Braylon Edwards released

GakMan23

Injuries, underwhelming performance, locker room issues, AND legal problems? No thanks.

If most on this board will reject sure fire hall of famers like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens for just locker room issues, then there is no way in hell this idea gets support.

Cant say pass until i see what JA does via free agency and draft. If he does the same thing he has done the last 3 or 3 or 10 years then i would say sign him up.

If he goes out and gets a real WR then maybe i would say no.

As far as the locker room problems i would point out that Burress, TO and Moss all changed their tunes when they got on a good team and were ready to grow up!!

Guest TerraTor
Injuries, underwhelming performance, locker room issues, AND legal problems? No thanks.

If most on this board will reject sure fire hall of famers like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens for just locker room issues, then there is no way in hell this idea gets support.

he's about as close to useless as Roy Williams

We need to add a proven WR not a one year wonder.

I wouldn't call Edwards a "1 year wonder", but he's also not going to transform this offense the way other guys could. Teamed with another wr, either from the draft or FA, that could make a solid group. Floyd/Bennett/Edwards/knox/Dane...that's starting to become a threatening group, for exqmple.

Cant say pass until i see what JA does via free agency and draft. If he does the same thing he has done the last 3 or 3 or 10 years then i would say sign him up.

If he goes out and gets a real WR then maybe i would say no.

As far as the locker room problems i would point out that Burress, TO and Moss all changed their tunes when they got on a good team and were ready to grow up!!

Gotta agree. The team missed an opportunity in Plaxico for not considering him probably because of his "past". And, as was seen, he turned things around pretty well in New Jersey.

Of course, as Chitown pointed out, if someone else were to come along of a higher caliber then forget it. But if Edwards were given A LOT of incentives to meet and looked as though he were heading in the right direction, why not?

And to Williams' benefit, he showed some pretty good promise with McNown throwing to him. Granted he had quite a bit of short term negative history to overcome.