Aaron Rodgers

CubbiesFan07

After watching them this whole season (living in MN...) and seeing the weapons that he has to become the QB that he is, I don't give many props to Aaron Rodgers. Granted, he can throw the ball, and do it nicely with minimizing his mistakes. But when you have 5 WR and 2 TE on your team, that would compete for the 1 & 2 spots on almost ANY team in the league, you had better do a great job with them.

Watching them all season, including the game tonight, just showed how often his WR are left wide open in a route and can catch the ball. Constantly they are on perfect timing. Now, whether that's their 'chemistry' or not, the speed and intelligence that ALL their WR have on the field is amazing. When Donald Driver becomes you're 4th / 5th option to go to, you know that you have a stacked position.

Hell, if the Bears had just one WR that could get open as often as Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings, this team would be almost unstoppable. Constantly I see the throws around a defender, and it's not just a late throw or a bad route, I see a DB running stride for stride with our WR's week in and week out. I don't know what the difference is, or how the Packers WR's are running their routes, but they are constantly open.

Makes you wonder how Hanie would do in an offense like that. Time to throw, WR that are open (constantly) and a TE who is a WR is ability but TE in size, how can you not compete?

What an excellent scouting team by the Packers.

But, overall, I don't think Rodgers would be NEARLY as good with a WR core such as the Bears have - not even close. He can throw, and be accurate, don't get me wrong, but you're only as good as the people you play with.

umm, Aaron Rodgers is becoming one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play this game. Every great quarterback has to have great players around him, but all you have to do is watch him throw the ball to know he's well on his way to perhaps dethroning Joe Montana as the quintessential GOAT. Some of the throws he makes don't even happen in video games. The guy is unreal. Credit to the coaching he's gotten since becoming a Packer. Watch his throwing motion and footwork at Cal and then watch it now, it's like night and day.

In fact, Rottengers throws to step-for-step covered recievers all the time. He's basically exploiting that DBs who are scared of getting beat just won't turn around. They call it the back shoulder throw. What they should call it is the "DB with low ball awareness and hope like hell my WR won't allow a pick since he's covered like glue but I'm chunking it up there anyway" pass. It's irritating. If our QB threw that pass to Roy Williams or Devin Hester, even they probably wouldn't turn around.

After watching them this whole season (living in MN...) and seeing the weapons that he has to become the QB that he is, I don't give many props to Aaron Rodgers. Granted, he can throw the ball, and do it nicely with minimizing his mistakes. But when you have 5 WR and 2 TE on your team, that would compete for the 1 & 2 spots on almost ANY team in the league, you had better do a great job with them.

Watching them all season, including the game tonight, just showed how often his WR are left wide open in a route and can catch the ball. Constantly they are on perfect timing. Now, whether that's their 'chemistry' or not, the speed and intelligence that ALL their WR have on the field is amazing. When Donald Driver becomes you're 4th / 5th option to go to, you know that you have a stacked position.

Hell, if the Bears had just one WR that could get open as often as Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings, this team would be almost unstoppable. Constantly I see the throws around a defender, and it's not just a late throw or a bad route, I see a DB running stride for stride with our WR's week in and week out. I don't know what the difference is, or how the Packers WR's are running their routes, but they are constantly open.

Makes you wonder how Hanie would do in an offense like that. Time to throw, WR that are open (constantly) and a TE who is a WR is ability but TE in size, how can you not compete?

What an excellent scouting team by the Packers.

But, overall, I don't think Rodgers would be NEARLY as good with a WR core such as the Bears have - not even close. He can throw, and be accurate, don't get me wrong, but you're only as good as the people you play with.

When do you get checked back in the Mental Institute. He will be one of the best ever.

Rodgers is too damn good.

How is it we get cursed with Favre then this guy? Seriously...the law of averages on that must be similar to winning a lottery for Green Bay. What were the stats? Something like we've started 97 QB since they had only Favre and Rodgers. It's almost depressing...

Unfortunately Rodgers is probably a Top 5 QB, of all time, he is that good. Just look at his career numbers, with basically no running game and a bad defense. Now to a degree, any player is elevated based on his teammates, so Rodgers is fortunate to have a great receiving corps, but they also benefit from having him as a QB.

And he sat for a few years. Never thrown into the fire. And had the same O coordinator,etc since the inception. It's the perfect storm.

Unfortunately Rodgers is probably a Top 5 QB, of all time, he is that good. Just look at his career numbers, with basically no running game and a bad defense. Now to a degree, any player is elevated based on his teammates, so Rodgers is fortunate to have a great receiving corps, but they also benefit from having him as a QB.

This thread made me laugh a lot. Rodgers is one of the top two QBs in the NFL. Period. His WRs are significantly better than the Bears', but he has a VERY large part in that. Seriously. Who the F is Jordy Nelson without Rodgers? Same for Jones. Rodgers is ridiculously accurate, has a cannon, great footwork and mechanics, and has been in the same offense since he got in town.

This thread made me laugh a lot. Rodgers is one of the top two QBs in the NFL. Period. His WRs are significantly better than the Bears', but he has a VERY large part in that. Seriously. Who the F is Jordy Nelson without Rodgers? Same for Jones. Rodgers is ridiculously accurate, has a cannon, great footwork and mechanics, and has been in the same offense since he got in town.

With enemies like you, why does Rodgers need friends?

And he sat for a few years. Never thrown into the fire. And had the same O coordinator,etc since the inception. It's the perfect storm.

So freakin true MAD the perfect storm,

Rodgers is a stud, you cant argue that, but having the best wr group in the nfl helps out and you cant argue that. being the same system really helps too. Put Rodgers with our WR group and then a new OC every other year i would bet a large sum of money you would not be seeing the production we are seeing this year.

With enemies like you, why does Rodgers need friends?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Rodgers go down with a non-career threatening, but otherwise massive injury. Put him on another team and I don't think that way. But I'm sick of seeing the packers have all the QB luck and the Bears having nearly none. There is no denying, however, that the dude is one of the top 2 QBs in the NFL.

Rodgers is a stud, you cant argue that, but having the best wr group in the nfl helps out and you cant argue that. being the same system really helps too. Put Rodgers with our WR group and then a new OC every other year i would bet a large sum of money you would not be seeing the production we are seeing this year.

Look what flynn did with all those weapons......... Wait how long has flynn been in that system??

Flynn was nothing special at lsu

Put him with those wr, plus te and see what happens??!!!

Rodgers is good, but he has a lot and I mean a lot of help

Flynn is good because of the talent around him but also because of the coaches. After watching this kid carve up New England last year, he reminded me of Aaron Rodgers.. mannerisms and all were nearly identical to Rodgers.

I don't know if anyone remembers when the Bears were looking for an OC they called the packers to talk to Tom Clements the QB coach and were denied, very similar to when the Bears denied access to Tice this past offseason.Clements is probably the hottest assistant that no one is talking about.

Make that a perfect storm system.... you want to see how to groom QB's in the NFL... as much as I hate to say it... look at GB. Farve was there forever look at the guys they had under him who went on to be starters elsewhere. Favre was their guy but they continued to draft and develop the next guy. When Favre was gone Rodgers was there to step in having sat behind Brett for a few years. Right now that guy being developed is Flyn They will probably continue to draft a QB every few years. This is how teams who are well managed rotate talent and seem to always have talent at various positions. My guess is Flynn will be traded somewhere else and become that teams starter for a while and the Packers will have the next guy to develop.

The Bears on the other hand are clueless on the art of drafting and developing talent. We didn't draft Cutler, we gave up a crap load of picks in a trade to get him. Who do we have under him to develop? Haine who's regressed since he's gotten here to the point where a guy who's not started an NFL game in 4 years and was recently coaching kids came in and looked far better than Caleb who'd been in the system for a few years. McCown looked decent, enderlee who the heck knows what we have in him. This staff seems to know nothing about developing talent. The bears are a franchise that doesn't plan for the future but rather plans for the present, if nothing else to keep the team just competitive enough to keep people in the stands. The Packers on the other hand are an example of a team that plans for the present but not at the expense of the future as well. You build todays team with tomorrows team in mind.