Walter Football Mock

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not like that at all. MLB in the first is not necessary, and trying to find another Urlacher is not priority number one. This is the best OL year in recent memory. Pick it early, pick it often. MLB can be had in 3-5 rounds.

Guest TerraTor
I would not like that at all. MLB in the first is not necessary, and trying to find another Urlacher is not priority number one. This is the best OL year in recent memory. Pick it early, pick it often. MLB can be had in 3-5 rounds.

COuldnt disagree more. build OL thru Free Agency with proven guys. I think our LB Corp is biggest Need and most important part of team, other than the pitiful Safety play.. Take the small school OTs inrounds 2 and beyond. In past few drafts, most 1st RD OT has been garbage

1. Carimi, Bulaga, Sherrod, Jason and Andre Smith, Otah, Chris Williams

its not worth it. Get an impact player.

Can anyone argue with : Our best OL was in 2005/06.. All built in FA with a 3rd RD Center of our own

Tait - Brown - ( Kruetz ) - Garza - StClair/Miller

You have a point. Kevin Minter, MLB from LSU, declared today after receiving a 3rd round grade from the NFL. However, I think these mock drafts are based off what the teams need but also what they will likely do in FA. Obviously, if the Bears sign a LT, they won't need OL in round 1 unless Chance Warmack falls to them. I think Walter knows the Bears are going to be huge players in the OT market.

BTW, the more I think about it, I doubt the Bears take OL in round 2, unless it's a G. Emery clearly loves Scott and I don't see a scenario in which he's not the RT in 2013.

You have a point. Kevin Minter, MLB from LSU, declared today after receiving a 3rd round grade from the NFL. However, I think these mock drafts are based off what the teams need but also what they will likely do in FA. Obviously, if the Bears sign a LT, they won't need OL in round 1 unless Chance Warmack falls to them. I think Walter knows the Bears are going to be huge players in the OT market.

BTW, the more I think about it, I doubt the Bears take OL in round 2, unless it's a G. Emery clearly loves Scott and I don't see a scenario in which he's not the RT in 2013.

I think we need to concentrate on offense. OLs, TE, speedy WR before we go defense. Sign Urlacher for a friendly contract for a year, and draft a LB in the 4th or 5th and hope you can develope him. I think we can get a TE in FAgency as there are a few decent choices. So that could change the draft. one of the first two need to be OLs even if we get a LT in Fagency. A speedy wideout, would dramaically change how defenses play us. Imagine a deep threat that can actually catch, with Marshall, Jeffery, a decent TE and Forte out of the backfield. That would be a tough match up.

I think we need to concentrate on offense. OLs, TE, speedy WR before we go defense. Sign Urlacher for a friendly contract for a year, and draft a LB in the 4th or 5th and hope you can develope him. I think we can get a TE in FAgency as there are a few decent choices. So that could change the draft. one of the first two need to be OLs even if we get a LT in Fagency. A speedy wideout, would dramaically change how defenses play us. Imagine a deep threat that can actually catch, with Marshall, Jeffery, a decent TE and Forte out of the backfield. That would be a tough match up.

Speedy WRs can almost always be found late in draft like rd 5 and below. Think Johnny Knox he was 5 i believe

Yeah, 5th rounder...but remember the bust rate. There's a whole lotta guys no longer in football who were drafted in the 5th round too.

Well sure remember bust rate with 1st rd guys as well. The draft is a crapshoot. The best organizations scout really well. Plus dont think its smart to draft that speedy WR in 1st couple rds when he would be ur #4 WR and possibly return kicks plus id rather leave 1st couple rds for major holes like OL

COuldnt disagree more. build OL thru Free Agency with proven guys. I think our LB Corp is biggest Need and most important part of team, other than the pitiful Safety play.. Take the small school OTs inrounds 2 and beyond. In past few drafts, most 1st RD OT has been garbage

1. Carimi, Bulaga, Sherrod, Jason and Andre Smith, Otah, Chris Williams

its not worth it. Get an impact player.

Can anyone argue with : Our best OL was in 2005/06.. All built in FA with a 3rd RD Center of our own

Tait - Brown - ( Kruetz ) - Garza - StClair/Miller

There are just as many success stories for first round OTs. In fact, this has been done on the board before, and there is a higher percentage of stud OT talent drafted in the first round than any other position (maybe QB was above it, can't recall). If you want a stud OT, you draft early. This has been proven statistically. Unless, of course, some team ignorantly gets rid of a player like that...which doesn't happen often.

Tait-Brown-Kruetz-Garza-Miller was a great OL, but, look at their draft status. They may not have all been drafted by the Bears, but they aren't 7th rounders by any means. 1,1,3,4,5. On top of that, Tait was a poison pill contract to KC, and Brown/Miller were lightning in a bottle. All of this has also been displayed on the board numerous times. Kreutz was just a good pick, and Garza was just a good FA pickup. The whole thing together is unlikely to happen like that again.

The Walter speculation may be true, but I'm not a fan of mock drafts that factor in unknowns like trades and potential FA moves.

Newest Charlie Campbell mock:

1) Ogletree

2) Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

As jason said, this better be the case because he anticipates major OL upgrades in FA...

Im not a fan of ogletree with 1st pick. Dude hasn't played an entire yr yet. Lost 6 games due to injury in 1 season and in the other 2 yrs hes been suspended. Once for drugs. With a 1st pick i want a guy u can count on. I spoke to a GA fan and she mentioned that hes a guy that makes u scream cuz hes got the obvious talent but is so stupid at same time

Do you think that the Bears could possibly view Johnny Knox as a speedy wr?I agree that a TE with pass catching ability is a must also but, we need more than one plus another H-back type to go with Rodriguez.It is also necessary for the Bears to find a RB that doesn't want to come off the field after a long gain. I was on board with the Bears if they decided to play hard ball with Forte on his contract and now that seems like that would have been the way to go.This team would have been fine if we could have lined up and run the ball 25 to 30 times a game. This would have kept the defense fresh and you would not have seen the obvious fatigue down the stretch that you saw.

Jason while I don't disagree with your thinking let me throw a curve your way.Manti Teo' has a bad combine and his draft stock starts to plummet and he is sitting there at 20, do you take him or do you pick a OL that may not be worthy of that spot?

Do you think that the Bears could possibly view Johnny Knox as a speedy wr?I agree that a TE with pass catching ability is a must also but, we need more than one plus another H-back type to go with Rodriguez.It is also necessary for the Bears to find a RB that doesn't want to come off the field after a long gain. I was on board with the Bears if they decided to play hard ball with Forte on his contract and now that seems like that would have been the way to go.This team would have been fine if we could have lined up and run the ball 25 to 30 times a game. This would have kept the defense fresh and you would not have seen the obvious fatigue down the stretch that you saw.

It also would have been nice to have a OC that actually utilized Forte the correct way but in just sayin

I don't see Manti sitting there at 20. I don't see him doing poorly at the combine, but again anything's possible. If it were to happen in your scenario and Mant's there at 20 when we pick... And there aren't any stud OT left you take Teo, I've watched the kid play over the years, his leadership on and off the field and his play on it has been a big reason for ND's return to relevance. The guy exudes character and plays with a high intensity and football iq. I think you take him if he's there. Just don't see him being there at 20. I'd love to see him in a Bears Uni and be the replacement for Url as I think he certainly could fill those shoes.

I don't see Manti sitting there at 20. I don't see him doing poorly at the combine, but again anything's possible. If it were to happen in your scenario and Mant's there at 20 when we pick... And there aren't any stud OT left you take Teo, I've watched the kid play over the years, his leadership on and off the field and his play on it has been a big reason for ND's return to relevance. The guy exudes character and plays with a high intensity and football iq. I think you take him if he's there. Just don't see him being there at 20. I'd love to see him in a Bears Uni and be the replacement for Url as I think he certainly could fill those shoes.

I completely agree. Im a huge ND fan and have seen most of there games. There's just no conceivable way of imagining him slipping that far. Im personally looking more at barrett jones in 1st

Jason while I don't disagree with your thinking let me throw a curve your way.Manti Teo' has a bad combine and his draft stock starts to plummet and he is sitting there at 20, do you take him or do you pick a OL that may not be worthy of that spot?

I forgot to reply to this.

It would kill me to pass on Teo', but depending on how the draft played out, I could pass on him for stud OL talent. I just don't honestly believe LB talent is very difficult to find or cultivate. Find ball, hit ball carrier, tackle. I know that's incredibly simplistic, but that's what LBs do from pee-wee to the pros. To go further, I'd pass if Warmack, Cooper, or Jones is there.