Devin Hester

Ed Hochuli 3:16

What should the Bears do with this guy after the season?

It's clear he's not a WR. He's even slowed up a bit on the returns since his first 2 years.

He's getting 7.6m this year, and his deal is up after this season.

Not going to pay him 7.6 million a year for sure. I would say a 2 to 3 year deal at no more than 5 million a year.

Peace :dabears

Not going to pay him 7.6 million a year for sure. I would say a 2 to 3 year deal at no more than 5 million a year.

3 mil is already a high number for other returners. They have Weems for 2 more years at an average of just over 1 mil per year. Unless he would sign for something in the normal range for a returner/backup reciever, I think he's done here.

It'll all depend on what he does or doesn't do this year...

3 mil is already a high number for other returners. They have Weems for 2 more years at an average of just over 1 mil per year. Unless he would sign for something in the normal range for a returner/backup reciever, I think he's done here.

One interesting thing on this topic. Hester has been the only one to make a return in 2 game for the Bears. I would've thought Weems would see some action so Hester could play WR, but it looks like Jeffery and Bennett are taking his targets.

I can't even see paying him $5 mil if he is going to be exclusively a Returner and 4th/5th WR, but like Madlith said, it does depend on how he does this year. If he runs 2-3 back, keeps a decent return average, and adds 25-30 receptions, that would be pretty good production.

One interesting thing on this topic. Hester has been the only one to make a return in 2 game for the Bears. I would've thought Weems would see some action so Hester could play WR, but it looks like Jeffery and Bennett are taking his targets.

I can't even see paying him $5 mil if he is going to be exclusively a Returner and 4th/5th WR, but like Madlith said, it does depend on how he does this year. If he runs 2-3 back, keeps a decent return average, and adds 25-30 receptions, that would be pretty good production.

Weems is always back on kicks with him. He just always gets the ball. Even if Weems catches one, I'm sure he's been told to give it to Hester.

It'll all depend on what he does or doesn't do this year...

If he has 2 returns for TD's + 2 TD catches, what do you do with him?

Hell...if he has 4 returns for TD's + 3 TD catches, do you keep him? If yes, at what cost?

I say trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick that could be packaged to trade up in the first for the top LT in 2013 draft. Then use the money to sign a LG.

You can only trade him now. Next year he will be a free agent.

If we got a 2 for him I'd be THRILLED.

I'd attempt a hometeam discount signing, which I don't think will work. If he makes it to free agency; I let him test the waters with the hope he offers a chance to match. He's not worth what he used to.

IMHO I would keep him, I just dont want to see him on another team that we play twice a year or any other team that can give is a reason to lose a game because of his skills.

What should the Bears do with this guy after the season?

It's clear he's not a WR. He's even slowed up a bit on the returns since his first 2 years.

He's getting 7.6m this year, and his deal is up after this season.

I've long said they should have traded him. While he was a special returner, he's always had special blocking on those returns as well.

IMHO I would keep him, I just dont want to see him on another team that we play twice a year or any other team that can give is a reason to lose a game because of his skills.

What are you willing to pay him? I am revising my $ amount down. No more than $2 to 3 million a year for a max 3 years. We already paid him top notch receiver money and he is not that.

It is already clear that Emery won't be paying anything close to his current contract unless there is a huge turnaround in his performance. It's clear he doesn't have the same burst he used to have. He is still an outstanding PR even if he makes bad decisions at times and as a backup WR I like having him on our team. His name alone could bring him far more money with another team than what we should pay him and if that happens let him go. Use the cash to fix the Oline.