sanzenbacker, and throw in Enderle? I would that could turn out to be three above average starters and a possible contributor in Sanz. we dont know about Enderle.

Sanzenbacher was a undrafted free agent.

We also haven't see JT Harris play (put on IR before the beginning of the year).

Guaranteed the 19th pick. Since SD and PHI won, we could've had the 13th pick with a loss. That one win cost 6 slots, wow.

1. IND 2-14

2. STL 2-14

3. MIN 3-13

4. CLE 4-12

5. TB 4-12

6. WAS 5-11

7. JAX 5-11 *

8. MIA 6-10 *

9. CAR 6-10

10. BUF 6-10

11. KC 7-9 *

12. SEA 7-9

13. ARZ 8-8 *

14. DAL 8-8 (assuming they lose)

15. PHI 8-8 *

16. NYJ 8-8

17. OAK 8-8

18. SD 8-8 *

19. CHI 8-8 *

20. TEN 9-7 *

Teams with asterisks won in Week 17.

Yeah, the 8-8 teams that won all hurt themselves the most. SD lost about 5 slots, and I believe KC and PHI lost 4. No team, however, lost more than the Bears with that win. Which is crazy considering there was absolutely nothing to gain with a win other than saying you didn't finish with a losing record.

I wanted them to lose but here's the thing - there was no way the coaches and players were going out there and not trying to win. We're drafting 19. No use worrying about it now.

A positive note is Carolina lost and we have the 9th pick in the third round from them.

Exactly...

It is what it is.

Now, to hope and pray the broken clock is right for the second time in a day... JA is probably picking for us again, and that simply concerns me more than anything.

I wanted them to lose but here's the thing - there was no way the coaches and players were going out there and not trying to win. We're drafting 19. No use worrying about it now.

A positive note is Carolina lost and we have the 9th pick in the third round from them.

That is true, but you can rest starters in the 2nd half and give some younger guys a chance at some reps. With nothing to play for, it would be a good time to evaluate some of the younger players (Enderle?)

Also, actually the Carolina pick is the 10th for the 3rd round since the teams with the same record cycle the picks. They have the 9th in the first, 8th in the second, and the 10th in the third. So we lose there a well, lol.