Broncos to sign Manning

DABEARSDABOMB

Per Schefter/Mort. Tebow will be traded (or at least they will try and trade him).

No deal signed, just that Manning has directed his agent to work out a deal with Denver. There are reports that he will get 20M per year and will be signing a 5 year deal.

Pretty crazy amount of dough for a guy coming off 3 neck surgeries.

Per Schefter/Mort. Tebow will be traded (or at least they will try and trade him).

No deal signed, just that Manning has directed his agent to work out a deal with Denver. There are reports that he will get 20M per year and will be signing a 5 year deal.

Pretty crazy amount of dough for a guy coming off 3 neck surgeries.

Unless this is entirely about not wanting to play in the same conference as Eli, it just reinforces that greed is rampant amongst professional athletes. The obvious play for him should have been SF. He had a much better chance to win, and to win big. The division is weak. Their defense is outstanding. They have a ton of weapons. SF would have been the odds on Super Bowl favorite if he signed with them.

Here is my take living here in Denver which has not only been very interesting to follow but I actually think it is a great fit for Peyton and the Broncos. Peyton's decision is clearly not about the money and I would add all the finalist knew what kind of coin it was going to take to sign Manning. The Dolphins would have probably paid the most since they were the most desparate. Going to the Broncos was the perfect PR solution to Elway and Fox's PR nightmare that became Tebowmania. What I mean is I believe they expected him to fail miserably when they put him in as starter and thought they would have easily cutt bait after letting him sink or swim. The problem is that Tebow and his young Deffense willed their way along with an immense amout of luck helping the Broncos put togeher a long win streak that ultimate lead to a playoff birth and first round win against an injury ridden Steelers. Enter Peyton Mannaing as a Free Agent, The perfect storm to blow Tebowmaina out of the mile hile city. I have always felt the Manning would stay in the AFC so that he would not have to face Eli in the Playoffs unless it was the SB. As a Bears fan I am pleased to know Peyton did not go to the 49ers for obvious reasons.

Here is my take living here in Denver which has not only been very interesting to follow but I actually think it is a great fit for Peyton and the Broncos. Peyton's decision is clearly not about the money and I would add all the finalist knew what kind of coin it was going to take to sign Manning. The Dolphins would have probably paid the most since they were the most desparate. Going to the Broncos was the perfect PR solution to Elway and Fox's PR nightmare that became Tebowmania. What I mean is I believe they expected him to fail miserably when they put him in as starter and thought they would have easily cutt bait after letting him sink or swim. The problem is that Tebow and his young Deffense willed their way along with an immense amout of luck helping the Broncos put togeher a long win streak that ultimate lead to a playoff birth and first round win against an injury ridden Steelers. Enter Peyton Mannaing as a Free Agent, The perfect storm to blow Tebowmaina out of the mile hile city. I have always felt the Manning would stay in the AFC so that he would not have to face Eli in the Playoffs unless it was the SB. As a Bears fan I am pleased to know Peyton did not go to the 49ers for obvious reasons.

I don't understand your post.

The Broncos had nearly twice the cap room as the Niners, and that was BEFORE the Niners went out and signed Moss.

The rest may be true, but this absolutely looks like the almight dollar had a lot to do with the decision.

I don't understand your post.

The Broncos had nearly twice the cap room as the Niners, and that was BEFORE the Niners went out and signed Moss.

The rest may be true, but this absolutely looks like the almight dollar had a lot to do with the decision.

It would appear that the standing offer from all the teams was pretty much equal. Basically manning wanted X and every team had agreed to such. That is at least what i heard Scheft/Mort reporting. Basically at that point, it was just a matter of Manning picking where he wanted to play.

In Denver, Fox will let Peyton run the show. I'm not sure Harbaugh would. I'm certain that played a factor.

It would appear that the standing offer from all the teams was pretty much equal. Basically manning wanted X and every team had agreed to such. That is at least what i heard Scheft/Mort reporting. Basically at that point, it was just a matter of Manning picking where he wanted to play.

I would agree that Denver has some good WR's and provided Manning's able to play up to any level near pre-injury, I think people might be surprised at the difference in the passing game. Tebow is a horrible passer Manning is a very accurate passer. Think about guys who managed to do ok with Tebow, will have a better chance to shine with a good passer like Manning. It's hard to know what hey have at WR when the QB rarely gets the ball to the receiver without them making big adjustments on the ball to make the catch. Tebow is a great athlete, he's a poor passer. I think Denver is a good fit for Manning, he is the type of QB that Elway and Fox would prefer as more of a pocket passer with some elusiveness. And I don't doubt that They (Elway and Fox) want to be rid of Tebow.

I see on NFL.com that Packers are considered one of the favorites to get him, LOL. What are they thinking?

I wouldn't LOL just yet. Regardless of what "it" is, the dude has "it." I could see the packers using him in such a way that would cause the Bears defense fits. I hope they don't sign him.