Heard some real shit yesterday

Chitownhustla

These point were said on the Score by Hub, these are things coming out of Halas Hall

Ted Phillips fired JA really to get the hot seat away from himself.

In Ted's presser he said he had a list of potential GM's. Word is no one is interested in the GM job, or should i say no one worth a shit is interested in even interviewing for the job. We know Mckenzie was not interested, look at his first move, Jackson fired. Tell me the Lovie rule by the Bears didnt make Mckenzie not even consider the Bears. Decosta took himself off the list. That leaves Les Snead from ATL- since his name surfaced i have not heard a thing. I wonder if the Bears reached out to him and he has already shot the Bears down??? So the Bears fire JA which i think had to happen and should have happened sooner but now that they did it they have no one that wants the job. Can you believe this shit?????????? I had hoped that the rule that Lovie is our coach next year would not keep people from wanting the GM job but i guess it is keeping guys from wanting to come to the Bears.

So who is going to be the next GM??? Hub says in the Halas Hall the word is Ruskill. For a couple of reasons, 1 no one else wants it, 2 he is already on the payroll for a million and JA is owed 5 million. Ted's an accountant he thinks about things differently then football minds. So it being more cost effective to promote Ruskill wins in the end.

Wishfull thinking= Ruskill learned from his mistakes in Sea and wont do them again.

What i am really thinking= I hate this move with a passion

Side note= I guess this whole when Virgina Dies porblem with estate tax may force the McCaskey family to sell. From what Hub said they would have to come up with 300 million in taxes to keep the team and people do not think they can do it. Does anyone else have any info on this? I have heard this a couple of times and wonder how true it is.

Worse comes to worse, have Ruskell fill the position for a year and clean house next year if everything falls through the floor. Unfortunately they will probably make the playoffs and the cycle continues.

Peace :dabears

I hear ya, only thing that pisses me off about it is the aging D, I think we got 2 years left with URL playing at a high level. You can see this year the difference in Url speed and quickness.

Maybe my thinking is wrong but why do the Bears not offer a boat load of money to bring in the best GM possible??? If Ted Phillips is really worried about being on the hot seat he should be doing something like that. This could backfire in his face. He fires JA and then can not bring in someone better and then the Bears lose next year and have to fire Lovie and crew. Maybe that makes George really clean house and fire his ass!!

All this talk about George talking to Rocky Wertz (to get advice on how to turn things around) burns me out, George must not have been listening.

It is what it is. We're squandered that D for virtually a decade. So, another year of wasting it really isn't all that shocking.

I just think that candidates don't really want the job at the moment. They can see what's going on as easily as all of us. For instance, DeCosta can cruise in BAL for a little longer, wait for Teddy and Smith to get their walking papers, then attempt it. I'm sure other candidate are thinking similarly. I'm sure there's a hungry enough guy out there that would take it. But, he may not be the best. It does make sense for Ruskell to get the gig. For the last 4 Bears hires, that's been the team's MO for the most part. Rivera out, Babich promoted from within. Babich demoted, Marinelli promoted from within. Turner fired, Martz hired as a good buddy...this is the only one that doesn't quite follow the pattern. Martz fired, Tice hired from within. Everything points to Ruskell getting the gig.

Regarding George and Wertz, they are different people. Talk is cheap. The first think Georgie Boy did in his presser was to distance himself. That spoke volumes.

Interesting about if Virgie passes, the McCaskey boys may have to sell. Sadly, that may be the franchise's only hope for truly realizing its full potential. It's sad, because everything I've read about the old lady is that she is a class act.

I hear ya, only thing that pisses me off about it is the aging D, I think we got 2 years left with URL playing at a high level. You can see this year the difference in Url speed and quickness.

Maybe my thinking is wrong but why do the Bears not offer a boat load of money to bring in the best GM possible??? If Ted Phillips is really worried about being on the hot seat he should be doing something like that. This could backfire in his face. He fires JA and then can not bring in someone better and then the Bears lose next year and have to fire Lovie and crew. Maybe that makes George really clean house and fire his ass!!

All this talk about George talking to Rocky Wertz (to get advice on how to turn things around) burns me out, George must not have been listening.

Worse comes to worse, have Ruskell fill the position for a year and clean house next year if everything falls through the floor. Unfortunately they will probably make the playoffs and the cycle continues.

Peace :dabears

You got that shit right. Cycle. Jauron almost fired, gets lucky one season mostly because of the players and not because of coaching, gets an extension. He finally gets dumped, and the Bears go through virtually the same thing with Lovie. In 2006 he got the team to the SB, but many here thought it had less to do with his coaching than the national media made it out to be. Sure enough, he gets completely outcoached in the SB, but nonetheless has the national support to get the extension. Luckily :rolleyes: the team won the final two games, finishing 7-9 to get a worse draft position. 2008 rolls around and the team underperforms, again, but they manage to win 3 of the last 4, just enough to make the draft position worse while not making the playoffs. In 2009, what do you know?, the Bears go 7-9, but it's a damn good thing they won those last two games and screwed up their draft position while not making the playoffs again. Smith getting fired rumors begin to surface, but they don't fire him, and he leads the team to the NFC Championship game...just in time to have a few more shitty years where draft position is screwed up and the team floats around .500. But I'm not bitter about it at all.

Let's hope the cycle has ended and something new begins, because I can't take another year or two of Lovie wearing a zombie mask and leading this team to a mediocre record with minimal change and improvement, only to get a pardon from the governor right before execution.

It is what it is. We're squandered that D for virtually a decade. So, another year of wasting it really isn't all that shocking.

I just think that candidates don't really want the job at the moment. They can see what's going on as easily as all of us. For instance, DeCosta can cruise in BAL for a little longer, wait for Teddy and Smith to get their walking papers, then attempt it. I'm sure other candidate are thinking similarly. I'm sure there's a hungry enough guy out there that would take it. But, he may not be the best. It does make sense for Ruskell to get the gig. For the last 4 Bears hires, that's been the team's MO for the most part. Rivera out, Babich promoted from within. Babich demoted, Marinelli promoted from within. Turner fired, Martz hired as a good buddy...this is the only one that doesn't quite follow the pattern. Martz fired, Tice hired from within. Everything points to Ruskell getting the gig.

Regarding George and Wertz, they are different people. Talk is cheap. The first think Georgie Boy did in his presser was to distance himself. That spoke volumes.

Interesting about if Virgie passes, the McCaskey boys may have to sell. Sadly, that may be the franchise's only hope for truly realizing its full potential. It's sad, because everything I've read about the old lady is that she is a class act.

I actually think the Marinelli hiring was more Lovie hooking his buddy up than anything else. The fact that he wasn't DC right away was just a way of waiting out Babich until it was the right time to fire him without losing face in the media and around the league.

But wasn't Perry Fewell interviewed and went elsewhere? Maybe that was just a thought...

Seriously, maybe the bears are doing just that again...waiting it out, looking like they're doing something when they all know damn well it's Ruskell...

Why have we not interviewed a single candidate? If I'm hiring for a position, I move fast and interview who I can, when I can. Unless of course, I already have my guy...

I actually think the Marinelli hiring was more Lovie hooking his buddy up than anything else. The fact that he wasn't DC right away was just a way of waiting out Babich until it was the right time to fire him without losing face in the media and around the league.

These point were said on the Score by Hub, these are things coming out of Halas Hall

In Ted's presser he said he had a list of potential GM's. Word is no one is interested in the GM job, or should i say no one worth a shit is interested in even interviewing for the job. We know Mckenzie was not interested, look at his first move, Jackson fired. Tell me the Lovie rule by the Bears didnt make Mckenzie not even consider the Bears. Decosta took himself off the list. That leaves Les Snead from ATL- since his name surfaced i have not heard a thing. I wonder if the Bears reached out to him and he has already shot the Bears down??? So the Bears fire JA which i think had to happen and should have happened sooner but now that they did it they have no one that wants the job. Can you believe this shit?????????? I had hoped that the rule that Lovie is our coach next year would not keep people from wanting the GM job but i guess it is keeping guys from wanting to come to the Bears.

So who is going to be the next GM??? Hub says in the Halas Hall the word is Ruskill. For a couple of reasons, 1 no one else wants it, 2 he is already on the payroll for a million and JA is owed 5 million. Ted's an accountant he thinks about things differently then football minds. So it being more cost effective to promote Ruskill wins in the end.

Wishfull thinking= Ruskill learned from his mistakes in Sea and wont do them again.

Side note= I guess this whole when Virgina Dies porblem with estate tax may force the McCaskey family to sell. From what Hub said they would have to come up with 300 million in taxes to keep the team and people do not think they can do it. Does anyone else have any info on this? I have heard this a couple of times and wonder how true it is.

Well this is disheartening but not entirely unexpected.

I just hope they are forced to sell, preferrably to cuban.

It all depends on the selling price...

There's a ton of untapped revenue in the team from what I've read in Forbes and other areas. Despite the smaller stadium...

I don't think the Bears would be a very good Cuban style investment. Since they're locked into the smallest stadium in the league,t her'es not a whole lot of opportunities for real revenue growth.

You got that shit right. Cycle. Jauron almost fired, gets lucky one season mostly because of the players and not because of coaching, gets an extension. He finally gets dumped, and the Bears go through virtually the same thing with Lovie. In 2006 he got the team to the SB, but many here thought it had less to do with his coaching than the national media made it out to be. Sure enough, he gets completely outcoached in the SB, but nonetheless has the national support to get the extension. Luckily :rolleyes: the team won the final two games, finishing 7-9 to get a worse draft position. 2008 rolls around and the team underperforms, again, but they manage to win 3 of the last 4, just enough to make the draft position worse while not making the playoffs. In 2009, what do you know?, the Bears go 7-9, but it's a damn good thing they won those last two games and screwed up their draft position while not making the playoffs again. Smith getting fired rumors begin to surface, but they don't fire him, and he leads the team to the NFC Championship game...just in time to have a few more shitty years where draft position is screwed up and the team floats around .500. But I'm not bitter about it at all.

Let's hope the cycle has ended and something new begins, because I can't take another year or two of Lovie wearing a zombie mask and leading this team to a mediocre record with minimal change and improvement, only to get a pardon from the governor right before execution.

Jason the only thing I can think of when you say screwed up draft position is that whether it was the 4th pick or the 31st pick JA was making it and this team was screwed when he was making the picks. BTW after the 09 season draft position didn't really matter because they had no first or second round pick and then used the 2 3rds on Gilbert and Iglesias. This is what was provided for the guy you just dropped 2 first rounders on. The offensive picks in that draft were Iglesias,Knox and Derek Kinder all WRs.The following year they had no first or second also with one of the picks on Cutler and the other on Gaines Adams. Lovie sucks at game management issues, picking coordinators and actually saying something that means anything at a press conference but when you have a GM that constantly makes picks or trades that handcuffs the roster, some how I believe his line of crap to the players must be pretty affective because these players will go all out in meaningless games at the end of the season for him.

BTW if Ruskell gets the job I will throw up for sure.

More info about the tax problem, because there is only 11 share holders they could defer for a number of years and make payments too. The big thing is the kids can't touch any money until they sell the team so it's kind of known the kids want to cash out and have to wait until virgina passes.

More info about the tax problem, because there is only 11 share holders they could defer for a number of years and make payments too. The big thing is the kids can't touch any money until they sell the team so it's kind of known the kids want to cash out and have to wait until virgina passes.

I have a question that I thought a lot of these families do when they own companies or corporations. Can you transfer ownership to another family member to avoid the hassles of estate taxes before a death puts everything in probate? I not sure how the transfer of power went down with the Steinbrenners and the Yankees. I also remember De Bartolo transfering ownership of the 9ers to his sister who still currently owns the team when he was going through a gambling scandal. So why can't the McCaskeys do this ?

I have a question that I thought a lot of these families do when they own companies or corporations. Can you transfer ownership to another family member to avoid the hassles of estate taxes before a death puts everything in probate? I not sure how the transfer of power went down with the Steinbrenners and the Yankees. I also remember De Bartolo transfering ownership of the 9ers to his sister who still currently owns the team when he was going through a gambling scandal. So why can't the McCaskeys do this ?

From my understanding the problem rises from when Papa bear passed away, the way they passed ownership to Virgina saved them the most money then and now those laws have changed so it cant be done the same way which is why the McCaskey's would be on the hook for this huge sum of money.

To answer your question, if the Bears had not passed ownership to Virgina in the manner they did they would be able to do what your are saying.

im pretty much trying to recite what i read about a year ago, ill search for the article to see if i can find something

From my understanding the problem rises from when Papa bear passed away, the way they passed ownership to Virgina saved them the most money then and now those laws have changed so it cant be done the same way which is why the McCaskey's would be on the hook for this huge sum of money.

To answer your question, if the Bears had not passed ownership to Virgina in the manner they did they would be able to do what your are saying.

im pretty much trying to recite what i read about a year ago, ill search for the article to see if i can find something

You actually have answered some of what I asked. The other thing I am trying to find out about is transferral of ownership which in essence would mean that Virginia would step down as CEO and someone else would take the helm preferably George and not Mikey.The problem I have with this report is that it makes this family look like a bunch of morons if they didn't form a corporation to allow a more modern approach to business. Unless Virginia is trying to avoid a power strugglea and hold on to her dad's legacy I can't see why this family wouldn't set up the Bears as a true business corporation. Then again they also have had the smallest NFL stadium built in the last 40 years. If they do have to sell the team I do believe I read where the next highest share holder would have first crack at a purchase and I believe that its a guy named McKenna( don't know if the first name is Pat or Andy).

Your wrong about what Hub said, they want an outside guy, but Ruskill is the fall back guy. They havent been getting people falling over job is because they were evaluting there move and hadnt started the process yet. Decosta is the only they have asked to talk to. They never had a shot at Mckenzie because of the slow process they are going thru and Oakland gave him full power and that is better than what we can do here this year.

Your wrong about what Hub said, they want an outside guy, but Ruskill is the fall back guy. They havent been getting people falling over job is because they were evaluting there move and hadnt started the process yet. Decosta is the only they have asked to talk to. They never had a shot at Mckenzie because of the slow process they are going thru and Oakland gave him full power and that is better than what we can do here this year.

not what he was saying yesterday

Guys, I'm not going to toot my own horn, but you all know I'm usually right on a lot of things in terms of "inside info." Here's my info that's not so inside because it's well known by most people:

HUB ARKUSH IS A F***ING MORON. HE HAS ZERO INSIDE INFORMATION ON ANYTHING.

He might end up being right here, but that doesn't mean he knew something we didn't.

Guys, I'm not going to toot my own horn, but you all know I'musually right on a lot of things in terms of "inside info." Here's my info that's not so inside because it's well known by most people:

HUB ARKUSH IS A F***ING MORON. HE HAS ZERO INSIDE INFORMATION ON ANYTHING.

He might end up being right here, but that doesn't mean he knew something we didn't.

Ha! That's a faux toot. You tooted your horn by feigning not to be tooting. BTW-I enjoy your posts, but you're not right as often a you think you are... :headbang

Ha! That's a faux toot. You tooted your horn by feigning not to be tooting. BTW-I enjoy your posts, but you're not right as often a you think you are... :headbang

No, I'm not right all the time. Like for example, when I say I'd rather have Martz back, or who I think the Bears will sign in March and draft and April. But, when I say "according to sources.." I'm usually right. Look at my track record.

Hub Arkush is an idiot. He doesn't have any sources and never has broken any news. Now, take a look at his track record.

Keep the info comin' man!

No, I'm not right all the time. Like for example, when I say I'd rather have Martz back, or who I think the Bears will sign in March and draft and April. But, when I say "according to sources.." I'm usually right. Look at my track record.

Hub Arkush is an idiot. He doesn't have any sources and never has broken any news. Now, take a look at his track record.

You know I'm just bustin your balls...