Walter Football Mock

Guest TerraTor

Way to misconstrue things. From the thread:

You: And for the record, I never said I "don't want to improve the O-line" just that it's a wasted pick at 1 or 2.

See, that right there implies exactly what I thought you meant, an early pick, 1st or 2nd. And the time you posted this was when his draft stock was incredibly high, demanding a pick like that. If we disagree on what constitutes a late round pick, so be it. You could go back on this board from its inception and see I have always been a proponent of drafting QB consistently. Always have been. Just like I said in that thread.

And if you go back to that thread, you'll notice I didn't post again once you conceded the late round draft pick aspect.

Try again.

So "try again" I will. (Feel like Yoda here). Anyhow, you didn't apparently read all of what I wrote or refused to. You "thought I meant" that wanted to pick someone like Klein in round 1 or 2. I did not. In fact referring to the Sports Illustrated article I read: "If he enters the NFL draft, Klein might go in the fifth round. Perhaps even the third." And this was still with him being a contender for the Heisman. So your theory that I thought he was deserving a 1st or 2nd round pick, even IF he had won the Heisman, is flawed. Heck the "experts" were even "demanding" it as you implied, not according to the article I referenced. As I said before...and again here "'they' are expecting him not to go early on drafts". The word "they" is in regards to the experts in case you were wondering who I was referring to.

If you're referring to my "tounge in cheek" concession to you then you really don't get it. I did say that I would give you the 1st round pick for OL but said so in jest mostly to give you something to chew on. I went on to explain that I don't agree with it but instead would prefer value over blindly picking OL.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you guys feel about any two guys from the following groups as our first two picks:

1st Round

Jonathan Cooper | 6'3, 310 pounds | Guard | North Carolina

or

Barrett Jones | 6'5, 302 pounds | Center | Alabama

2nd Round

Oday Aboushi | 6'6, 310 pounds | Offensive tackle | Virginia

or

Eric Fisher | 6'8, 305 poundss | Offensive tackle | Central Michigan

or

D.J. Fluker | 6'6, 335 pounds | Offensive tackle | Alabama

Is there anyone that you would not want from these 5? Based on most mock drafts, it looks like one of each group should be available when we pick.

How would you guys feel about any two guys from the following groups as our first two picks:

1st Round

or

2nd Round

or

or

Is there anyone that you would not want from these 5? Based on most mock drafts, it looks like one of each group should be available when we pick.

It's no secret. I have a man crush on Barrett Jones. I've heard slot about both Aboushi and Fluker but i heard a couple analyst believe that fluker could go in 1st. Can u tell us anything about Fisher. A guy that size is intriguing

Guest TerraTor
So u want us to completely ignore our biggest need in the draft do who do u want. Mat Barkley in rd 1 lol

Center/Guard is our biggest need huh. We have one (1) Fing LB on our team

Guest TerraTor
I think the Fiesta Bowl proved that Klein is 3-4 years, maybe never, away from being a quality NFL starter. However, my "this has to be a joke" comment then came from the fact that Klein in the 4th isn't worth it if you can draft what you think is a starting NFL player, particularly OL, right off the bat.

COuldnt agree more. Hes a less athletic and less passionate Tim Tebow

Center/Guard is our biggest need huh. We have one (1) Fing LB on our team

I know exactly how the roster looks. Did u know as of now we have no guards. Look urlacher im sure will be back and roach should be resigned as well. When will u wake up and realize our problem is offense. We scored 9 defensive TDs that doesn't scream to me that defense was a major problem. I expect at least 1 LB to be drafted but not in 1st. We can't continue to ignore the O that's how we got in this mess

Oh and just so u know we have 4 LBs currently under contract for 2013. Lance Briggs, JT Thomas, Blake Costanzo and Dom Decicco

Guest TerraTor
I know exactly how the roster looks. Did u know as of now we have no guards. Look urlacher im sure will be back and roach should be resigned as well. When will u wake up and realize our problem is offense. We scored 9 defensive TDs that doesn't scream to me that defense was a major problem. I expect at least 1 LB to be drafted but not in 1st. We can't continue to ignore the O that's how we got in this mess

Oh and just so u know we have 4 LBs currently under contract for 2013. Lance Briggs, JT Thomas, Blake Costanzo and Dom Decicco

"JT Thomas, Blake Costanzo and Dom Decicco" - Really

WE need to fix the OL in free agency. Spend the money and get a proven guy instead another draft bust like Williams and Carimi

Guest TerraTor
Your basing ur entire judgement under the assumption emery blows this draft. See Mr. Negative

I didnt say he would, nor do I expect him to. Its my opinion that 1st RD Olineman are more likely to be busts. Worst part is when/if they are, then they become completely useless.

Guest TerraTor
That doesn't mean ignore the position at top of draft. This is the deepest that position has been in a long time

I just cant see a lower grade OT at 20 then a Top Grade LB (or whoever)

So "try again" I will. (Feel like Yoda here). Anyhow, you didn't apparently read all of what I wrote or refused to. You "thought I meant" that wanted to pick someone like Klein in round 1 or 2. I did not. In fact referring to the Sports Illustrated article I read: "If he enters the NFL draft, Klein might go in the fifth round. Perhaps even the third." And this was still with him being a contender for the Heisman. So your theory that I thought he was deserving a 1st or 2nd round pick, even IF he had won the Heisman, is flawed. Heck the "experts" were even "demanding" it as you implied, not according to the article I referenced. As I said before...and again here "'they' are expecting him not to go early on drafts". The word "they" is in regards to the experts in case you were wondering who I was referring to.

If you're referring to my "tounge in cheek" concession to you then you really don't get it. I did say that I would give you the 1st round pick for OL but said so in jest mostly to give you something to chew on. I went on to explain that I don't agree with it but instead would prefer value over blindly picking OL.

Blah blah blah. The problem with your entire post is you're talking about a post you made when he was hottest. And regardless of your Clintonian twisting of words, it was pretty apparent he was going to be a first/second at that point, and that's where your words (already quoted) said you preferred him (or you did a piss poor job of making your point). Quit trolling. QB is a need every year until the Bears figure it out. But it's not a need requiring a draft pick in the first three rounds (unless Cutler is gone and no draft picks pan out).

"JT Thomas, Blake Costanzo and Dom Decicco" - Really

WE need to fix the OL in free agency. Spend the money and get a proven guy instead another draft bust like Williams and Carimi

I think you mean "potentially fix for a short term period."

The draft is more of a crapshoot, but its not like great OL with lots of years left are released very often. If the Bears go FA, it will be a need again in three or four years at the max.

Guest TerraTor
I think you mean "potentially fix for a short term period."

o

The draft is more of a crapshoot, but its not like great OL with lots of years left are released very often. If the Bears go FA, it will be a need again in three or four years at the max.

That may be, but we have drafted two "LTs" in 4 years and they both have been benched . I know the likelihood of Clady not getting tagged is about as high as me winning the lottery but Im just stickin to my guns

Blah blah blah. The problem with your entire post is you're talking about a post you made when he was hottest. And regardless of your Clintonian twisting of words, it was pretty apparent he was going to be a first/second at that point, and that's where your words (already quoted) said you preferred him (or you did a piss poor job of making your point). Quit trolling. QB is a need every year until the Bears figure it out. But it's not a need requiring a draft pick in the first three rounds (unless Cutler is gone and no draft picks pan out).

Ah, accusing someone of trolling. How classy. The "problem" with my post is that it shows you as incorrect. Something you are incapable of realizing. And the odd thing is we actually agree on the point of this whole exchange. That Colin Klein could be a good QB project for the Bears. But your arrogance gets in the way of admitting that it was the very same discussion we had a few months ago only then you were against it but not you're for it.

And since I'm here, Terra is right in wanting to do FA before drafting a high round OL (when compared). And you're right that we'll need to find another one in a few years. But guess what, they'll be another available then too? And Klein will have had that many years in the league.

1st Round

or

2nd Round

or

or

Unless he has a serious, serious flop at the combine, Eric Fisher will be the first OL off the board.

Personally, I'd trade down to get a later 1st + a 3rd and draft a MLB or T (Fluker) in round 1.

Unless he has a serious, serious flop at the combine, Eric Fisher will be the first OL off the board.

Personally, I'd trade down to get a later 1st + a 3rd and draft a MLB or T (Fluker) in round 1.

Yeah, it all is a crapshoot. Rankings will change 100 times before the draft, and I have yet to see a mock draft even get half the 1st round picks correct, let alone the entire draft.

At this point, you just have to look at a group of guys and figure out the range where they will go (which will change as well). If there are a couple of OL that are available at 20, then I wouldn't mind moving down to pick up an extra pick. Moving from 20 to 26 would be enough to get us a late 3rd round pick.

Guest TerraTor

NICE!!

Guest TerraTor

Isn't the A&M Guy Joeckel or whatever supposed the next Joe Thomas

Actually we dont have a 7th round pick this year, so much for an expert draft speculation.

Actually it all depends on if they do have to give up the 7th for Price, for the 2nd time. The pick, at the time of the trade, was a "conditional" pick. Therefore, since Price did next to nothing in Chicago, that 7th might be from the league, not necessarily from the Bears. Not saying it won't be, but it's still undetermined. Check WF's draft order, a guy who makes a living off of a draft website.

Isn't the A&M Guy Joeckel or whatever supposed the next Joe Thomas

Oops, I meant second. Totally forgot about Joeckel.

Ah, accusing someone of trolling. How classy. The "problem" with my post is that it shows you as incorrect. Something you are incapable of realizing. And the odd thing is we actually agree on the point of this whole exchange. That Colin Klein could be a good QB project for the Bears. But your arrogance gets in the way of admitting that it was the very same discussion we had a few months ago only then you were against it but not you're for it.

And since I'm here, Terra is right in wanting to do FA before drafting a high round OL (when compared). And you're right that we'll need to find another one in a few years. But guess what, they'll be another available then too? And Klein will have had that many years in the league.

No it doesn't. And you are trolling. Look up the definition: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers".

If you don't see the similarities in the previous discussion and this one, the difference between a first/second rounder pick and a fourth round pick, the fact that your original post indicated Klein as a first/second rounder, and the fact that once you conceded a late rounder then I was fine with the resolution (i.e. why I finished the thread), then it's not my arrogance hindering this debate, it's your blind ignorance and trolling.

As far as Terra's point of view, I don't think there is a "right" solution. FA or draft is fine, but they are philosophically different. Drafting probably has more risk, but there is almost infinitely more upside. The problem with FA is the guys available are almost never studs; they're second-tier at best.