Kellen Winslow?

DABEARSDABOMB

I'm in agreement.

I'm not sure of the $ he'd want... I suppose for a low $, I'd take a run at him. But I don't see him settling for low $. And I'm not really all that sure an injury prone over rated prima donna is worth it regardless.

They have Spaeth, Rodriguez, and Davis. Pass.

You can never have too much depth, but the question is dollars and cents and of course, whether or not the Bears believe in Kellen Davis, which I believe they do.

He is making 3.3 mil, so what would he want for money. Last year he caught 75 passes for 765 and 2 TDs. I would say we could give that a shot.Spaeth is making 1.75, who would be worth more?

I'd have to say "no" mostly for the same reasons already mentioned. Especially given Davis, Spaeth and Rodriguez are already on the team. I think the team has as good a chance to get most or all of what they need out of these three.

And rather than throw money away at a player like this, save it for using towards getting Forte signed.

Guest TerraTor
I'd have to say "no" mostly for the same reasons already mentioned. Especially given Davis, Spaeth and Rodriguez are already on the team. I think the team has as good a chance to get most or all of what they need out of these three.

And rather than throw money away at a player like this, save it for using towards getting Forte signed.

Not related to Window, but spaeth is useless

I don't understand why they would let him go. 75 catches last year? They have tons of money and are not stockpiled with weapons. Must be something else...

Edit: they signed Dallas Clark. Clark has been useless the last two years. Id rather have Winslow.

Can Winslow block? Serious question if anyone knows. If he's just another Greg Olsen I prefer to keep our Davis and Spaeth and let the new kid fill the downfield WR role. If Winslow is mostly just a pass catching threat then I pass at any price. If he can block decently then he might be worth a shot but with bad knees it's hard to invest too much into him when he can't practice. We'll have to offenses version of Tommie Harris....all "if".

Oh and the reason for the blocking question is that I value Cutler's health and I don't trust our Oline to keep him that way.

I don't understand why they would let him go. 75 catches last year? They have tons of money and are not stockpiled with weapons. Must be something else...

Edit: they signed Dallas Clark. Clark has been useless the last two years. Id rather have Winslow.

Entirely an attitude thing.