Urlacher... second scope

Guest TerraTor

I dont beleive it... but either way screw you Major Wright... anf Spaeth too morons have head up their asses and get teammates hurt

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabi...st/Default.aspx

I put this is the 2 page Urlacher thread. Moon Mullin is reporting that Urlacher has now had 3 surgeries since week 17: one after the incident, one in the spring, and the one a few days ago.

And don't forget screw Knox for slipping and causing a broken thumb.

Guest TerraTor
I put this is the 2 page Urlacher thread. Moon Mullin is reporting that Urlacher has now had 3 surgeries since week 17: one after the incident, one in the spring, and the one a few days ago.

And don't forget screw Knox for slipping and causing a broken thumb.

Sorry didnt see....I really dont believe that but possible why he hasnt been resigned..... at l

east Knox didnt.directly cause it, he still sucks though

Sorry didnt see....I really dont believe that but possible why he hasnt been resigned..... at l

east Knox didnt.directly cause it, he still sucks though

Yeah, Mullin is on and off with his info.

As for Knox, yeah he does suck, and I'd say he did directly cause it. If he doesn't slip, Cutler doesn't try to tackle him. If Cutler doesn't try, "he's a loser who doesn't want to win that bad." Cutler had no choice because of Knox. He's been playing on that turf for a few years and still can't stay on his feet.

Yeah, Mullin is on and off with his info.

As for Knox, yeah he does suck, and I'd say he did directly cause it. If he doesn't slip, Cutler doesn't try to tackle him. If Cutler doesn't try, "he's a loser who doesn't want to win that bad." Cutler had no choice because of Knox. He's been playing on that turf for a few years and still can't stay on his feet.

I'm sorry, but Knox is the best WR this team has seen prior to Marshall, in many, many years. He gets too much grief for a 5th round WR that has over achieved in the NFL despite bad coaching.

I dont beleive it... but either way screw you Major Wright... anf Spaeth too morons have head up their asses and get teammates hurt

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabi...st/Default.aspx

Racking my brain, but for the life of me I can't figure out why this would be on Major Wright? He went for the ball, exactly as a safety is supposed to do. He ensured it was an incomplete pass.

If you want to blame someone, blame Lovie for running the cover-2 as his favored scheme. And before anyone replies with "the Bears don't run the cover-2 that much," they sure as hell ran it on that play, and it's the entire reason why Urlacher was deep middle on a pass coverage route.

Racking my brain, but for the life of me I can't figure out why this would be on Major Wright? He went for the ball, exactly as a safety is supposed to do. He ensured it was an incomplete pass.

If you want to blame someone, blame Lovie for running the cover-2 as his favored scheme. And before anyone replies with "the Bears don't run the cover-2 that much," they sure as hell ran it on that play, and it's the entire reason why Urlacher was deep middle on a pass coverage route.

or.... if you REALLY want to blame lovie, blame him for playing his key starters in a USELESS, meaningless, game that accomplished nothing but try to save lovie's job. that was the game that we should have sat our key players like url, peppers, briggs, peanut and cutler and put in rookies and on-the-bubble guys to see if they were even worth keeping on the team.

this is what you end up with when you coach stupidly.

or.... if you REALLY want to blame lovie, blame him for playing his key starters in a USELESS, meaningless, game that accomplished nothing but try to save lovie's job. that was the game that we should have sat our key players like url, peppers, briggs, peanut and cutler and put in rookies and on-the-bubble guys to see if they were even worth keeping on the team.

What kind of setup is it though if a coach has to choose between "Being fired" and "playing all my players and risking injury"?

If the coach had to make that choice, then someone above the coach failed.

They don't "run the cover 2 that much" and just because they ran it ON THAT play means very little. Urlacher is what has made that "D" work in Chicago (and vice versa) over the course of the number of years he's played there. Cover 2 or otherwise. Would he be as effective in a 3-4 style D? Or as an OLB? A lot of what ifs. Urlacher is effective moreso BECAUSE of the cover 2 scheme, not the other way around, or at least it hasn't been proven otherwise.

Where was the team really in the big scheme of things? I don't recall them being totally and completely eliminated from the playof contention until later. What if Lovie had done as you suggested? And NOT made the playoffs because of it? Instead it would've been "should have kept the starters in and given the team a fighting chance". For what its worth, the team should play EVERY game as if it means something. If they were assured a playoff spot then rest the starters, but until that time keep it as it was. These guys are payed handsomely to play a game for 16 weeks...and hopefully longer...each year.

Urlacher is effective moreso BECAUSE of the cover 2 scheme, not the other way around, or at least it hasn't been proven otherwise.

It's subjective, but I've always believed Urlacher to be better suited under the Jauron regime when they let him roam and play sideline to sideline. The design was to have to monster DTs in front of him (Washington and Traylor) and allow those DTs to keep blockers off of him and freeing him up to make plays in the process.

The Cover 2 just has Urlacher back pedal and run backwards more often than not IMO. The DTs just attempt to play their gaps and get up field in this scheme. Yeah they don't play Cover 2 hardly ever.....but they play a ton of zone, which drives me crazy.

It's subjective, but I've always believed Urlacher to be better suited under the Jauron regime when they let him roam and play sideline to sideline. The design was to have to monster DTs in front of him (Washington and Traylor) and allow those DTs to keep blockers off of him and freeing him up to make plays in the process.

The Cover 2 just has Urlacher back pedal and run backwards more often than not IMO. The DTs just attempt to play their gaps and get up field in this scheme. Yeah they don't play Cover 2 hardly ever.....but they play a ton of zone, which drives me crazy.

It's funny because Url is perfect for Lovie's scheme. He's almost like another safety on pass plays, and with the speed of today's TE's, it requires someone freakishly fast like him. Yet, Urlacher is so special that he's also perfect for Jauron's scheme, where his size and mobility are important, probably even more so than in Lovie's scheme, I agree.

When they say we play a Tampa 2 or a Cover 2 they really arent talking about our coverages. THey really mean we are a ONE GAP defense, in other words, get into your gap and upfield. This means all three LBs and a safety have run gaps they are responsible for.

In a system where you have big DTs eating space and LBs flowing, thats a TWO GAP defense, meaning the DL holds his position and plays the run on both sides of him (2 gaps).

Warren Sapp was a one gapper, undersized and active.

That's what they mean when they call us that, not the coverages we use.

Where was the team really in the big scheme of things? I don't recall them being totally and completely eliminated from the playof contention until later. What if Lovie had done as you suggested? And NOT made the playoffs because of it? Instead it would've been "should have kept the starters in and given the team a fighting chance". For what its worth, the team should play EVERY game as if it means something. If they were assured a playoff spot then rest the starters, but until that time keep it as it was. These guys are payed handsomely to play a game for 16 weeks...and hopefully longer...each year.

hmmmm.... i guess i was right, with the exception that cutler was already out with injuries along with forte. so we go all-out to beat the mighty vikings who were already on the ropes for the 2011 season to prove what?

that every game counts the same when anyone with a brain larger than a walnut would play the guys with question marks going into the 2012 season to see who you want to keep on your roster before the off-season? maybe limit the risk of injury to your franchise players who WILL come back in 2012 and ESPECIALLY the aging players in a totally MEANINGLESS game?

ask urlacher candidly some time whether he thinks it was worth it if his career is ended or he is limited in 2012 playing time or never gets back to his already diminishing skill level because of a game with as much import as a pre-season game.

how really, really stupid is that concept? all it is is coaching and management running scared and putting their personal agenda's ahead of the good of this franchise!!!

========================================

December 26, 2011|By Fred Mitchell, Tribune reporter

After Sunday's loss, Bears sit at 7-8 and out of playoffs

GREEN BAY -- Success is not measured by style points or incremental signs of progress by younger players in the NFL.

Wins and losses represent the only viable currency in this league, and the Chicago Bears came up short as they were eliminated from postseason contention after a 35-21 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-12...rza-zack-bowman

Starting Lineups

Chicago Bears

Pos

Josh McCown QB

Kahlil Bell RB

Roy E. Williams WR

Earl Bennett WR

Kellen Davis TE

Matt Spaeth TE

J'Marcus Webb LT

Eddie Williams LG

Roberto Garza C

Chris Spencer RG

Lance Louis RT

Julius Peppers DE

Matt Toeaina NT

Brian Urlacher LB

Nick Roach LB

Lance Briggs LB

Charles Tillman CB

Tim Jennings CB

Major Wright S

Craig Steltz S

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...01201010min.htm

Brian Davis | Yahoo! Contributor Network

"Every day since Brian Urlacher's knee issues became apparent seems to make his future status all the more suspect. Urlacher injured his knee during the season finale last season against the Minnesota Vikings."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago-bears...00225--nfl.html

Urlacher is such a talent that he'd be great in any scheme.

It's funny because Url is perfect for Lovie's scheme. He's almost like another safety on pass plays, and with the speed of today's TE's, it requires someone freakishly fast like him. Yet, Urlacher is so special that he's also perfect for Jauron's scheme, where his size and mobility are important, probably even more so than in Lovie's scheme, I agree.

OR IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BLAME SOMEONE... How about you start with a bunch of Internet experts who don't understand that players get injured in the NFL, coaches play their best players when they're healthy and the only meaningless games are in preseason or AFTER you've got your best playoff slot determined. Jesus Christ, get a damn grip guys.

OR IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BLAME SOMEONE... How about you start with a bunch of Internet experts who don't understand that players get injured in the NFL, coaches play their best players when they're healthy and the only meaningless games are in preseason or AFTER you've got your best playoff slot determined. Jesus Christ, get a damn grip guys.

THIS!! :headbang

And Lucky L: As outspoken as Urlacher is, you cant convince me for one second that if he didn't want to play he would've said something.

They don't "run the cover 2 that much" and just because they ran it ON THAT play means very little. Urlacher is what has made that "D" work in Chicago (and vice versa) over the course of the number of years he's played there. Cover 2 or otherwise. Would he be as effective in a 3-4 style D? Or as an OLB? A lot of what ifs. Urlacher is effective moreso BECAUSE of the cover 2 scheme, not the other way around, or at least it hasn't been proven otherwise.

The fact remains, if the Bears were not running the cover-2 on that play, Urlacher would likely not have been in that awkward situation where he was drifting backward, without vision, guarding a WR on a jumpball, where there was inevitable contact from a safety.

As for Urlacher being more effective because of the cover-2, I just disagree. He would be great in any offense because his lateral speed is incredible for a man his size.

And, yes, they were out of it by the time the last game was played. 100% out of it. They are paid to improve the team, and if sitting out one meaningless game means Urlacher is healthy for the subsequent 16 games, then you sit him in the meaningless game. He could play, but why take the chance? Game 16 last year should have been used exclusively to monitor and evaluate backups. This is chess, not checkers.

The fact remains, if the Bears were not running the cover-2 on that play, Urlacher would likely not have been in that awkward situation where he was drifting backward, without vision, guarding a WR on a jumpball, where there was inevitable contact from a safety.

As for Urlacher being more effective because of the cover-2, I just disagree. He would be great in any offense because his lateral speed is incredible for a man his size.

And, yes, they were out of it by the time the last game was played. 100% out of it. They are paid to improve the team, and if sitting out one meaningless game means Urlacher is healthy for the subsequent 16 games, then you sit him in the meaningless game. He could play, but why take the chance? Game 16 last year should have been used exclusively to monitor and evaluate backups. This is chess, not checkers.

I hope there smart enough to wait to play him against GB, he will never be able to play sunday and then thursday with a bum knee

There is no way to justify playing Urlacher vs MIN last year. He can be injured at any point, but when he does in a meaningless game, that is just bad player management. Derrick Rose vs Philly comes to mind.

I hope there smart enough to wait to play him against GB, he will never be able to play sunday and then thursday with a bum knee

Yeah, even that week is questionable. I would almost want to exercise extreme caution in this case, and wait until October 1st in Dallas. We should be able to beat Indy and STL without him, but GB is going to be a tough game anyway, especially in GB. If they did that, he would only have to play 2 games before getting another week off at the bye.

first off this is a contradiction of reality: "coaches play their best players when they're healthy and the only meaningless games are in preseason or AFTER you've got your best playoff slot determined."

1. game 16 in a season you are mathematically OUT of any possible playoff contention is NO DIFFERENT than a pre-season game. absolutely NONE.

it is completely meaningless and 'smart' coaches and organizations realize this and play the rookies or players that they want to evaluate BEFORE the off-season so they can make moves to either keep the said players they should be evaluating OR look for a better quality player to replace him. the 'smart' ones DO NOT play aging veterans or franchise players who are locks for the following season and are key to making the following season a success!!!!!!!

2. if you sit your franchise and key players in meaningless games when you are a lock into the playoffs, as you say, tell me what difference there is between this mindset and sitting your quality players the last game of the season when it matters none at all?

THIS!! :headbang

And Lucky L: As outspoken as Urlacher is, you cant convince me for one second that if he didn't want to play he would've said something.

of COURSE he would want to play. this is why you hire good coaching staffs to make these determinations on whether it is smart or safe (past injury considerations) to play these franchise players or sit them for the good of your team the following season.

would you let cutler play in that situation and risk taking a beating like he did against the giants 2 seasons ago? risk a career ending injury just because.... what? i sure as hell wouldn't.

this is just one reason why angelo is gone and lovie should be.