Walter Football Mock

Guest TerraTor

I forgot to reply to this.

It would kill me to pass on Teo', but depending on how the draft played out, I could pass on him for stud OL talent. I just don't honestly believe LB talent is very difficult to find or cultivate. Find ball, hit ball carrier, tackle. I know that's incredibly simplistic, but that's what LBs do from pee-wee to the pros. To go further, I'd pass if Warmack, Cooper, or Jones is there.

I love te'o but i think i could go along and pass on him if any of those 3 were available

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an article on the top 10 Pro Prospects that will be playing tonight in the BCS Game tonight, I thought it was very interesting as it mentioned several players I would love to see in a Bears Uniform and some who have already been discussed in this forum.

Pro Prospects Playing Tonight in the BCS Game

Here is an article on the top 10 Pro Prospects that will be playing tonight in the BCS Game tonight, I thought it was very interesting as it mentioned several players I would love to see in a Bears Uniform and some who have already been discussed in this forum.

Pro Prospects Playing Tonight in the BCS Game

Great article. Hard to imagine that tuitt is only a sophomor. Dude could be a stud if he continues

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft a replacement if it's the right guy, but I think some of you are counting out Urlacher a little too early. Remember a couple of seasons ago when he got injured and people were talking about trading him and how his career was winding down? The next year he put up one of his best seasons. Last year was a pretty good year too. He may not be what he used to be, but when healthy he's still better than any rookie.

We never win more games than we lose when Urlacher is out, and this season was no exception. I wouldn't be in such a hurry to expedite his exit.

Guest TerraTor
I'm not saying we shouldn't draft a replacement if it's the right guy, but I think some of you are counting out Urlacher a little too early. Remember a couple of seasons ago when he got injured and people were talking about trading him and how his career was winding down? The next year he put up one of his best seasons. Last year was a pretty good year too. He may not be what he used to be, but when healthy he's still better than any rookie.

We never win more games than we lose when Urlacher is out, and this season was no exception. I wouldn't be in such a hurry to expedite his exit.

We only have 1 LB on our roster. I think MLB/OLB or an Elite S is our pick at 20...

We only have 1 LB on our roster. I think MLB/OLB or an Elite S is our pick at 20...

Dude. Stop. Briggs is still an all-star, and Urlacher is an above average MLB. We've been spoiled over the years by his athleticism, but he's still above average. Oh, and by the way, Thomas is still a second year guy. And to be quite honest, I don't think Roach or Hayes is all that bad.

Jason while I don't disagree with your thinking let me throw a curve your way.Manti Teo' has a bad combine and his draft stock starts to plummet and he is sitting there at 20, do you take him or do you pick a OL that may not be worthy of that spot?

As if the National Championship game couldn't have made my point any more clear.

Jones > Teo'

As a Notre Dame fan living in the heart of SEC country (Alabama), there is something entirely different about football down here. It's particularly true about Alabama since the fan base is so rabid and there are no pro teams to speak of in any sport. That, and the performance put on last night, is one of the reasons I previously said I wouldn't mind a trade up into the second round if it were possible for the Bears to pick Warmack, Fluker, AND Barret Jones. Of course, that's not going to happen, which is why I think the best possible draft start for the Bears (assuming no FA movements) would be Jones in the first, Fluker in the second. Until the OL problem is solved by more than bandaids, the offense will never perform and Cutler will get beat up.

As if the National Championship game couldn't have made my point any more clear.

Jones > Teo'

As a Notre Dame fan living in the heart of SEC country (Alabama), there is something entirely different about football down here. It's particularly true about Alabama since the fan base is so rabid and there are no pro teams to speak of in any sport. That, and the performance put on last night, is one of the reasons I previously said I wouldn't mind a trade up into the second round if it were possible for the Bears to pick Warmack, Fluker, AND Barret Jones. Of course, that's not going to happen, which is why I think the best possible draft start for the Bears (assuming no FA movements) would be Jones in the first, Fluker in the second. Until the OL problem is solved by more than bandaids, the offense will never perform and Cutler will get beat up.

I could get to like fluker and jones. Both are very dominant

I forgot to reply to this.

It would kill me to pass on Teo', but depending on how the draft played out, I could pass on him for stud OL talent. I just don't honestly believe LB talent is very difficult to find or cultivate. Find ball, hit ball carrier, tackle. I know that's incredibly simplistic, but that's what LBs do from pee-wee to the pros. To go further, I'd pass if Warmack, Cooper, or Jones is there.

I gotcha but I'm of the thinking that Teo is the next great MLB to come to the league and that he is a special player along the lines of Lewis,Urlacher and Willis.I truly believe he is a top 10 talent but if there is a run on another position and he drops like Hightower did I take him. I believe that Barrett Jones is the guy who will be there and I'm wondering if we should put him at center and move Garza to LG with his understudy on the roster.

I gotcha but I'm of the thinking that Teo is the next great MLB to come to the league and that he is a special player along the lines of Lewis,Urlacher and Willis.I truly believe he is a top 10 talent but if there is a run on another position and he drops like Hightower did I take him. I believe that Barrett Jones is the guy who will be there and I'm wondering if we should put him at center and move Garza to LG with his understudy on the roster.

I focussed on Teo alot last night. He was slow and weak at the point of attack. Huge concerns for him moving to the pro level. His height and weight are listed as suitable, but he looks 20 lbs smaller on the field. I'm off his bandwagon...

I focussed on Teo alot last night. He was slow and weak at the point of attack. Huge concerns for him moving to the pro level. His height and weight are listed as suitable, but he looks 20 lbs smaller on the field. I'm off his bandwagon...

I've seen every game of his and im sorry i completely disagree. Ur trying to say he sucks. I remember how ppl said he sucked in coverage then he went out and proved everyone wrong this yr. He had a really bad day. So did everyone on ND last night. I'll judge him based on his overall work to this point and not just last night

I've seen every game of his and im sorry i completely disagree. Ur trying to say he sucks. I remember how ppl said he sucked in coverage then he went out and proved everyone wrong this yr. He had a really bad day. So did everyone on ND last night. I'll judge him based on his overall work to this point and not just last night

Proved everyone wrong? Against who? BYU, Purdue, Navy, Wake Forest? Wow, I'm impressed.

Proved everyone wrong? Against who? BYU, Purdue, Navy, Wake Forest? Wow, I'm impressed.

Oklahoma, Stanford, usc, Michigan, MSU. He will be a good LB in the NFL. May not HOF or all pro vut a good starting LB. U can go ahead a think he sucks. I will remember u when he proves u wrong in the NFL

Oklahoma, Stanford, usc, Michigan, MSU. He will be a good LB in the NFL. May not HOF or all pro vut a good starting LB. U can go ahead a think he sucks. I will remember u when he proves u wrong in the NFL

OU and USC? Bad years.

Michigan? Another unathletic team that lost to an SEC school.

MSU? Come on. They beat TCU in a d-bag bowl game by 1.

Stanford? He had 10 tackles, no picks, no FF's, etc. Big deal.

Remember me, I don't care. People will take this guy because of his leadership skills. This reminds me a lot of Tim Tebow leaving Florida.

I agree there's a place for him. I just longer think it's in the 1st round.

OU and USC? Bad years.

Michigan? Another unathletic team that lost to an SEC school.

MSU? Come on. They beat TCU in a d-bag bowl game by 1.

Stanford? He had 10 tackles, no picks, no FF's, etc. Big deal.

Remember me, I don't care. People will take this guy because of his leadership skills. This reminds me a lot of Tim Tebow leaving Florida.

Tim Tebow? Please stop. Tebow wont even last in the NF. Im willing to bet he goes 1st rd and is a starter for 10 yrs. Michigan in unathletic yup denard robinsob isnt athletic lol

Dude. Stop. Briggs is still an all-star, and Urlacher is an above average MLB. We've been spoiled over the years by his athleticism, but he's still above average. Oh, and by the way, Thomas is still a second year guy. And to be quite honest, I don't think Roach or Hayes is all that bad.

Give it a break.

Roach and Url are not under contract. You know Hayes is horrible as well. So we do have ONE starting LB, a backup that sucks and an untested guy.

Not saying we draft LB in the first, hell no for safety.

BTW - Briggs is NOT what he used to be and he aint gettin any younger either.

And my final word on thi. Pardon me for trusting draft experts Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr over you lol

I also think Teo' will have a successful NFL career, but I wouldn't say McShay and Kiper are really experts. They are wrong just as often as they are right. The only thing they really have going for them is that they have the time to remember obscure stats about LBs from NE Savannah State Tech College. Whereas you and I have other jobs that don't allow for this type of study. Given enough time, I'm sure most people on this board could have as successful a prediction rate as either McShay or Kiper.

WF has a 4 round mock up now.

1. Ogletree

2. Fluker

4. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

I would absolutely hate that.

A MLB first rounder who won't start and a 4th round pass-catching TE to replace...a 4th round pass-catching TE? That would be moronic.